April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cheerydumdum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it's because it's been sitting on the Sally Hansen shelf for a while or not, but it smelled disgusting, somewhat like paint actually. The color had too much of an orange tint in it, like other people have said. I'm not completely sure which one I got because it simply says medium instead of something like light to medium. I got the one where the label looks less yellow and more beige. Definitely not getting this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Sashimi12

This is my fav foundation! Michelle Phan loves it and so do I! I find it better that Bare Minerals foundation. I add a anti oiling powder, and i look fab!!!!! Totally love the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by chantmc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've found that this foundation really works for me if I spray it directly onto a Kabuki brush or other soft wide brush, then buff it onto my face. The 'light' shade is great, and I get a soft look but with lots of coverage. My skin has a lot of red in it, so I can't go with the light/medium shade- I agree with the other reviewers, there is too much orange in that shade. Still, using the brush trick means I can get this on my face in under 30 seconds and look great for several hours. I've bought a can for work and one for home, it's that good!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been meaning to try this for a while, and I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately, I did not. I have light, but olive skin, and I went with the light-medium shade, which is probably the best match for me. It was, however, a little too orange in tint for my mostly yellow skin, and the contrast was just too great. I was able to blend it to the point that the color wasn't noticeable, but that didn't change my issue with the consistency. It was nearly impossible to get rid of the streaky look this foundation gave me. The only way to make my skin look smooth in this foundation was to blend it almost away, to the point where you could see all the imperfections in my skin again. It was also really difficult to use with the Sally Hansen concealer that I bought, and together, they ended up looking very cakey. I think it's because this is a little thicker than the usual liquid foundation. As it oxidizes, it has a tendency to separate a little bit, and when I tried to build it, it started to break apart and form beads on my skin. Eventually, I just gave up with it, and now I will have to return it. I was really hoping that I had found a paraben-free, non-powder foundation that would work for me, but it was not so. I guess I'm better off sticking with my regular, old, 100% synthetic liquid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The feel and coverage of this foundation is great. Just applied it a couple of hours ago (sprayed onto the back of my hand and used a MAC brush to blend it in) and it literally feels like I have no foundation on. The coverage is light to medium but you can probably build up the coverage after the first go round.

The one gripe I have about this foundation is the color. I'm normally pale, and even with the light color that I chose, the color goes on darker and with a tan tint. This would be great to use when I'm spray tanned, but not with my naturally pale skin. I can't seem to find the "no color" version of this foundation, either at the store or online.

I would definitely buy this foundation again if they come out with lighter color versions of it, but for me, the color is the only thing that doesn't work. It really does give a great airbrushed finish though, which I've been looking for for a while now, as a change from powder foundation to liquid. The major differences that I see that make this product worth its value (this is half the price of Dior Airflash and apparently a dupe) is the feel, makes my pores disappear and fine lines hardly to not visible whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lorifunorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i actually REALLY love this. i see alot of you don't. but despite all the complaints about coverage and color...well...it all totally works for me. i have terrible acne scars and this totally makes them dissappear. the makeup stays on all day, and doesn't run. my face NEVER looks orangey or yellowy...but i think the trick to that is to buy a shade LIGHTER than what you think you'll need. maybe my skin chemistry is well suited to this makeup..but i absolutely love it. and it's totally awesome when set with revlon photo ready translucent powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Application took a lot of work, it did have a tendency to want to streak. Overall finish was nice however the color is/was awful. As a lot of people have mentioned, it is orange/yellow...nasty oxidation. You couldn't even pull this color off in the summer. Again, pale people won't be able to make this foundation work.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Gabbster

Skin Background:
-Combination/dry skin
-Sensitive skin, use topical skin medication.
-NC30 in Mac

I LOVE this foundation. If you have combination skin, this is perfect! It balances everything out; your dry spots feel hydrated, tzone doesn't get/feel oily at mid day. Personally, I never found a drugstore foundation that I even liked, must less loved, but this is perfect. I wear the "Light to Medium" shade, its a tiny bit dark though. I feel like the "Medium" shade is somehow lighter than the "Light to Medium", but that's a tad too dark for me too. It gives me a healthy glow though. I spray a few dots directly to my face then blend it with a foundation brush vs. a sponge. I have tried it with a sponge, and a damp sponge, and I feel like it absorbs an excessive amount of the product.

If you're having trouble finding this product, go to Rite Aide or CVS, because those are the only two places I have ever seen this line of makeup. I've checked Walgreens, Target, Walmart and Ulta, and in my area they don't carry it there.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lotionaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yuck! This foundation smells awful and left my face with orange streaks. I chose the lightest shade and it made my face turn orange after a few hours. No offense to the older ladies out there, but this smells just like old lady perfume. I like the idea of an airbrush finish, but I don't like the fact that it sounds like I'm shaking a can of spray paint. I will not be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Rinnyribs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow...can you say ORANGE? Not for anyone with super pale skin. Its also cakey. Ew. Never again.