December 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by EllsaBellsa

I had high hopes for this stuff considering it was $11 and some change at Walmart, which is pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara. As soon as I got home I tried it out and was NOT impressed at all. Minimal length, no volume whatsoever, and one coat looked spidery. I was so so so disappointed! The only great thing was washing it off, the tubes are awesome and they come off clean with just water. I only wore it twice after that, then I threw it in the trash!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ninapetal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has become my holy grail of mascaras for one reason - absolutely no smudging and raccoon eyes! I have seen that many reviews ding this mascara for this very reason, the fact that is come off in the clumps like that, but this is the very reason I love it! It is a mid-priced drugstore brand, and a great find for lasting power and length.
One of the main reasons I have always hated washing the make-up off my face at night is the difficulty of getting all the inky black-ness off around the eyes without being too harsh and rubbing my eyes too much (for fear of wrinkles!) and no other mascara I have ever used has compared.
Prior to trying this mascara, I was a constant mascara-switcher never buying the same one twice in a row trying to find the right one. This changed once I discovered that this NEVER smudges, rather coming off as a mass of spidery black tubes, but CLEAN spidery black tubes, mind you. It comes off very cleanly. This makes all the difference when it comes to my bad habit of dreading the before-bed washing. I wash my face as I imagine most women do normally, and then at the end of the process these are able to be pulled off with my fingernails without pulling my lashes out. Trust me, this sounds crazy but it is way easier than the rubbing and having a mess of black around your eyes!
The mascara formula itself is quite lengthening, somewhat thickening, and a little crunchy (if you know what I mean), but what it lacks in softness it makes up for is ease of removal.
I use it interchangingly with and without the white base, without much visible difference, and with the same removal results. The only difference is you get a little more thickness with the white base, but I can get the same result with a few coats of the black mascara anyway, so I rarely use the white base.
If you are looking for a clean, non-smudging mascara that lengthens and cleans up easily, this is the product for you!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mcdumbdumb

I actually really like this mascara. I have the non-waterproof version, and I find it to be smudge-free, flake-free (basically, at the end of a 12hr day i have no black shadow underneath my eyes). The formula really help to lengthen and define my lashes. Also it is really easy to remove, I don't need to use makeup remover, just wash it off with warm water and a good facial cleanser. I think this is definitely a good buy. The only complaint that I have is I find the brush to be a bit big for my eyes (I consider myself to have fairly small eyes), but I guess it's really not the product's fault....
I think I will buy it again (although I do think compare to other drugstore mascara, L'Oreal products are on the pricey side), but I will also try other products occasionally....

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a very good mascara. It doesnt really do much of anything for me. Not to mention when I tried to wash it off I thought my eyelashes were falling out. Turns out it was just the tubes *phew* Yeah I didnt like this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by mcanderson09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is ok I guess. It does provide nice length. It is a pain to remove. It does not separate well and has no volume. I will not repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Rina7

The only reason to use this mascara is because you can't find anything else that doesn't smudge and you mainly want longer lashes. Aside from that, there are a lot of con's: tends to glue lashes together for spidery effect; does not thicken at all; kills the curl; the two-step application with the primer is a hassle; and the fat brushes smear product on my lids. So I've switched over to some mascara found at a Japanese grocery store in SF Japantown (Dramatic Parfums' Dramatic Volume & Curl Mascara), which also doesn't smudge or flake, but gives a little bit more volume in one coat and dries super fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sandia1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gah! I really wanted to like the "tubing" effect this product claims to give- and nice volumizing. For me, it's just awkward putting the mascara on over the white bit because I get an uneven, clumping mess with white still showing. Big thumbs down. I have long lashes, and they aren't thin, and I really wanted to have a feathery, thick effect and all I get is eye lashes clumped together and that's not the kind of volume I look for. lol Ironically, the only thing I would give this 5 lippies for is removal. I just wet my lashes with warm water and the "tubes" kinds fall off and the residue easily washes off. I would not purchase again, nor recommend this product to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by covergirllover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Began using this product a couple months ago after seeing all the ads for it on TV and wanting to give it a shot. I was very pleased with the length this mascara gave me. I have dark medium to long lashes and I thought this complimented them nicely. Although I did notice it clumped my lashes together sometimes if i applied more than 2 coats, I would still recommend this product to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mdgraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wanting to try this forever! I finally got it and I wasn't too disappointed, which is good. It doesn't smudge or flake too much. The thing about is that it did nothing for separating my lashes which is why I only rated this product a 3. I think I would buy it again, but I'm not sure. It's kind of pricey for a drugstore mascara. Lengthening was okay and the volumizing was great. I wouldn't recommend this only because it's not worth the price!

XOXO

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ToriDee888

I had hear reviews on the mascara and although I always go for thickening versions instead of length I decided to try this out. I hate putting on white primers and think they make my lashed a tad crunchy but this wasn't as bad you just have to move quick with it. I haven't decided if it's better to put the mascara on the wet or dry primer. It makes my lashed super long however and I LOVE IT. The super downside to this is trying to take it off. It is NOT super easy removable with soap and water. I have to soak cotton pads in baby oil or olive oil and then wash with soap and water. It also comes off in these weird black strings. It's so difficult to get off it would affect me buying a second one. Packaging is fine and the price wasn't terrible.