Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

I LOVE this product!
Revlon has the best drugstore lipsticks that I have tried in general!
There matte lipsticks are also the best.
I have a couple of MAC matte lipsticks and I feel like they are very drying and are prone to feather away.
The Mac ones don't last long, probably only about 1 to 2 hours.
The revlon ones are only 5 bucks and are very moisturizing.
These are very pigmented, yet, don't feather as much as the mac ones.
I would say that these are NOT kiss proof, as it can stain somethings it hits.
But overall, I think that this is an AWESOME Lipstick lik=ne and I will definitely be repurchasing more and more :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Beautifully flattering red lipstick!! The perfect shade of red for light skin tone. It doesn't flake and it stays a true red color while it's wearing off. I had to reapply in the center of my lips after eating, but it will last several hours if you don't eat. The matte formula is slightly drying so I make sure to apply chap stick and let it dry before applying the lipstick. I've definitely recommend this! Even better, I got it for under $5.

on 2/25/2013 8:59:00 PM

LOVE IT!! my lips are always chapped but even if I apply it, it doesnt make my lips look ugly and chapped. i Love that it is matte and makes my teeth look whiter. Will be buying this again as soon as i run out!

on 2/11/2013 12:33:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It is SOOO red and so perfect. I love it for day and night, the matte really makes it wearable during the day but fierce at night, with the right eye make up. During the day, I'll often add just regular chapstick (Burt's Bee's) over the top so as it slowly fades into a more wearable look, its always blended and looks great without coming off slowly in the center and looking like a hot mess. I got it at Wal-Mart for less than $6, not on sale. It goes on easy and doesn't dry your lips out at all. I also wear it in the evening and am really surprised at how well it wears. It's been my go to red for the last few months; love wearing it!

on 2/11/2013 12:00:00 PM

Really nice matte lipstick. Doesn't dry me out, easy to apply with its consistency and is great for an evening look. The tube also looks durable and elegant.

The only problem I have with it is the price (RRP AUD$22) :(

on 1/20/2013 5:17:00 PM

Really love this lipstick! I love the retro red lip look but always had trouble finding a colour that wouldn't transfer everywhere and that I wouldn't end up really self consciously checking to make sure it still looked alright. This lipstick completely stayed in place and barely transfers at all. Gorgeous flattering true red colour that would be pretty universally flattering. My lips are super dry so I do find it mildly drying, but really not bad at all for being matte.

on 1/8/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Favourite drugstore red EVER! Looking for a matte retro lip, the one that would rival what Marilyn and other classic bombshells wore? Look no further, Revlon Really Red is wonderful and it's cheap. Doesn't dry out the lips, applies pretty easily, vibrant pinup red that cheers you up in now time in a very sleek packaging. It's a color that may appear blue but then it's a true red. In fact, it's a universal color so from lightest to darkest skin, this looks incredible and striking!

on 1/3/2013 9:20:00 PM

Here's your pop standard red lip. It's matte, it's red. Genius-ly, Revlon made the top of the cap clear, so you can see exactly what the shade looks like.

on 12/30/2012 6:41:00 PM

Read the reviews for this and it sounded like a red lippie I didn't have and wanted to add to my collection -- retro, matte without being dry, and leaning just a touch on the warm side of red without being too tomato-red / red-orange or too bright. Really Red is just the ticket. Thank you, Makeupalley Ladies, for turning me on to this little gem. I am definitely cool-complected -- ash brown hair, dark brown eyes, and very fair skin with lots of visible pink in it. Already have a number of true-red and cool-red lipsticks and glosses. The real-deal retro reds of yesteryear were indeed a tomato red-orange. Not a good look for me at all. Really Red is just warm enough for that true retro look, yet still close enough to being a neutral red so that literally everyone can successfully wear it. A couple reviews said this is a dupe for MAC's Ruby Woo, which I own. No way, no how. Not even close. Ruby Woo is a very cool-toned pink-based red and is bright. As for Revlon's Really Red, this is a lippie I plan to always have in my collection. It's a keeper. Thanks again, Ladies.

on 12/30/2012 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This purchase was purely bc of makeupalley reviews. It did not disappoint.
I have roughly 10 red lipsticks and yet i rarely wear em (ha). I think i like the idea of them or the 'perfect red lip'. This is def the closest i have gotten to it. Its a matte formula and if applied lightly can be worn as an everyday color. Great red color.

Popular Lipsticks