Dior Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

3.9

Active ingredients: titanium dioxide 3.16% and octinoxate 3%. Ingredients: water, methyl trimethicone, alcohol, phenyl trimethicone, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg10/1 dimethicone, silica, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, phenoxyethanol, stearic acid, sorbitan sesquioleate, alumina, sodium myristoyl glutamate, dimethicone, ascorbyl glucoside, hydroxyethylcellulose, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, synthetic fluorphlogoitpe, fragrance, sericin, linalool, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, methylparaben, limonene, butylphenyl methylpropional, bht, rhodochrosite extract, dimethicone/methicone copolymer, hydrolized linseed extract, citronellol, sorbic acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, copper gluconate, isobutylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: mica, aluminium hydroxide, iron oxides, titanium dioxide.

on 9/12/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am sorry to have rated the packaging so low, but I actually got a sample of this from a magazine so that's how I found out about it! It was in Light Beige and came in a small packet.
Anyway, the texture is sort-of like a gel or cream, it's quite thick, with a good colour (for me!) and great coverage, however it has awful staying power, in fact by maybe 12 o'clock, it had started looking streaky! Also, it tends to cling to any dry areas and makes any powder put on top of it instantly caked!
However, I did really like it. It smelt nice, gave great coverage and although it's out my price range, I will always try to look about for it! It also comes in some great colours. I would just have to prime more next time!

on 9/8/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am really disappointed in this foundation. At $48 CAD (plus tax), this was the most expensive of the three foundations I've been rotating lately and yet it's the one I like least of the three! Firstly, the colour match isn't great for me. I spent a good 20 minutes letting the lady at the Dior counter test colours on me, yet the colour she matched me to (023 - Peach) is still way too orange. But putting aside the colour issue, I'm still not a fan of the formula. It highlights my dry spots and the fine hairs on my face. It looks cakey and I don't find it to be moisturizing at all, nor does it give me the natural, dewy look I was hoping for. I've had to resort to mixing the foundation with some moisturizer and some of my L'Oreal Magic Lumi liquid illuminator to make it a passable colour and a better texture. I definitely won't re-purchase, and will probably just keep it as a back-up to use for when I run out of my preferred foundations.

on 8/29/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked it but it's not the best I've used. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin but it looks made up. I'd be perfect for night time ude.

on 8/24/2012 6:58:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, it's very natural looking which I love. The colour is well suited to my skin, which is a 020 shade. And I get lots of compliments when I wear it yay!!!

on 8/23/2012 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Fabulous foundation!!!

It goes on nice and light and is easy to build coverage if you need to.

Blends perfectly and doesn't look like I'm wearing heavy makeup!!

Love it!!

on 8/15/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this med coverage foundation for my oily skin. Doesn't make me break out which is number one concern for me. Feels like silk, a little thicker than Chanel vitalumiere aqua, but very similar. Easily blended into skin. Bottle is beautiful and hygienic, one lippie off for packaging because I'm not sure I'll get all the product out with the pump, and price per ounce is very high.

on 8/12/2012 7:46:00 AM

Absolutely love this liquid foundation. I have tried many different brands and this is by far my favourite. I love the coverage of the foundation (as I tend to cover my freckles/pigmentation), does not make me look like I have too much make up on and makes my skin looks flawless and natural. I usually finish it off with Diorskin Nude loose powder. This definitely work best for people with dry and sensitive skin like me.

on 8/12/2012 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

First off, let me say that although I gave this four stars, I personally hate this foundation for myself. However, this review isn't for me, it's for YOU (presumably). So...

...if you have normal to very dry skin, don't get shiny easily throughout the day, seeking a dewy finish, wanting light to medium coverage but nothing more (it's not really buildable), looking for thin texture, try this.

I unfortunately am the complete opposite of that description, so it didn't work for me. However, I've unintentionally become such a foundation expert (through trial & error) that I've learned what foundations are good for other skin types as well. Even though I am extremely oily, I can tell this is a great foundation for those with dry skin. Most dry skin-friendly foundations are thicker and creamier, but this is very thin and almost feels like nothing on your skin and still manages to moisturize. It also slightly diffuses lines and indents on the skin, or at least doesn't make them as noticeable. Looked pretty good in flash photos until I got oily of course.

So I personally will not buy it again, but I encourage anyone with dry skin to give it a try. I am a die-hard lover of Dior's Airflash aerosol spray and that kinda set the standard for all foundations for me, but I've also tried this, Forever, and Eclat Satin. I have to say Dior's foundation ranges are certainly worth their price, even if I don't like them for myself.

on 7/30/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this foundation, it's so light on the skin. It gives my face that fresh glow, and even's out my skin tone. I also like that it's got a neutral undertone. I found that it works best with a light moisturiser underneath, I use a Dior moisturiser and the finished look is smoother and so beautiful. I will definitely be repurchasing in the future, it is my absolute favourite foundation!

on 7/29/2012 11:46:00 AM

This foundation has been working very well for me for the past 8 months. I love the buildable formula, and I never feel cakey. The finish is so dewy and natural. One of my favourite things about this line is the shades with neutral undertones!

I get about 8 hours of wear with this. Sometimes I notice it wears off on my crazy oily nose, but the rest of my face being dry/dehydrated it wears strong.

I would not recommend this for someone with oily skin.