October 25, 2014 | 1355 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using this for a little while now and love it. It's almost full coverage on me. I asked for something for dry skin that would be fuller coverage without looking cakey and dull. the rep suggested this. I am very happy with it.

It is hydrating and looks like skin. It's slightly dewy but not dewy. More like a natural skin-like finish. I have this foundation and the Mineralize liquid. I like this one more. The other one can get too dewy especially in summer.

I have heard it accentuates pores and lines but it does not on me. It lasts all day on me, today for example I was doing stuff all day outside and in and it lasted til I took it off after 12 hours. I did not see any breakthrough or wear that I do see with others, like Givenchy's. I love that foundation and looks like skin and covers well, BUT it shows serious wear after only 4 hours. That is unacceptable to me for the price it is.

I had no breakouts with this either, which is another concern people have with MAC. I have sensitive skin with rosacea and I had no problems. It doesn't feel sticky or weird either, BUT you DO have to let it dry down after applying it. DO NOT set it with powder ASAP. Wait a few minutes.

Another plus I have with this is the packaging. It is not a glass bottle. It's a tube like a CC cream and I find it much easier to use.

All in all, I would repurchase this and I am very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mackenzielovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently got this product a few days ago, and so far i am loving the finish of this foundation. I have normal to dry skin, so this looks great on me. i had heard that mac foundations tend to make you breakout, but so far it hasn't made me breakout. You do need a pretty heavy finishing powder because it is left a little wet and it does take a little time to dry but i have no problem doing my brows waiting for it to dry! It stays on ALL day... and i mean ALLLLL day. I do recommend this product to someone who doesn't want a full full coverage, just something to cover a little blemishes and make your skin look flawless and even.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by pattsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favourite MAC foundation so far! While I'm usually a bigger fan of matte foundations this one just looks so natural and beautiful.

My only issue with this is that NW15 is still just that tiniest bit too dark for my skin. I have tried diluting it with moisturiser, which works wonders for the colour, but it takes away the beautiful consistency and light-weighted feel of this product, and of course alters the finish. I wish they'd bring out an NW10. Also, like with many MAC foundations, it tends to be a bit too pink.

It generally lasts most of the day when I wear this over primer, in hotter weather it can wear off a lot faster though, and look oily. So I need to keep a powder compact around.
I apply the foundation lightly with a stippling brush most of the time. I don't really like the finish when I use a normal foundation brush, and I find that because of the thicker nature of the foundation it doesn't always spread out as well if I don't stipple.

If it weren't for the colour I probably would have given this one 5/5! The price here in Australia is a bit ridiculous too, at $52 a tube! However, you do get a decent amount (there's a lot more in there than it looks!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Annelindw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. It is moisturizing and has great coverage. I can apply it with my fingers or a flat foundation brush - works great either way.

I find it great that there's SPF in it, since I'm not the sun's best friend (redhead)... It has a sunscreen ish smell, I think, which doesn't really bother me.

One thing that I am a little upset about is the color range. I have NC15, and I can get away with wearing it and not looking weird, but still I'd need a tad lighter color tbh.

The packaging is convenient, since it takes up little space, when traveling and also you can get the amount of product that you need, because it's a tube.

4/5 because of the color range - lovely foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

I prefer the studio fluid for my combination acne prone skin, but this is an excellent choice for someone normal to dry who wants full coverage while still feeling light. I do still like this for a more natural look, not for all day wear on my skin type

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Siobhan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My 40something skin is mostly on the dry side, especially in the winter. My favorite foundations eventually start showing the flakiness and dry patches mid-winter, so I switch to this a few months of the year. Though the consistency is unusual, it is very creamy, moisturizing, and a little goes a long way. I use UD's optical blurring blush to apply for a light to medium coverage. It does nicely evening out skin tone, but you might need a concealer from more troublesome areas like dark circles. It leaves a dewy finish that is quite nice, but I set it with MAC MSF Natural due to it taking longer to set. With a primer, it usually lasts most of the day. It isn't transfer-proof, but on the other hand, it is never gets all over my collar or coat. I like a variety of foundations for their different finishes and coverages. This isn't an HG for me, but it is the best thing for me in the winter that doesn't transfer all over or accentuate my dry skin. MAC Face and Body would be my next choice for winter foundations, but that formula is more sheer. MAC has a new moisturizing foundation that might work for some, but I haven't tried it. For reference, I wear this in NW20, and my non-winter foundations include MAC Studio Fix liquid, MAC F&B, MUFE HD, Smashbox Halo liquid, or Guerlain Lingerie de Peau.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by titilayo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To be honest. I stayed away from this foundation for a while. I thought the colours were a little weird compared to the other Mac foundation. But recently I fell in love with it. Its made for people who have dry skin and want full coverage but I have Oily skin and it gives my skin a nice beautiful Glow. If you guys want to see what it looks like on my skin here's a link to my Youtube tutorial using it.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tvall

Pros:
I like the finish, love the packaging, I like the amount you get (40ml), like the natural sheer finish (yet its still medium coverage)

Cons:
It just seems to sit on my face, say after and hour of application I would wipe my finger across my face it would come right off on to my finger tip.
It doesn't entirely cover blemishes.

Its not a bad foundation at all, its just not 'wow' or holy grail material.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by muacocx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I visited my nearest M-A-C store and got advised to use this foundation as it has a satin finish and won't cake up in the dry skin that I suffer with. I have overall been really impressed with this product the pros are: how light it applies and feels, how little you have to use, the coverage(medium to high) and the density whilst it sits on the face. The cons are most definitely the smell it's like a really mild curry smell it isn't pleasant at all and another is the price id expect the packaging to be much more sophisticated and sleek like other mac products but I guess it's what on the inside that counts this is definitely one of my favourite foundations I would recommend

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really dry, sensitive skin, so one of the MA recommended this foundation for me to use. First, I love the packaging. It has a squeeze tube that allows you to dispense as little, or as much product as you want, and it keeps it sterile at the same time. This tube could last you a long time. It has a really moisturizing, creamy, thick, full coverage formula so you only need the tiniest amount or you will look like you caked it on. It seems like it would be the perfect foundation for dry skin. However, I couldn't wear this foundation for 1 day without getting at least one zit on my face. I even proved it to my sister by showing her my skin before and after I wore it. It also accentuated some of my dry spots, and I thought it looked worse than just wearing powder. I really wanted it to work, because it sounded like it was just what I was looking for, but it didn't cut it for me.