October 2, 2014 | 705 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2093 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only concealer that actually covers up my acne scars, and lasts all day. It's amazing stuff! Pricey, yes - but honestly it will last you a long time if you use is sparingly. Which I find is the trick, less and better. I don't use it around my nose, or under eye (I find it too drying for those areas) but everywhere else I need a small cover up, it's perfect! Just make sure you get properly colour matched at the MAC counter. The packaging is great, and I just found out about MACS recycle program?! Like seriously, I had no idea they did that?! Pretty awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by kaiannxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the coverage but man.. on dry skin this is not it. It will cling to your dry spots and won't blend well. Not moisturizing. Even when I do mix moisturizer it doesn't get any better. This also creases like crazy under your eyes.. I think this concealer is known for that. Idk. I would say it's good for oily skin but I feel like but if people with oily skin used this it would melt right off your face because it creases even on my dry skin. So use a GREAT setting powder or spray. But like I said the coverage is full and great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This is a necessity in my makeup collection, but I definitely had to learn how to properly use it. This is a very heavy concealer and if you don't use a light hand it can get cakey. For example under the eye, I use a fluffy blending brush and pick up a small amount of product and blend really well, or it will crease. For sharper eyebrows and cleaner liplines, I use this with a tiny, flat concealer brush, but again, blending is key because otherwise you will give yourself plastic, Barbie doll features. The one thing I don't recommend using this on though is acne. It does warm up on the skin and change in consistency a bit, which means that it will most likely smudge right off that nasty red zit you were trying to hide, revealing your secret shame. And we don't want that, do we?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Mariacb22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dried my skin up like crazy and creased. I love mac but not this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In a word..... Okay. Definitely not as great as I was hoping for the price. I enjoy the little container. It's portable and durable as I'm fairly rough with my makeup bag and it hasn't broken yet. However, it does crease under the eyes throughout the day, and it accentuates dry spots horribly. I find also the application can be difficult if I haven't just moisturized my skin. This can be annoying because sometimes I'm in a rush and don't have time to apply my eye cream. If I don't put eye cream on, however, this is quite hard to apply. It just grabs and doesn't smooth on nicely. The coverage for me is pretty good, and reminds me of Cover FX cream foundation. Honestly, save your $30 and buy a Cover FX cream foundation and use it as a concealer. You get a lot more for your money with similar coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Katcolee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer to cover spots and blemishes and I love the high coverage it gives! Mine is in NW20 and MAC's colour ranges are great so mine perfectly matches me. I'm prepared to pay £15 again for the coverage. Although it's not good for dry skin at all, it can make me look cakey, so I have to be careful but as long as I moisturise, I should be okay. Something to think about though if you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by yungerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, color matches perfectly. My only thing is that this product creases like crazy. The consistency is a little thick (if that's the right term to use) and hard to blend but oh well...The packaging breaks easily, as the little glass part has fallen out and the whole lid has taken quite a beating. However, I do like the product itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sillypots

I am using this concealer in NW20. I don't use this all over my face as I tend to be acne prone but this is my GO TO every day under eye concealer. It does wonders at hiding the shadows under my eyes.

I am early twenties but on a bad day I do get quite bad creases under the eye. I was weary that people said that this concealer was awful at exagerating those creases and boy were they right. BUT this is only true if you apply it straight to your under eye area. To combat this I use a really cheap primer (matte perfect from MUA) which smooths out the area and allows a flawless smooth application.

The price is high but you only need a small amount so it is welll worth splashing out on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okie. This is a super hard product to review because it does work well, but not exactly for what I was looking for.

For me, I have already found a concealer that works AMAZING for my acne, but I decided to branch out a little more.

This product is great great GREAT for covering small dark spots, redness, and light acne scarring.

But the main use I wanted from this product was to cover up my blemishes.

Even though this works EXTREMELY well for dark spots, redness and light acne scarring, it just isn't targeted for blemishes.

But because it worked extremely well for the dark spots, redness, and acne scarring, I will repurchase :)

A cheap and very good drugstore product that I keep coming back to for my concealer for blemishes is the Canmake Cover & Stretch Concealer UV Water Proof! So amazing, and a HG drugstore for concealing acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was looking for something to cover my red acne spots and some acne scars I have been left with.I wanted something that was light and didn't look and feel heavy.I didn't want to buy a foundation so I started searching for a concealer.Of course MAC was on the top of the list because it's the only brand that can match my super fair skin-I'm NC15 and it's the only place I can get a product that matches exactly my skintone.
I had heard about Studio finish concealer and many people I knew were also raving about it.I started searching on the internet and came across great reviews aswell.So long story short I decided to buy it.I was also thinking about getting Pro Longwear concealer but the reviews left me very skeptical also-a glass packaging?? that's a no no.
The mua matched me of course to NC15 because i wanted it for my face.I happened to go to MAC when they were having sales so I got it for 13euros instead of 18.At first the tiny tiny little pot surprised me-negatively because it's really very very small.I thought-yeah maybe it's going to last me 2 months.But the quantity you get...wow.I've been using it for almost a month 5-6 times a week and it looks like I haven't even touched it.
I swirl my finger in it to warm it up a little bit because yes it's very thick and then apply it to my face -patting it and pushing it into my skin.The smell is classic MAC face products-not bothersome.Once I apply it it disappears into my skin and it doesn't feel heavy at all.
It covers perfectly.really.anything-my red spots-my acne scars-bumps,redness.I was truly amazed at how flawless my face looked.The only bad thing about this concealer is that once you touch your face ,it spreads on your fingers-yes I know.It doesn't fade completely but be careful.you shouldn't touch your face anyway.On my very oily skin it lasts and lasts a lot of hours.Moreover,to the people who say that it is cakey you probably use way too much product and top with a lot of powder. I tried it and it does cake with lots of powder.However with a normal amount of dusting it looks amazing-flawless and natural.
Great stuff if you have skin issues.
hope it was helpful:) good luck:))
ps: Make sure you MOISTURIZE THOROUGHLY just before applying this.Otherwise you have to tug your skin and it doesn't apply that good.