October 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, non clogging loose powder that evens out skin tone and makes your face look smooth!

I really liked how it evened everything out and made my skin look a lot better than it is.

I was not impressed by the coverage, but you can't expect a lot of coverage from a mineral makeup. It did its best. Because of the medium/sheer coverage I do not recommend it to people with bad skin like me! It will not cover blemishes, acne scars, things like that.

One thing that made me take off a lippie was it didn't control my shine! I had to steal my mommy's Dual Finish powder to get rid of the shiny oily spots on my forehead! Very disappointing because this powder was so expensive!

But apart from a slightly disappointing performance it did not do anything wrong... it's good and reliable. I would not repurchase it because I'm looking for something with a little more coverage, but this should be a great product to go back to. I think it's better for people who are not acne prone and blemishy like me [:

EDIT: Powder can sit ontop of skin and look really bad... It also makes my pores look kind of big. But amazingly the particles find their way to my red spots and cover so well! It looks really natural. Pimples still show, but it looks less severe... a lot better than masking with tons of concealer. I like this.
    EDIT: I've been using this for 8 months to cover up little pimples I got. I found out this was the one giving me pimples! Booo down to two lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kdr3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been on the fence with mineral foundation...I first tried Lancome cream foundation but after you put it on a put powder over it it is no longer luminous...So that went back and then I asked to try the mineral..everyone at the counter was wearing it and I thought it had to be liquid because the coverage was too good and flawless...Well the Counter Manager found my color first swipe...Natural Beige 20...and they had one of those cute little kits left so I swiped it up with the GWP...Now I can't get enough...Everyday minerals is like putting sticky sawdust on your face...this gives me my luminous finish with coverage. Am using the powder but really can't see the difference but so far I will keep them both and give it time....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by slsteinman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hated mineral make-up before this stuff. BE made my pores really stand out, even if I used a primer. I use Dr. Brandt's primer (after serum and moisturizer), and put this on with the recommended brush...a fabulous brush by the way. Finish with translucent powder. Makes my skin look really nice! Doesn't really provide full coverage though..sort of medium. But the look is great...I'm sold!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by LorenaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

For some reason, I keep trying to make mineral foundation work for me. It is as though I can't stop myself from getting sucked into the marketing hype. This powder did not work for me. It looked cakey almost immediately, and to make matters worse, it looked extremely shiny on me. I purchased it yesterday, wore it today, and by lunchtime, I knew I would have to return it. In fact, I went home during my lunch break to wash my face. I also noticed that after washing my face, my skin looked a little irritated. Back to Nordies it goes. I bought the set with two different shades, the brush, and the setting powder. It was a great deal; too bad it did not work for me. BTW: I am about an NC15/NC 20 in MAC and Natural Ivory 30 was a good match (maybe a tad dark). The 20 was too pink.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would replace my LM MMU in real sand which is a little too pink for my liking. Nope! 2 lippies for the amazing coverage and gret container and zero oxidation. Now the cons. Unlike LM, this left me greasy, greasy, greasy. And it emphasized my pores even worse than BE and I didn't think that was even possible!!! Luckily I still have some Laura Mercier to use and up for swap this goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by tcustenborder88

I was so excited about this product, but ultimately, it was a bust. It didn't provide the coverage I thought it would, and it made my skin look super shiny immediately. It also seemed to make me more oily than usual, and sooner in the day than usual. I even used the setting powder on top, and it still did not work for me. I much prefer my Clinique mineral powder (new product) that looks more natural. I did give it a 3 because I have seen it on other people and it does not look so bad. But for me, it was a waste of money. At least the brush that came in the set is nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YES! Finally, mineral makeup that addresses all the little annoying things about mineral makeup:

1) THE METALIC SHEEN (looking at you Bare Minerals!): I actually usually like the 'sheen' that bare minerals gives but sometimes I feel like it's too much for work and daytime - when I'm in a meeting, I'm wondering if people are looking at my 'shiny' face. With Lancome, the 'sheen' is cut down and it's more like a glow (without the spakly bits).

2) PACKAGING - the packaging holes have a cover that can be closed and that way your powder won't go into a big POOOF everytime you open the container. Very nice touch. I appreciate it.

3) COVERAGE - there is actual coverage! Not sheer, maybe medium. You can layer it, but too much will look cakey. So light hand is definitely better. The powder is creamy to the touch, so you will not look dry. It's actually quite decent for dry areas. I wear this daily and I mean every single day (cause I have to unfortunately) and it's not given me any problems with my sensistive acne prone dehydrated skin.

OVERALL, if you want what I believe is the best mineral makeup out there get this one and skip the other ones. I've already wasted my money on Bare Minerals, Pur Minierals, Everyday Minerals, Amazing Cosmetics Minerals and all the drugstore brands.

FYI, Lancome brush for mineral makeup is fabulous - super soft and dense, its perfect for the application.

My makeup routine:

Foundation: Lancome Ageless Minerals
    Concealer: Givency Mister Light in Macaroon
    Mascara: Fresh (black tube)
    Eyeshadow: Lorac Croc Palette
    Lipgloss: NARS in Orgasm

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by zoeclay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about this product, but I have been very pleased. I used BE before this and I believe this covers better, last longer, and look more natural. This make my skin look great and I will soon be sixty!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by jmullinax

If you've tried Bare Minerals and not been happy, you should give this product a try. I had sworn off BM not really liking the look it gave me. However, after my last facial my aesthetician told me I should consider using a mineral makeup because my liquid makeup seemed to be clogging my pores. So, I decided I would give mineral makeup another try and headed over to my nearest Sephora to see what else was out there. I am so glad I did! I came across the Lancome version of mineral makeup and asked the sales associate what was the biggest difference between it and BM and she said it didn't have the sheen that BM had and she was absolutely right. The first time I put it on my skin looked flawless without looking like I had heavy makeup on. So far, I love it and will definitely purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by genesis81

I got this for free because of a contest at work and I am so glad I chose this item. I am new to mineral makeup and had been using BE as my first try at it. After using this I will not go back to BE. It gives a fuller coverage w/o piling it on. I like how my skin feels after I apply it. I do still end up a little bit shiny later on in the day so I just use a little pressed powder to get rid of that. If you are new to mineral makeup I would definitely recommend giving lancome a try.