Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

2.8

Ingredients: Medicinal ingredients % w/w: octinoxate 7.5%, octocrylene 7%, oxybenzone 6%, titanium dioxide 5.7%, octisalate 5% Non-medicinal ingredients: purified water, glycerin, propylene glycol, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, vinylpirolidone/eicosene copolymer, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate (and / et) PEG-100 stearate, potassium cetyl phosphate, phenoxyethanol, aluminum hydroxide, triethanolamine, dimethiconol, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, cetyl alcohol, ethylparaben, carbomer copolymer, disodium EDTA, tocopherol/soya oil, xanthan gum

I love this moisturizer! I have very sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This product did not make me break out or have a reaction at all! It is hydrating, and non-greasy. Also, very easy to apply, so I don't know why some people said they could had trouble with that?? Weird. And the pump is so easy and hygienic! As for the oily residue some people have complained of, I really can't tell if that is true, because my skin is always oily, no matter what products I use, but I am happy and will repurchase.

on 6/9/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because of the high spf, however I will not be re-purchasing this product because it left my face SO oily (I have combination skin to begin with), I compared this product to the Biore Preservation Dual Fusion moisturizer and sunscreen (30 spf) which did not leave my face so oily. I also did not like how thick this product felt on my skin, it was also a bit harder to blend in as compared to the Biore product.

on 6/9/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Okay, I must preface this review by stating that I did not use this products for weeks and weeks. This will not be a thorough review of the pros and cons of using this moisturizer. Why? I only used this lotion once, this morning, and it almost made me take the Lord's name in vain. OMG!!! I am NC 45, AA and this had the worst white casting that turned gray on me. WTF?! It's for all skin types?! What about all skin tones?! I don't think so. Fifteen minutes later, it is still trying to absorb into my combo/dry skin. I had to run to the computer to tell darker women of color, "Don't waste your money!" Luckily for me, this was a free item when I bought a jumbo sized combo of Cetaphil cleanser for my toddler son, so it will join last night's leftovers in the trash can. (With the exception of the cleanser for my 2 year old, all of the Cetaphil products I have tried have been disappointments. I don't believe the hype.)
Update: 6/11/10. Okay, after the initial reaction to the suckiness of this product, I can give a little more insight into it. The gray cast was present all day, even under my MAC MSFN. It was extremely greasy on, and though it kept my skin moisturized, I looked like a grease ball on a not-too-hot day. AND, worst of all, these little white bumps popped up on my face by the end of the day. They were on my cheeks and forehead mostly. This is one of the worst beauty products that I have tried in a long time. SMH

on 4/17/2010 2:19:00 PM

I was looking for a very moisturizing sunscreen because I recently decided to use Retin-A and I've had some dryness from that. This does moisturize but feels like a coat of wax on my skin.

After wearing I felt like washing my face and couldn't stand myself! So waxy and uncomfortable. Then at midday I noticed some blemishes coming up on my cheeks. I don't know if it was the sunscreen that caused that or if they were lurking underneath already. I do blame the sunscreen for the enlarged pores that appeared on my cheeks by that time though. It looked like my skin was suffocating.

I had switched to this after I developed a mild allergic rash from another moisturizer thinking I could kill two birds with one stone.

I don't think I will buy this again, but instead will stick with anthelios and just find a good mild cream to use otherwise. I'll just use this up on my chest and shoulders. But I'd be careful because it is irritating to Retin-A skin. I've never been so sensitive before!

It also may cause some breakouts.

on 4/1/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought this because i recently moved to denver and since we are closer to the sun here then when i was in CALI, i decided i wanted to find a high SPF for my daily moisturizer, so i decided to check this out, ( i love all thier other products- and they do wonders)
I BROKE OUT! In 1 day, HORRIBLY. I only used it that one day.. and that was the only thing i had changed in my routine. So there was no way i was going to put that stuff back on my face again.. lol No one could pay me! I guess i'll just keep looking :).. HUMF.... oh well

on 3/11/2010 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Did I get a bad one or what? It seems sooo thin to me, not thick at all! Which I prefer thick! Although it does not absorb, but after I put my makeup on you cant see it. Plus it lightens your face and makes you look more flaweless. BUT it also stung my face when I put it on! HOW is it recommended by derm when it burns??? plus it has paraffins wich creep me out!

on 3/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

Wow! What a disappointment. I had very high hopes for this product, and when I saw an ad about it I couldn't wait to go and buy it.

But, when I started to use it (about 2 days ago), it's quite thick and doesn't absorb into my skin. It's supposed to be non-greasy, but I look like a frying pan, and not to mention as soon as I covered my face with this, I looked very pale. It's supposed to be a light-weight moisturizer, but it feels pretty heavy to me.

I'm not very happy with this product considering I paid $18 for 50ml of this, when I could have just bought any other regular sunscreen for that amount of money, or half. After applying this and waiting 10 minutes, I had to go wash my face and apply the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I will be returning this product, and would not recommend or buy it again!

on 2/17/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for an honest, good sunscreen.

While this may be affordable and high spf, It does not wear very well under makeup (for me ) and is a bit greasy!

My aveeno is much better for under makeup

I will keep this for serious sun exposure and use it on my shoulders. Maybe around my eyes. Other than that, I seriously recommend that you keep on looking if you need a good spf to wear under your makeup

on 2/14/2010 11:30:00 PM

I find myself coming back to this product for several reason. I have dry skin and this has been able to keep my skin moist through out the day, and it has a very high spf which I find is great. It does take a while to set in, but I found that if you put a very little amount it spreads well, so a little goes a long way and wont take so long to sink it. I dont apply it thickly, and i use a smashbox primer over top and its great! I have sensative skin and it doesnt irritate it. I dont really have break out problems and this never made me break out. I use it all year round, 5 lippies.

on 2/13/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The good thing about this product is that even though the package is pretty small, a little goes a long way. I bought this for the spf about a month ago and have been using it daily. The price really isn't that bad (around $14 CDN at walmart), but I don't think I'll be buying this again. First off, it doesn't absorb well. I have combination dry skin, and after about 15 minutes I can see dry patches all around my face. It also makes my skin look uber oily/shiny. Its decent, but I think I'll have better luck with another moisturizer.

Top Rated Cetaphil Products