Rimmel Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

2.9

Aqua/Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Galactoarabinan, Kaolin, Xanthan Gum, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 12/29/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this rescently and I have been using it for like a week. Whar I like about this is that it mattifies my skin, which I was surprised, lasts for a long time, but......... it is really hard to blend and that is a downside for me. Other than that it really controls the oil very well. Needs to be more blendable.

on 12/14/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading the reviews, I decided to buy this because I'm a fan of matte looking skin. I was quite surprised at the high quality of this foundation. Stays on all day, gives full coverage, with a wide range of colors to choose from. Put this on with a stippling brush, it will definitely give you a flawless face. Love this!

This product is definitely NOT matte which I prefer. It gives quite a dewy finish even with powder on top. My biggest complaint with this foundation is that is it almost "sticky" and is not very easy to apply. I find mixing it with a smoother foundation is the best way to get use out of it esp since I couldn't get my right color. The color selection is extremely limited. Overall, not a product I would buy again.

on 12/11/2010 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Thought i liked it at first but now i dont. It doesnt blend very well

on 11/14/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I dont understand the bad reviews on this foundation! I LOVE IT! i have very pale skin with pink undertones and i find when i put this one (i also dab a few dots of maybelline dream liquid or mousse or elf tinted moisturizer)
And i find that it is gorgeous. I have it in the shade 'ivory' and i love that its pale and matches closely. Most 'ivory' shades are way 2 dark or too yellow. But this foundation is one of the best. It comes in a squeezable tube and i only need a few small dots on face and it spreads/blends so nice. Its a more of a mousse'y' feel to it. Ive had it awhile and havent made it 1/4 way thru so it will last me awhile. I bought at walmart 4 $4.47 so its such a great/cheap price so i can afford to rebuy someday. I have normal to dry skin and i use rimmel fix and perfect primer and this blends and soaks into skin and does give a MATTE finish. It doesnt emphasize dry spots, covers my redness or blemishes and looks flawless. (I blend with my elf studio powder brush) def a great find 4 me but everyones skin and complexion is different so to each their own. I love it. Will def rebuy!
I learned from ginabinawina on youtube to mix a tiney bit of my elf 'spotlight' shimmering facial whip in with my foundation to give a great glow if i want!

on 11/14/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

One Word- GARBAGE.

on 11/10/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First of all, the colour was too orange. I usually use Rimmel foundations in 303 and they closest they had in this one was 300..but didn't match after all. The colour range sucks. It feels watery when I put it on.. I would rather have a thicker consistency. As for staying matte.... Not really. My skin felt "dewy" almost immediately even after applying a pressed powder. Didn't control shine.. I'd give it another shot if the colour matched. Skip this one girls.

on 11/10/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good coverage.... I like the finish look. Thought it might be a good alternative to laura mercier silk creme foundation, BUT made my face even more oily then it already is. I will def. Return it.

on 10/3/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm rating this on performance alone, it's a great liquid foundation, and it truly does wear all day and can withstand humidity and hot weather and bright sunlight. The only downsides to this foundation are:
-Extremely limited color range (although I'm not a hard match at NC30, I got the 200 and it works fine, but there is no range really to speak of, 6 shades)
-No SPF at all.

Big Pluses:
-Easy to use, non-clogging, hygenic stand up tube
-Outstanding staying power/performance in hot/humid weather
-Does not make my oily skin oilier and seems to counteract the oiliness without stripping
-Does not oxidize on me
-Inexpensive

The foundation spreads really well and even though it's not thick and more liquidy, it dries quickly and you don't need as much as you might think. Also, it adds a bit of a glow to my skin (or at least it appears that way to me) and my skin looks healthy with this on. I got this while on a vacation because my mineral makeup was an absolute disaster in high heat plus high humidity, and this really saved my trip.
Really a great formula and it does not ball up, crease, get greasy quickly, or oxidize on me. They just need to add to the color range and get some SPF in it that doesn't change the formula/performance, and it would be PERFECT. As it is, I have a color that works for me and I can use an SPF lotion underneath it and I'm still happy with it.

on 10/1/2010 10:41:00 AM

Didn't have any problems with this making my skin oilier. had a nice matte finish for quite some time before I had to touch up with translucent powder. I have this in both 200 and 201 shades (don't recall the names) and I blend them together to get the perfect shade for me when i don't have a nice summer tan.

I top this off with the Stay Matte powder and I'm good to go.