April 19, 2014 | 1650 users online

Sunscreen - Cetaphil - UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by megs12582

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this because i recently moved to denver and since we are closer to the sun here then when i was in CALI, i decided i wanted to find a high SPF for my daily moisturizer, so i decided to check this out, ( i love all thier other products- and they do wonders)
I BROKE OUT! In 1 day, HORRIBLY. I only used it that one day.. and that was the only thing i had changed in my routine. So there was no way i was going to put that stuff back on my face again.. lol No one could pay me! I guess i'll just keep looking :).. HUMF.... oh well

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by redstone1365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was very disappointed with this product. I have combo skin and Im not usually allergic to skin care products.My dermatologist recommended this as I was looking for a sunblock with high spf. Im presently using a 25 SPF daytime moisturizer and im very very pleased with it (Anew Retroactive old formula).Been using it for years.My skin glows with this product. But due to the intense summer heat lately (I live in Asia) and my being out in the field most of the time, I decided I wanted higher SPF. I tried Cetaphil SPF 50 Defense Facial Moisturizer. I already bought it when I read the reviews but I still took the risk. Big mistake. I still used my moisturizer then Cetaphil under my foundation. My! My skin looked blotchy and uneven. I was outdoors for one hour and I could see bumps on my cheeks (never had pimple on the cheeks,only on my chin). I was dying to go home to wash off the product.

As soon as I got home I washed it off (three hours after). I saw reddish bumps on my cheek (3-4 bumps). I really really regret trying this product. I applied fluocinolone cream (for skin irritations) and I hope this will help remove the bumps.

Be careful with this product. Wish I didnt try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did I get a bad one or what? It seems sooo thin to me, not thick at all! Which I prefer thick! Although it does not absorb, but after I put my makeup on you cant see it. Plus it lightens your face and makes you look more flaweless. BUT it also stung my face when I put it on! HOW is it recommended by derm when it burns??? plus it has paraffins wich creep me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Prorance

Wow! What a disappointment. I had very high hopes for this product, and when I saw an ad about it I couldn't wait to go and buy it.

But, when I started to use it (about 2 days ago), it's quite thick and doesn't absorb into my skin. It's supposed to be non-greasy, but I look like a frying pan, and not to mention as soon as I covered my face with this, I looked very pale. It's supposed to be a light-weight moisturizer, but it feels pretty heavy to me.

I'm not very happy with this product considering I paid $18 for 50ml of this, when I could have just bought any other regular sunscreen for that amount of money, or half. After applying this and waiting 10 minutes, I had to go wash my face and apply the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I will be returning this product, and would not recommend or buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an honest, good sunscreen.

While this may be affordable and high spf, It does not wear very well under makeup (for me ) and is a bit greasy!

My aveeno is much better for under makeup

I will keep this for serious sun exposure and use it on my shoulders. Maybe around my eyes. Other than that, I seriously recommend that you keep on looking if you need a good spf to wear under your makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find myself coming back to this product for several reason. I have dry skin and this has been able to keep my skin moist through out the day, and it has a very high spf which I find is great. It does take a while to set in, but I found that if you put a very little amount it spreads well, so a little goes a long way and wont take so long to sink it. I dont apply it thickly, and i use a smashbox primer over top and its great! I have sensative skin and it doesnt irritate it. I dont really have break out problems and this never made me break out. I use it all year round, 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by motto011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The good thing about this product is that even though the package is pretty small, a little goes a long way. I bought this for the spf about a month ago and have been using it daily. The price really isn't that bad (around $14 CDN at walmart), but I don't think I'll be buying this again. First off, it doesn't absorb well. I have combination dry skin, and after about 15 minutes I can see dry patches all around my face. It also makes my skin look uber oily/shiny. Its decent, but I think I'll have better luck with another moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sure this would be great as a regular sunscreen for other body parts but I will not be using this with my regular morning skincare routine. I applied this 15 minutes before putting on my make up hoping the moisturizer would absorb but it didn't. I ended up looking super greasy and using blotting papers all day to sop up the shine. I've never been so disappointed in a moisturizer before. I love that it's SPF 50 and was hoping this could be my HG daily facial moisturizer but I can't look like an oil slick everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by WetnWavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was pretty terrible. I'd used Cetaphil cleanser before and was pleased with the results, and felt this was going to be an overall good product. It went on heavy and greasy, and left a visible white film on my darker skin, so it's probably better for those with fairer skin. It was just way too thick and I don't feel it absorbed into my skin at all, it just kind of sat there. I switched to my normal 30 spf moisturizer and haven't had any problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

This is so gross. It's thick and it honestly takes too much work to even it out. If you don't rub it in it dries like a white powder... I guess it's from the sunblock, but i wish I could take it back. It also says it's ok for oily skin, but every time I wear this it makes my face a total oil slick. I hate that! Even when I pair it with blotting powder, it just makes my foundation run. Ugh!