December 18, 2014 | 1698 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Moisture Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. My hair is slightly damaged and prone to tangles and breakage. When I first started using this shampoo, I was absolutely in love. It made my hair look shiny and soft, and it's sulfate free which is important as I'm highly sensitive to sulfates. However, after a few months my hair began feeling dry and brittle at the ends but abnormally greasy around the roots, and I had major frizz, which I never had before. This product was great in the beginning, but unfortunately it really damaged my hair in the end.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Lizziex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this shampoo because it doesn't fade my color! AT ALL!
So I first decided I wanted to dye my hair to level 2 neutral for a soft black/brown back in November. I dyed it and the shampoo I was using then (Lush shampoo puck) faded it back to blond almost immediately. I dyed it again the same color but have been using this shampoo and after several weeks my color has not faded at all! So Everpure is nice because of this.
But I have some complaints:
1. It doesn't lather well especially compared to the Lush shampoo puck (which is made entirely of sodium laureth sulfate so that is understandable). Its hard to spread throughout my thick hair and it doesn't feel like its getting through to every strand if that makes sense.
2. i'm pretty sure it is this product that has caused my scalp to be itchy and irritated. I thought it might be the new Aveeno conditioner I bought but after using my regular Rusk Calming conditioner its still itchy and i have some small red pimples around my hairline now as well.
3. This is probably the most drying shampoo i've ever used. It leaves my hair puffy, frizzy, and straw-like.

Definitely would not repurchase; I am sure there are better more moisturizing products out there that will keep my color from fading!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by kathyscrapper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Paula Begoun the Cosmetics cop gives this shampoo a terrible rating- a frownie face because it does contain sulfates. For a short time, all her reviews, including this shampoo, and every other conceivable beauty product are free for the reading on her website. I won a tube of this shampoo at Rite Ade in a gift basket give away or I would have never tried it for a couple reasons. At $5.99 I have other cheaper shampoos that work well and I actually have oily hair and don't really need a moisture shampoo. But I was pleasantly surprised when I used it, it left my hair feeling full and soft. I have actually repurchased it using a $2 coupon I got from L'Oreal's website plus it is only $4.99 at the Air Force Commissary. I can only use this when my hair does start feeling a little dry from the dry climate here in Idaho, hmm maybe I could smear it on my wrinkles too. Not real sure if I will repurchase because I need it so rarely, a tube lasts me forever. Pert does the same job in a travel size.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by bemyanchor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

It smells nice, but that's about it. This shampoo left my hair dry, frizzy and feeling rough, which is unusual since I have naturally smooth, silky hair. I'm sticking with my bumble & bumble creme de coco shampoo and conditioner from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by funmeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not happy with this product. It does contain sulfates, so not sure how they get away with that one. Check in the ingredients. Also, a sulfate free shampoo should not lather, that's the whole point.

Left my hair greasy, which is amazing considering I have super dry hair. I can go 7 days without a shampoo and when using this I need to shampoo ever other day. But the hair is fluffy, not smooth. Very strange.

Would like to know what Paula Cosmetic Cop says about this formula....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by keanapalmtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i didnt like the way it made my hair smell but thats personal pref. besides that after 3 uses i hated it. the shampoo did ok cleaning my scalp but the conditioner was not good for my wavy dry hair. also it contains some sulfates and i hate false advertising!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ver0nika20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works ok as a shampoo and conditioner, however I love that it is Sulfate free and the price is right. This also has to be the best smelling product I've ever used. It smells like a salon, not just like fruity or perfumy soap.

By far the best line I've ever used is Pureology but at almost $30 a piece for shampoo and conditioner, I can't always justify it. I buy the hydrating deep conditioner and use it weekly so it lasts me about 6 months for a $45 tub. With the EverPure line combined, my hair is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Debaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My go to shampoo and conditioner for several years has been color Vive from Loreal. I decided to try this because I heard that sulfate free was the way to go if you want to preserve your color. I go from brown to blonde so my hair needs more moisture than this can provide. It has the feel of an expensive salon brand with a rich lather and spa scent. The tube seems to be emptying pretty fast but I may be using too much since I get so much lather. I recently got my hair lighter with bleach and it seems to be damaged looking after I style due to either the bleaching or the shampoo. Not sure yet. There is alot to like about the shampoo but I am not a lover of the conditioner- could be more moisturinzing- maybe I'll try a different type within the line. I will definitely purchase the shampoo again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by OB2650

This is my favorite shampoo. I color my hair and it has produced better results than any other shampoo. I use the matching conditioner too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by amandadzk

I was happy to find a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning line that is available drugstores (and thus MUCH cheaper than the ones I used to have to buy in the salon).

I have a Brazilian keratin treatment and to maintain it, I have to use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner (sulfates strip the treatment out of your hair and it won't last then).

For those of you stating that it does not lather much, that's because that is how sulfate-free shampoo is...sulfates, surfactants, and salts are what makes shampoo lather.

I always thought that sulfate-free products were solely meant to compliment and/or support treatments like the keratin treatments, certain coloring jobs, etc. So they work great in conjunction with them (your hair is not frizzy and does not have flyaways then because of the treatment, your color stays brighter longer, etc).

I suspect some people who are not appreciating this product actually don't have a real need for it...That is to say that if I did NOT have a keratin treatment or a complicated dye job I would likely NOT use sulfate-free shampoo. It's a different product than a traditional shampoo and it provides a different cleaning experience - very "light" feeling and doesn't produce as super-squeaky clean feel that a traditional shampoo does.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No