April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by slsteinman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hated mineral make-up before this stuff. BE made my pores really stand out, even if I used a primer. I use Dr. Brandt's primer (after serum and moisturizer), and put this on with the recommended brush...a fabulous brush by the way. Finish with translucent powder. Makes my skin look really nice! Doesn't really provide full coverage though..sort of medium. But the look is great...I'm sold!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by LorenaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

For some reason, I keep trying to make mineral foundation work for me. It is as though I can't stop myself from getting sucked into the marketing hype. This powder did not work for me. It looked cakey almost immediately, and to make matters worse, it looked extremely shiny on me. I purchased it yesterday, wore it today, and by lunchtime, I knew I would have to return it. In fact, I went home during my lunch break to wash my face. I also noticed that after washing my face, my skin looked a little irritated. Back to Nordies it goes. I bought the set with two different shades, the brush, and the setting powder. It was a great deal; too bad it did not work for me. BTW: I am about an NC15/NC 20 in MAC and Natural Ivory 30 was a good match (maybe a tad dark). The 20 was too pink.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would replace my LM MMU in real sand which is a little too pink for my liking. Nope! 2 lippies for the amazing coverage and gret container and zero oxidation. Now the cons. Unlike LM, this left me greasy, greasy, greasy. And it emphasized my pores even worse than BE and I didn't think that was even possible!!! Luckily I still have some Laura Mercier to use and up for swap this goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by tcustenborder88

I was so excited about this product, but ultimately, it was a bust. It didn't provide the coverage I thought it would, and it made my skin look super shiny immediately. It also seemed to make me more oily than usual, and sooner in the day than usual. I even used the setting powder on top, and it still did not work for me. I much prefer my Clinique mineral powder (new product) that looks more natural. I did give it a 3 because I have seen it on other people and it does not look so bad. But for me, it was a waste of money. At least the brush that came in the set is nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YES! Finally, mineral makeup that addresses all the little annoying things about mineral makeup:

1) THE METALIC SHEEN (looking at you Bare Minerals!): I actually usually like the 'sheen' that bare minerals gives but sometimes I feel like it's too much for work and daytime - when I'm in a meeting, I'm wondering if people are looking at my 'shiny' face. With Lancome, the 'sheen' is cut down and it's more like a glow (without the spakly bits).

2) PACKAGING - the packaging holes have a cover that can be closed and that way your powder won't go into a big POOOF everytime you open the container. Very nice touch. I appreciate it.

3) COVERAGE - there is actual coverage! Not sheer, maybe medium. You can layer it, but too much will look cakey. So light hand is definitely better. The powder is creamy to the touch, so you will not look dry. It's actually quite decent for dry areas. I wear this daily and I mean every single day (cause I have to unfortunately) and it's not given me any problems with my sensistive acne prone dehydrated skin.

OVERALL, if you want what I believe is the best mineral makeup out there get this one and skip the other ones. I've already wasted my money on Bare Minerals, Pur Minierals, Everyday Minerals, Amazing Cosmetics Minerals and all the drugstore brands.

FYI, Lancome brush for mineral makeup is fabulous - super soft and dense, its perfect for the application.

My makeup routine:

Foundation: Lancome Ageless Minerals
Concealer: Givency Mister Light in Macaroon
Mascara: Fresh (black tube)
Eyeshadow: Lorac Croc Palette
Lipgloss: NARS in Orgasm

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by zoeclay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about this product, but I have been very pleased. I used BE before this and I believe this covers better, last longer, and look more natural. This make my skin look great and I will soon be sixty!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by jmullinax

If you've tried Bare Minerals and not been happy, you should give this product a try. I had sworn off BM not really liking the look it gave me. However, after my last facial my aesthetician told me I should consider using a mineral makeup because my liquid makeup seemed to be clogging my pores. So, I decided I would give mineral makeup another try and headed over to my nearest Sephora to see what else was out there. I am so glad I did! I came across the Lancome version of mineral makeup and asked the sales associate what was the biggest difference between it and BM and she said it didn't have the sheen that BM had and she was absolutely right. The first time I put it on my skin looked flawless without looking like I had heavy makeup on. So far, I love it and will definitely purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by genesis81

I got this for free because of a contest at work and I am so glad I chose this item. I am new to mineral makeup and had been using BE as my first try at it. After using this I will not go back to BE. It gives a fuller coverage w/o piling it on. I like how my skin feels after I apply it. I do still end up a little bit shiny later on in the day so I just use a little pressed powder to get rid of that. If you are new to mineral makeup I would definitely recommend giving lancome a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

I am so sorry, beautiful ladies but I HATE THIS!

Ugh I wasted so much money on a product that maximizes my pores, makes me look ultra shiny and old. It’s the first mineralized foundation I tried, though (along with MACs MSF Natural) but I thought, as I’d always been faithful to Lancôme, this product would work as great as others I’ve tried by that brand.

I know I have combo skin but I am only 22… not 80! as this powder makes me seem… "Ageless" ? On me, it's more like AgePLUS!!! =(

I have tried putting on tons of moisturizer on, primer, nothing, EVERYTHING! Blending it well, finishing powder, etc… =( The only thing I keep is the brush… which, of course was sold separately.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Godzilli

This is my new go-to foundation. Since I've started using it I've gotten comments like, "Are you wearing your new makeup? Your skin looks amazing." and "Your skin looks flawless. You look like you could be in an add for Lancome." and, from several people including my boyfriend, "Your skin is glowing."

If that wasn't enough positive reinforcement, here's the breakdown:
Pros:
Undetectable, natural, and buildable coverage. Leaves you looking airbrushed and glowing. I use a small concealer brush to dab a concentrated amount on blemishes as a cover-up, then blend out the excess automatically when I apply the powder to my whole face. I am quite fair (but not porcelain) and they have shades that are light enough - either ivory 10 or 20 works for me, I am using 10. This foundation may also be improving my skin as I have noticed increased softness and decreased pore size. However, this could also be from the primordiale serum I recently started using.

Cons:
The finish starts off sort of glowy-matte, but doesn't keep away oil during the day. This is the only reason I gave 4 stars. I am not super oily, but I get quite a bit of shine up over a day with this foundation. However, somehow I still look good and glowy - I look good enough that I don't really mind the shine (and nobody else seems to either - I still get compliments at the end of the day). I don't own the finishing powder/highlighter, so I don't know if this helps with the shine factor.

Other thoughts:
Price seems steep at $40, but actually it is on par with other mineral foundations. My previous foundation favorite was Urban Decay mineral (lightest shade) was about $30 -- this is $40 but you get about 33% more than with Urban Decay plus stunning results! By comparison, I find UD mineral to feel dry and dull looking. It used to be my favorite, but next to Lancome mineral it is like rubbing dirt on my face!

Deals:
The box set is only a good deal if you can use both shades of foundation and are interested in the finishing powder (check the ounces, you get much smaller amounts than full size). I went with the full size foundation and splurged on the brush - not a bad deal as the brush is currently $10 off (now $26). I'm not sure of all the places that are having the sale, but Macy's and Lancome.com are.

Never stop making this Lancome! I am hooked!