MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 7/13/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

While this product definitely covers, is highly pigmented and actually comes in a shade pale enough for my fair skin... all this is outweighed by the fact that it is incredibly cakey and drying whether applied under the eyes or on a blemish. If this was the only concealer in the world, I'd still use it, but there are far better (and cheaper) options out there.

on 7/13/2014 9:42:00 AM

I have this in NC30 to match my skin tone and NW30 for the under eye area. To be honest, this is the best concealer for minor to average blemishes because it has a creamy yet dry formula and high pigmentation to cover the blemishes and discolouration, and it could be built up an layered for fuller coverage.

For under the eyes, I tend to mix it with a thinner consistency concealer because it could be drying, but the NW range is great for this purpose.

My only concern is that the product is in a jar which could get a bit dirty as everything could stick to the surface. It also needs to be kept in the fridge if you live in a hot environment. This is not an issue for me because i am in the UK, but sometimes when it is sunny, I see it melting quickly.

Anyway, this is still the best concealer out there and could be worn alone in the days where you only want to cover blemishes without wearing foundation. I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/8/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this to cover up acnes and scars. The coverage was good, but the color was off. It made me look like I have orange patches on my face. The sales rep color matched me to nc35, but the color seemed a little too dark. She also suggested nw25, but that color was weird (way too red). the consistency changes with temperature. In the winter it was hard to get it out of the pot. In the summer it looked oily. It oxidizes like crazy. It became super orange after a while. The little pot lasts a long long time.

on 7/6/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The concealer ISN'T for under your eyes, if you want one to cover your dark circles get the pro longwear concealer!! HOWEVER this is perfect for covering blemishes on the skin and I've literally bought this product about 5 times. Absolutely amazing and FULL coverage for beware if you have perfect skin as it may be too full coverage for you. But for people with blemished skin like me it conceals red areas amazingly, can't complain at all. For those who love this concealer like me, I have just bought the 'full coverage foundation' which is a pro product which we can now buy online in the UK (not sure about other countries), as I was talking to a MAC makeup artists who said that it is pretty much the same product without an SPF but in a much larger container which makes it better value for money. So, the studio finish concealer has 7g of product for 15 but the full coverage foundation has 28g of product for 24.... Therefore much better value for money. However if it's your first time buying the product, get the concealer version as it lasts me a good 6 months and it's still an amazing product!

on 7/4/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this concealer for my dark circles but it creased under my eyes. Didn't like it. Returned it.

on 6/30/2014 9:45:00 PM

My favorite concealer. I don't like it for under eye particularly because I prefer something more lightweight for that area. But, for covering general redness or blemishes (hormonal acne), it's fantastic. That's why I will always have one of these little jewels in my makeup arsenal.

on 6/30/2014 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It wasn't the greatest concealer and I wish I bought MAC prolong wear instead. I was in the shade NC15 and the color matched almost perfectly. Honestly I only give this product 3 lipsticks because it doesn't cover everything it said it does. It didn't cover dark spots, and really red spots on my face. It did cake under my eyes, but other then that it concealed everything else. I dropped this concealer one time and the cap broke off so I had to fix it, but after I fixed it, it never broke again when I dropped it. Overall I wouldn't buy this again because I wouldn't need it, so I am definitely buying MAC prolong wear next time.

on 6/23/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If I had to pick only a few products to use for the rest of my life, this would be one of them. It is incredible stuff. In the three years I've bene using it, I've tried various other concealers which can't even compare to this stuff. I use it only to cover blemishes and old ance scarring on my face as I find it is a little dry for under the eye area. But the tinest amount of this goes such a long way and covers impossibly well. Not only that, but it covers without looking like I'm wearing anything. If you use a lot without blending well, it can look cakey. However, with tthe way a tiny amount of this covers, you should honestly not need more. I've honestly used it nearly every day for the last three years and I still have a half pot left (gross, I know, but I do sanitize it daily). Recently I decided to try the much hyped pro longwear concealer just out of curiousity and I HATED it. It didn't perform nearly as well in any aspect as this concealer (even wear time, ironically). I sure wish I kept the receipt because I cannot for the life of me make it work. The Studio Finish will always be my HG concealer I think. I have no complaints what so ever about it.

on 6/22/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG concealer. Not only is this an amazing for concealing dark circles around your eyes and the odd blemish but this is fabulous for contouring with. It lasts all day and is soooooo easy to blend and work with!! I would recommend this to everyone with all skin types :-)

on 6/21/2014 8:37:00 AM

I use this concealer under my eyes on a daily basis and to hide spots/blemishes on nights out. It provides a good coverage under my eyes and I covers nearly all of my spots/blemishes on nights out (I get really bad spots so I'm not surprised it doesn't cover 100% of them). The lid broke within 1 month of purchasing the concealer and it's thickness sometimes conflicts with scabby spots on my face. Overall, it is a decent product that I would buy again