July 25, 2014 | 2010 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by mcanderson09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is ok I guess. It does provide nice length. It is a pain to remove. It does not separate well and has no volume. I will not repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Rina7

The only reason to use this mascara is because you can't find anything else that doesn't smudge and you mainly want longer lashes. Aside from that, there are a lot of con's: tends to glue lashes together for spidery effect; does not thicken at all; kills the curl; the two-step application with the primer is a hassle; and the fat brushes smear product on my lids. So I've switched over to some mascara found at a Japanese grocery store in SF Japantown (Dramatic Parfums' Dramatic Volume & Curl Mascara), which also doesn't smudge or flake, but gives a little bit more volume in one coat and dries super fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sandia1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gah! I really wanted to like the "tubing" effect this product claims to give- and nice volumizing. For me, it's just awkward putting the mascara on over the white bit because I get an uneven, clumping mess with white still showing. Big thumbs down. I have long lashes, and they aren't thin, and I really wanted to have a feathery, thick effect and all I get is eye lashes clumped together and that's not the kind of volume I look for. lol Ironically, the only thing I would give this 5 lippies for is removal. I just wet my lashes with warm water and the "tubes" kinds fall off and the residue easily washes off. I would not purchase again, nor recommend this product to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by covergirllover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Began using this product a couple months ago after seeing all the ads for it on TV and wanting to give it a shot. I was very pleased with the length this mascara gave me. I have dark medium to long lashes and I thought this complimented them nicely. Although I did notice it clumped my lashes together sometimes if i applied more than 2 coats, I would still recommend this product to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mdgraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wanting to try this forever! I finally got it and I wasn't too disappointed, which is good. It doesn't smudge or flake too much. The thing about is that it did nothing for separating my lashes which is why I only rated this product a 3. I think I would buy it again, but I'm not sure. It's kind of pricey for a drugstore mascara. Lengthening was okay and the volumizing was great. I wouldn't recommend this only because it's not worth the price!

XOXO

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ToriDee888

I had hear reviews on the mascara and although I always go for thickening versions instead of length I decided to try this out. I hate putting on white primers and think they make my lashed a tad crunchy but this wasn't as bad you just have to move quick with it. I haven't decided if it's better to put the mascara on the wet or dry primer. It makes my lashed super long however and I LOVE IT. The super downside to this is trying to take it off. It is NOT super easy removable with soap and water. I have to soak cotton pads in baby oil or olive oil and then wash with soap and water. It also comes off in these weird black strings. It's so difficult to get off it would affect me buying a second one. Packaging is fine and the price wasn't terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Es1337

I have very deep set hooded eyes and very long lashes that rest on my lid just under my brow bone. For years and years I was afraid of mascara because it would rub off on my lids and make me look like a raccoon, not even waterproof mascaras were wearable by me.

This definitely does live up the the smudge proof claim and keeps me from looking like a raccoon even after some major sweating, but it's definitely not my HG but I would repurchase just till I find something better.

It makes my lashes look really spikey, clumps them together, and is EXTREMELY hard to get off. I've lost a few lash hairs from trying to get the stuff off. The brush is too big and close to the wand to get to the hairs in the inner and outer corners I found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara doesn't do it for me. First of all, there isn't much total product in the tube for the same price as others with a full tube of mascara (due to the side with the conditioner or whatever). Second, it doesn't make my lashes look bold - they just look kinda feathery and light, not dramatic in the least. Finally, when I remove this mascara, it flakes off in a strange way and leaves weird mascara residue flakes everywhere. I like L'Oreal, but not this particular mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Cares50

I have been using the Double Extend mascaras for several years. I love the lengthening and volumizing one can acquire with this product. I like the option of using both the primer and mascara when I want the full effect, or just the mascara when I want a more natural look. In the past, I have used the primer with other colours of mascara - the primer seems to be the only reason the other brands succeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara, even though I was hesitating to buy it based on the low score on MUA.
It's close to perfect. I apply the primer first, don't even let it dry, then the mascara. I actually like the bristles, they apply the mascara evenly and separate my lashes flawlessly, I don't need to run a comb through them to separate them, like I do with my other mascaras. It lengthens my lashes a great deal (well I don't know about 80%, but still...), and it lets them keep their curl. It feels like I have nothing on, and I haven't noticed any clumping or spider lashes. No fallout what so ever. They look natural, just longer.
Removal is easy, you just gently rub some warm water with 2 fingers on your lashes, and you can see the tiny fibers come off. I love that I don't have to use eye m/up remover, as it usually left me with raccoon eyes in the morning. this washes out clean, and my lashes look great, soft and healthy after.
I think of this as a good buy, and I'll probably repurchase.