December 22, 2014 | 923 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking through my reviews, and I couldn't believe I haven't written a review for this eyeliner yet! I'm so confused by the low rating.. this has been my HG liquid eyeliner for about 3 years now. I do winged eyeliner just about every single day, and this eyeliner is the best I've found so far. It's so quick, so easy, and the formula is awesome! I never have a problem with smudging or transfer with this liner. Also, I think this lasts a really long time. I've repurchased several times, and I've never come across one that has problems with pigmentation or being dried out.

Like anything else, this product will work for some and won't work for others. I'll always recommend this liner though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by QTpii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this pen for quite a while now, and at first I really hated it. It seemed like it was really diluted, and didn't come out a true black. I stopped using it, but decided to try it again recently. Somehow, it actually comes out blacker now, but it seems like I have to press really hard, as if I'm almost scratching my eyeball. Overall, not too impressed with it, although it does seem to last awhile after applied, so I'll continue using it until it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

I bought a factory-sealed package yet even upon the first application it seemed dried out, like an old used Sharpie with a lost cap. I tried using it 3 more times, and finally, thinking that shaking or repositioning might deliver more product to the tip of the marker, gave up when it leaked black all over my hand and bathroom sink. A complete disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by katielester

I've always struggled applying liquid eyeliner but this product made it so much easy! It literally feels like you're holding an ink pen making it very easy to hold and apply. The felt tipped end really allows you to shape and control the lines you're making. It stays on all day and lasts a long time, I've had mine over a year and have used it quite a bit but still hasn't ran out. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by avel

I don't understand why this product has such low rating; it's my fav eyeliner! It's like a pen so it's very easy to grip and use. It makes nice, clean lines. The black does get grayer after awhile but you can always trace over it. I love how the line looks very crisp but not TOO defined, which the expensive liners tend to do. This liner last forever - I think I had mine for almost two years and it's still going okay. And last of all it's soo cheap...seriously people...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know why this has such bad reviews! Mine does look a little different than the pens in the pictures-it looks like a newer version. I never tried the one above, so maybe the formula is different? Anywho, it's a good product. I have blackest black and blackend brown. Blackest black really is SUPER black. It's probably the blackest liquid liner I have ever used. Actually, it looks a bit harsh on me, so I prefer the blackend brown. I agree with whoever said it below, the blackend brown it quite a bit less opaque than the black. It is buildable, though, if you want it darker. This is a solid liner, and I have never had any issues with leaking, smearing, etc. The only thing I will say is that it dries sort of...dry. Lol. What I mean is that after having it on for a few minutes, you can kind of just wipe it away with your fingers, especially the brown. It doesn't smear for me, though! Magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by fiontoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really really want to love this product but I cant... I have it in "Blackest Black" and trust me, it really is opaque black in one swipe. It is even more pigmented than my Majolica Majorca Automatic eyeliner which I absolutely love.

Besides the good pigmentation and good formula, every thing else about this product is just meh. For some reason it keeps leaking even if I leave it upright (Tip facing up) and the ink goes everywhere except on the felt tip. So I just use it on its side to line my eyes normally and use my majolia eyeliner to draw the winged tips. Also, the felt tip feels really rough on my eyelids and it literally smells like permanent marker.
I would probably give this a second chance in case I got a faulty batch but I probably wouldn't recommend this to others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people don't seem to like this liner, but I really love it.
I have tried the Essence, ELF and a few other pen liners, because I am just starting to get into liquid pen liners, and I have to say, this one has really worked out the best. The tip on the ELF liner is rock solid and hurts. The one on the Maybelline one is a little flexible. This one is right in the middle. Its has a little give, but not enough to effect your control. I store mine upside down in my eyeliner cup, and it has never leaked or spilled like the Essence one. It also has a very even application, but as I stated, storing it upside down is very important. It also is very black, and doesn't fade very much or go patchy. I have hooded eyes so I need something that sets but gives me a second to correct any mistakes easily which this one does, and then it sets and stays put. I haven't had any issues with running or shifting. I would suggest also, make sure you use cream shadow it is either set and dried or set with a powder. I say if you have a coupon or see it on sale, really give it a shot. you might be surprised. Ill be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bethany76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the fact that it will stay on all day, save for the inner corners of my eyes. I like the felt tip applicator and the amount of product you get. I also like the fact that it is incredibly easy to remove, and on my fair skin leaves a nice bold line. But those who are in love with this eyeliner have clearly never watched a sad movie, got caught in the rain, or chopped a strong onion while wearing this. Holy raccoon eyes, Batman! I have never encountered this kind of running in my entire eyeliner wearing life (20+ years). I will be looking for something a bit more water resistant.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Lexi90delux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This eye liner stays on all day from 8:00am -5:00pm for me. I would have to apply 2 layers to get pitch black dark liner it does a good job of winging the eyeliner pointed tip very precise and there's a lot of product in the little liquid pen liner