April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When dry, my hair is feeling at dry, and yet-product laden (and I use lotion and oils as styling tools) at the same time. When wet, my hair feels dirty, as if cleansing it out was incomplete.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smelled so beautiful and refreshing, but it barely lathers and it really dries out my hair. My hair color doesn't look any duller, but I'm not sure if that's because I've used a good color or if this shampoo is actually effective. This makes my hair look very dry and straw-like. Big letdown. The search continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product dried out my hair and gave me severe dandruff. My hair type is dry curly frizzy dark brown hair. My stylist recommended that I try products for color treated hair, even though I don't color my hair, because they tend to be gentlest on the hair and are good for dry frizzy hair (my hair type). I wash my hair two to three times a week, since I blow dry my hair so I don't wash it as often. I used this product for about a month with the complimentary conditioner and deep conditioner. I started to develop rash like dry patches on my scalp which escalated to scaling of the skin. My hair also feels like hay and looks super dry (I have been blow drying my hair for years and my hair has never felt or looked this dry ever....also I am very careful about using heat on my hair and using deep conditioners and heat protectants). This product (along with its sister products) went straight into the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells great, rich lather, very 'thick'. makes my hair really soft, but i don't feel that it cleans tooo well, but i attribute that to the lack of harsh sulfates. my hair feels healthy and i don't even need to use conditioner. smells great too!

EDIT-------------------
this shampoo made my scalp form these horrrible bumps! i think they're pimples, but they feel more like really bad ulcers! also it's rare that i get dandruff, but after using this shampoo for a week, i have major flakes. NO-NO IN MY BOOK. my brother got the same results from this shampoo. oh, and i figured out that my hair feels 'healthy' when using this shampoo, because it basically doesn't clean. it just kinda rinses away itself and nothing else. useless product. going straight to the trashbin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best drugstore shampoo I have ever used. I actually like the fragrance and find that it delivers the right amount of cleansing for my fine, normal hair - doesn't dry it out but does get it clean, without stripping my color. Produces more lather than Aveda.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by msbailie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because it's sulphate-free and that really appealed to me. But I won't buy it again!
It's higher priced than some other natural sulphate-free brands I've used before (but had to stop using due to allergic reaction to some of the natural oils) and I don't like the tube it comes in. It's pretty small for the price and you have to squeeze really hard to get anything out of it.
But the worst part is the scent - it smells like men's deoderant, and that's all I can smell for at least 1/2 the day, even when I flip my head upside down and rinse that way in the shower so that the residue doesn't get all over me. I don't know if others can smell it, but I can't stand it.
Some people have complained about frizziness, but I have supershort hair, so I don't notice that. I haven't used it long enough to see if it really is anti-fade on my really red streaks, and I won't bother, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Ramones66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The price is fine for what you get, however, it isn't what I hoped it would be. It does control frizz and smooth my hair down but doesn't protect my color. I saw the difference in just one use so I was disappointed and will probably go back to Aveda shampoos after dumping this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smell is comparable to Aveda products - very earthy. A little strong but I love Aveda scents. However, it performs horribly. I have never had such dry, dull looking hair. Terribly difficult to squeeze out of the tubes, especially when you're hands are already wet. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by courtpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product is good!! I have very thick hair that gets frizzy. This helps with the frizz and makes it look straight (it is not a miracle product for this though). The reason why I purchased it was that it won an award in allure magazine for its anti color fading. It works! I dyed my hair about 2-3 weeks ago and the color looks great. I will continue to use this and will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by alliebear109

I have had this shampoo a good five months before I reviewed it. Honestly, it makes my hair feel SO dry and I don't even have damaged hair. I have a bit past shoulder length hair that is fine yet I have a lot of it. After using this in the shower, it makes my hair a tangled hot mess. It takes a ton of conditioner just to wash it out! It also left a ton of build up in my hair, which is not great for someone who already has fine hair. I love the idea of using a sulfate-free shampoo but will not be repurchasing this again.