L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

on 3/31/2011 12:45:00 AM

This is hands down the best drug-store brand shampoo for dry or color treated hair. I have extremely tempermental hair. It's thick, I straighten it and it's color treated. I've tried $25 dollar shampoos which left my hair like straw and then went back to drug-store brands which continued to leave my hair dry and dull. This is the only shampoo that leaves my hair shiny and like silk even after using a flat iron. It also doesn't strip the color from my hair, or at least not as fast as other shampoos. I love the smell of it and it lathers up great. I use the conditioner as well and it works just as good. I use Biolage leave in conditioner too for a little added softness. It's pricey for a drug store brand ($6-7), but still inexpensive for what you are getting.

on 3/9/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For reference, I have fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. My hair is slightly damaged and prone to tangles and breakage. When I first started using this shampoo, I was absolutely in love. It made my hair look shiny and soft, and it's sulfate free which is important as I'm highly sensitive to sulfates. However, after a few months my hair began feeling dry and brittle at the ends but abnormally greasy around the roots, and I had major frizz, which I never had before. This product was great in the beginning, but unfortunately it really damaged my hair in the end.

on 3/2/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this shampoo because it doesn't fade my color! AT ALL!
So I first decided I wanted to dye my hair to level 2 neutral for a soft black/brown back in November. I dyed it and the shampoo I was using then (Lush shampoo puck) faded it back to blond almost immediately. I dyed it again the same color but have been using this shampoo and after several weeks my color has not faded at all! So Everpure is nice because of this.
But I have some complaints:
1. It doesn't lather well especially compared to the Lush shampoo puck (which is made entirely of sodium laureth sulfate so that is understandable). Its hard to spread throughout my thick hair and it doesn't feel like its getting through to every strand if that makes sense.
2. i'm pretty sure it is this product that has caused my scalp to be itchy and irritated. I thought it might be the new Aveeno conditioner I bought but after using my regular Rusk Calming conditioner its still itchy and i have some small red pimples around my hairline now as well.
3. This is probably the most drying shampoo i've ever used. It leaves my hair puffy, frizzy, and straw-like.

Definitely would not repurchase; I am sure there are better more moisturizing products out there that will keep my color from fading!

Paula Begoun the Cosmetics cop gives this shampoo a terrible rating- a frownie face because it does contain sulfates. For a short time, all her reviews, including this shampoo, and every other conceivable beauty product are free for the reading on her website. I won a tube of this shampoo at Rite Ade in a gift basket give away or I would have never tried it for a couple reasons. At $5.99 I have other cheaper shampoos that work well and I actually have oily hair and don't really need a moisture shampoo. But I was pleasantly surprised when I used it, it left my hair feeling full and soft. I have actually repurchased it using a $2 coupon I got from L'Oreal's website plus it is only $4.99 at the Air Force Commissary. I can only use this when my hair does start feeling a little dry from the dry climate here in Idaho, hmm maybe I could smear it on my wrinkles too. Not real sure if I will repurchase because I need it so rarely, a tube lasts me forever. Pert does the same job in a travel size.

on 12/31/2010 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It smells nice, but that's about it. This shampoo left my hair dry, frizzy and feeling rough, which is unusual since I have naturally smooth, silky hair. I'm sticking with my bumble & bumble creme de coco shampoo and conditioner from now on.

on 12/15/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not happy with this product. It does contain sulfates, so not sure how they get away with that one. Check in the ingredients. Also, a sulfate free shampoo should not lather, that's the whole point.

Left my hair greasy, which is amazing considering I have super dry hair. I can go 7 days without a shampoo and when using this I need to shampoo ever other day. But the hair is fluffy, not smooth. Very strange.

Would like to know what Paula Cosmetic Cop says about this formula....

on 11/30/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i didnt like the way it made my hair smell but thats personal pref. besides that after 3 uses i hated it. the shampoo did ok cleaning my scalp but the conditioner was not good for my wavy dry hair. also it contains some sulfates and i hate false advertising!

on 11/30/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works ok as a shampoo and conditioner, however I love that it is Sulfate free and the price is right. This also has to be the best smelling product I've ever used. It smells like a salon, not just like fruity or perfumy soap.

By far the best line I've ever used is Pureology but at almost $30 a piece for shampoo and conditioner, I can't always justify it. I buy the hydrating deep conditioner and use it weekly so it lasts me about 6 months for a $45 tub. With the EverPure line combined, my hair is good.

on 11/26/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My go to shampoo and conditioner for several years has been color Vive from Loreal. I decided to try this because I heard that sulfate free was the way to go if you want to preserve your color. I go from brown to blonde so my hair needs more moisture than this can provide. It has the feel of an expensive salon brand with a rich lather and spa scent. The tube seems to be emptying pretty fast but I may be using too much since I get so much lather. I recently got my hair lighter with bleach and it seems to be damaged looking after I style due to either the bleaching or the shampoo. Not sure yet. There is alot to like about the shampoo but I am not a lover of the conditioner- could be more moisturinzing- maybe I'll try a different type within the line. I will definitely purchase the shampoo again.

on 11/6/2010 6:09:00 PM

This is my favorite shampoo. I color my hair and it has produced better results than any other shampoo. I use the matching conditioner too.