July 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The cream wash worked okay for my acne. I have really acne-prone, oily skin, and nothing I've done really helps.

However, after I started using this product, my skin did improve somewhat. I noticed fewer breakouts and my skin felt softer. However, it definitely did not get rid of my acne, and my skin is still blotchy on my bad days.

For the price I paid, this is effective...however, this is far from a miracle product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did my research on this product and I read mixed reviews. So, I decided to try it out for myself. I can't stand this product. It gave me more acne, which I didn't know was possible. The only thing I liked about it was the smell. It was amazing, it smelled like cucumbers; I love the smell of cucumbers. But I would not buy this product again. It's awful. I wish I could go back in time and not buy it. Also, it dried out my skin a tad. I cut back to using it once a day instead of twice a day. It was a strange product and I will not be buying it again ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by majestyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i just bought this today.
initial thoughts-
VERY creamy.
nice smell
attractive packaging
makes your skin tingle
NO SULFATES!

when i used this, it sort of felt like i was moothing butter on my face. it wasnt oily, it just felt... nice. it tingles quite a bit, and your face feels cool when you was it off. my face felt very moisturized afterwards too.
i took a nap after my shower, and when i woke up, my skin felt slightly oily.

i have moderate acne, dry/combo skin type.

i'll update tthis in a week with my thoughts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Cjm239

I love this cleanser. I have very bad acne and it is probably one of the only one that makes a difference. It doesn't clear my skin completely but I feel like it helps a lot. It smells good too. I recommend it for people with moderate acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At the time I had bought this (few years ago) I broke out more than usual whenever I started stressing, my acne would tremendously over night worsen. It never occured to me that there was a product out there for this prob I had. Until I seen this and got it.

At first it worked terrific and I mean absolutely terrifc. I'm pretty sure I had used this product only in the night, every day.
My acne had cleared up amazingly well and when I did stress I wasn't breaking out! My face literally cleared up really nicely.

Of course however, it was too good to be true. I think I used about half of this product or more (although not close to being done with the product) until somehow the formual/ingriedients literally died on me.

It was no longer an active powerful product on my acne skin.
My acne came back, I was breaking out left cheek to right cheek. It no longer stopped stress pimples from forming and yet I was stuck again trying to find a good face wash.

Conclusion: My skin got immuned to this stuff. Something that can happen to many people.

Pros:
-did amazing job clearing my face
- kept my face clear from stress pimples

Cons:
-acne came back
-didn't work for long:(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Staceyy72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very acne-prone skin, I have combo skin(mostly dry tho) i have an oily nose/ a little oily on my T-Zone. The first 2 weeks it actually worked for me, i had a few blemishes on my forehead, 2 on my cheeks, and 1 on my chin. They cleared up and i was thrilled!! But after another week or so, it seemed like it completely stopped working. I think my skin just got used to it or something, but it made my skin more oily and it broke me out really badly. I liked the creamy texture and the way it made my skin feel clean and tingly after i washed my face, i was looking for an acne-clearing product that was consistent but this was not it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't exactly like this wash. I had tried the scrub before and switched to the cream wash because I felt that my skin was getting a little dry and therefore producing more oil. So I began using the cream wash and it didn't help the oil at all. If anything, I felt like my face was more oily. My face didn't feel completely clean. However, I am using this right now, but only a small amount mixed in with Cetaphil soap. It's not too bad when I use it the way I am now, but for the price, it's not worth it for me to buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I had high hopes for this stuff when I used it due to everyone else's great results, I used in on my face, chest and back for about a month, and unfortunately I didn't see and results at all. It didn't make my skin any worse though and it didn't irritate my skin at all like most cleansers seem to.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by haigh

I have had comedonal acne on my forehead for years and years and nothing has really helped. This product has made my skin 80% clear which has been better than alot of creams prescribed by doctors with the added benefit of not causing the skin to become too flaky. Initially my skin reacted (became red, broke out a little) but has since gotten used to the acids in the product. I suspect it is the glycolic acid that is really helping as I have been using the Neutrogena salicylic acid treatment as well with only minimal effect. My skin is also really smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by mrspalacios09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just picked this up on a whim one day at target because my skin has been looking its worst. I have really acne prone skin and this cleanser has cleared it up alot in the past 3 weeks that I've had it. I use my Clarisonic with it and i will say it stings my face really bad when i use it. I don't think it has made my skin smoother though.