Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 8/1/2013 6:48:00 PM

I was very excited to try this product and had been eyeing it for a LONG time, I just hate buying eye products but this month through recieving makeup to review in the mail, friends/gifts and the one I bought in the beginning of july I now have 6. I am happy I didn't read the reviews before I purchased because I actually really like it. It isn't my best so I didn't give it a four but it is in the top few of my liquid liners. It is very fluid and is not dry at all. It has an even application and is realllllly easy to apply. It also dries fast so if i blink it doesnt get all over my eyelid like some of my other liquid liners. The lasting power is pretty good too. It doesnt fade or flake away. I am glad to have this product in my collection and I would most likely repurchase

on 7/27/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

this product seems to work just fine for me... i agree the line is slightly faint but it is quite visible and clearly black... just not screaming jet black. application could not be easier, it's just like drawing on your eye with a marker! it dries fast enough for me and i've had my pen for a year. i use it about once a month but that's just because i only put on eyeliner occasionally. however i wouldn't repurchase only because i want to try something new!

on 7/25/2013 3:30:00 AM

This is a big $10 rip off! The pen applies so unevenly and faint. It doesn't stay on at all and you have to almost gouge your eyes out just to show any color! I'm going to return this to Target ASAP because I have bought way better liquid liners at the DS

I love pen style liquid liners, I prefer a marker style or a brush like tip. This one has a marker style tip which works really well. I have the black one and I find it to be really opaque, it isn't the blackest liner around but it works well for me. I have been using this almost daily for the last 6 months and it is just now starting to run out. It goes on really smoothly, it is very easy to get a thin or thick line with this one and it last all day long. Like does not budge till I remove it, it doesn't smear or run under my eyes either. I have not irritation with this either and I am a contact wearer so that is saying something! I do wish the tip was bit thinner because I don't like a really thick line near my inner corner but if I am careful I can usually get a pretty thin line. Overall I really like this one and I would repurchase it.

on 7/10/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love liquid liners cuz they don't fade like my pencils do.
It was my first pen-maker-liner. It's not as striking as I thought it would be as far as color intensity, but it's sufficient. I'm no good at applying liner on my top lids in general; needless to say sometimes the maker skips at the top of the line [hard to explain] and doesn't leave a clean finish, but it's fixable and workable.
Overall it's pretty good, if not a liiiiiiiittle more expensive than I'd like to spend on a liner. [I got it for $8.] It lasts as long as I think any liner would [without being primed first].

on 7/3/2013 7:59:00 AM

I love Revlon. But I'm disappointed with their eyeliners.. The revlon colorstay liquid eyepen in blackest black is my FIRST ever liquid liner. I bought the pen type for easy application, but then after a while, i started having trouble applying it because the ink starts oozing at the sides and not on the tip... plus, i was never satisfied with the intensity of its color... most of the time, i just apply liner and some mascara (since i have really short and not so much eyelashes) i expected it to give me the effect i wanted...unfortunately it did not. and worse, it doesn't last too long, i had to re-apply it twice or thrice in a day.. Needless to say, I never repurchased. :-(

on 5/1/2013 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love my revlon colorstay pencil liner, it's very black and glides on easily although it doesn't stay long but i have oily eyelids so i can't really complain. But this, I don't know. The color doesn't come from the tip of the pen which is really hard to put it on your eyelids evenly. The consistency is rather thick so it's kinda messy when you want to remove it. I'm so disappointed with this, I'd rather try another pen eyeliner even though it'll be more expensive.

on 4/21/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this eyeliner! Great convenient packaging and has a harder felt tip which is easy to control. Dries fast and does not smudge! My last liquid liner was the Maybelline Precise and I also use the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil liner, the Body Shop rich brown pencil liner and all would smudge. The Revlon one doesn't, for some reason. Bought it for $11 and I think it's really worth the price.

Edit: Runs out of ink quite easily due to the packaging. Still decent but not as consistent or black as before. :(

on 4/21/2013 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely don't get why this pen is getting bad reviews. My packaging looks different a tad so maybe it's newer and thus better cuz I love it. It's a basic pen liner with a nice width and it goes on smooth and not flaky at all. Mine is in the darkest black and it is true to color. I have used it several times now and I really like it. Will buy it again for sure ~ p.s I am an eyeliner snob. I wear it constantly, mainly 60's style and such and have been for years, so I'd say I know a thing or two.

on 4/19/2013 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At Priceline i was getting the beauty bag offer where if you spend over $60 on selected brands you got a bag of goodies so i decided to pick this up as Revlon was one of those brands.

I just really feel mascaras and eyeliners aren't Revlon's strongest point. I think this is a great liquid liner for people learning to do their makeup because its so easy to get a nice precise line but it just didn't impress me.

I got the colour (blackest black) but to me it was more of a grey it just wasnt dark enough, it fades quite alot during the day which is annoying, theres no way of adding more product to the brush (like some liquid liners have a twist method or something at the bottom) so i feel like it would run out quickly and it was $25AUS which is really expensive for a drugstore product especially when it just isn't that good. I won't be re-purchasing.