December 20, 2014 | 1467 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by takeit2damax321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer was exactly what I wanted for a good, sculpted contour. It has NO hints of orange or red undertones, which is a huge plus for me. The fragrance is amazing; it smells exactly like hot cocoa powder/chocolate. However, one warning to future users of this product: Do NOT go into your contour with a heavy hand (unless you are trying to achieve the drag queen look).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I love this bronzer! Not only because it smells like chocolate, but it's also one of the only medium/deep bronzers that does not make my fair skin look muddy. I can get away with using this as a contour, and even on the apples of my cheeks without it looking too deep or unnatural. The consistency is super smooth, and it glides on like a dream. There is absolutely no shimmer, which is probably why fair complexions can get away with using it. The staying power I'v noticed is really fantastic - if I contoured with this - I notice my blush ALWAYS fading before this bronzer. Really love this stuff, a must have for the warmer months!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

I was at first hesitant about this, but after using it a few times it has become my favorite contour. I have fairly light skin with a slight yellow undertone (nc15/20) and even though this is intended for medium/deep skin tones, it still works for me! the milk chocolate might be a better match for me, but this still works fine; just remember to use a light hand. The chocolate soleil is very fine and pigmented and smells great. The best part is that the soleil doesn't run red on me like nyxs taupe blush sometimes does (which happens when I wear foundations that lean more yellow).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 More reviews by ALEXXIS143

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have medium/tan skin tone NW35/40 MAC, TAN HONEY in Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay full coverage Foundation. I was excited to purchase this bronzer (in deep) based on great reviews on MakeupAlley, went to Sephora, swatched it, and to my disappointment it looked too ashy, barely any color picked up on my fingers. I had seen a video of a girl well of darker complexion than I am stating she loved it because it gave her a natural shadow when she applied it to her cheeks, so I decided it would be best to try it on directly on the hollows of my cheeks and I was pleasantly surprised! the color is a true brown, no red or orange undertones, matte, not shimmer at all, a natural brown shadow is exactly how I would describe it & and it definitely showed. Furthermore, a little went a looong way, I can see why some people might say it looked muddy, or dirty & its definitely possible if you apply too much, i dabb once quickly with my brush and build up from there because before you know it, you have a natural beautiful tan building up. Nothing like i have tried before. I didn't hescitate to purchase and have been using it on a daily basis since. You can do a strong contour or go very light as an everyday use & have a gorgeous natural tan effect to your skin. The smell is very subtle and it goes away almost immediately once applied & the price.. $30 but I'm sure it will take a long time to go through the entire compact being that it is very pigmented. and it lasts ALL day. Take your favorite brush and test it at Sephora for yourself, you'll be happy you did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This bronzer is INCREDIBLE!! I kept staring at myself after I put it on shocked at how real my bronzed skin looks - it really, really looks like I'm tan! I am very fair and this is not too dark on me at all! This just looks totally sun kissed and natural. Also, it goes on so unbelievably smooth for all over coverage that's not streaky or uneven at all! I can't believe how easy this is to apply. I used the Too Faced Flatbuki brush, which is also amazing, and which I also reviewed. And an added bonus: this bronzer actually smells like hershey's kisses! Hands down best bronzer EVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty good! My skin is quite pale, which I love, but I also have a baby face with almost no definition. I was scared this would turn orange on me, but it doesn't. I never used bronzer before this as I found they made my light skin look muddy. This warms up my face nicely without making it appear much darker - maybe a half of a shade, if that. Which is also why I love it! Like I mentioned, I love my pale skin but it was in desperate need of some warmth and definition. The smell is amaaaazing!! I bought this in the Beauty Blogger Darlings set from Sephora, and the small size has lasted forever! Absolutely love it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this bronzer most days and I mostly like it. The first bronzer I bought was Tarte's Park Ave Princess, which was nice but I wanted to find a matte bronzer without shimmer. After researching and reading reviews I came across Chocolate Soleil. The smell is nice, if a bit strange since it's makeup but it smells like dessert. The color works fine on my pale skin, it is easily bendable and has a nice texture. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't last too long. I work at the front desk at an office building, not grueling work, and it doesn't last a whole work day. I may try something different when it runs out, maybe a cream contouring product or one that is less brown, not sure. For now I am satisfied and it does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit:

Ok, so I changed out the lightbulbs over my vanity and it literally shed some new light on my makeup. The old lightbulbs were somehow making this bronzer look red on me, but in real life it is was a warm, chocolatey brown. When applied lightly on my NC25 skin, it looks divine! I add Smashbox highlighter or a pinky blush to the apples of my cheeks and voila, instant healthy glow. I can't believe I let some stupid lightbulbs get in the way of this fantastic product!

I'm giving this product three stars because the product itself is fabulous, but the color just isn't right for my skin. I'm fair but also very yellow and on me this shows up reddish and it isn't flattering at all. I was hoping I could use this as a quick cheek color on minimal makeup days. The texture is great and I love the amount of pigmentation, but this isn't pretty on yellow skin. Back to ulta it goes unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by devotadaniellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently got this product because I was in the market for a new bronzer. I have a medium-dark complexion and I think that it shows up pretty well on my skin. Most bronzers don't show up on me but this one does. The only problem is that this doesn't fit my undertone as perfectly as I would've liked. However, I'm not complaining because it gets the job done and it smells great. Worth the $30 though? I'm not too sure about that because I feel like there are better bronzers out there but its good overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jlowry822

I absolutely love this! Got it at Sephora, after one of the consultants demonstrated how to contour and highlight! Smell wonderful, but it makes me crave chocolate, lol.