L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

First, I DON'T have color-treated hair and this product still works really great. I actually prefer using products for colored hair because they seem to make my hair shinier and even more moisturized, as well as have less harsh chemicals, since colored hair usually is more fragile and must maintain the color to avoid excessive damage.

I have long, fine, straight hair (lots of it though) but I still like this over volumizing shampoos that strip everything from my hair and cause it to get greasier quicker. This smells wonderful, comes with a lot of product, is easily attainable and not overpriced, and worth the 7-8 dollars. It also lathers really nice too even though it's sulfate-free, and is a pretty gentle shampoo if you're afraid of the words moisturizing shampoo, and like me go for volumizing ones.

Overall I like this a lot and would recommend it to many people :) It's not an HG by any means but I really don't look for HG shampoos, just ones that keep my scalp healthy and not dry or greasy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been buying expensive salon shampoos and conditioners forever and I have been highlighting my hair (professionally) for many, many years. My hair needs tons of moisturizing to stay healthy - and I wash and condition every day. This shampoo and conditioner by L'Oreal are the BEST I've ever used - salon or drugstore brand. They provide amazing moisture. I even bought the moisturizing deep conditioner that I've seen only ONCE in any store and use that one to two times a week and that is AMAZING as well....

I highly recommend this line of shampoo/conditioners... I hope L'Oreal never discontinues it...!!!!

this looked like a promising product at first so i was willing to spring for the more expensive price than im used too, and at first it actually did the job. my hair felt great and soft and clean. but after many more uses it made my hair horribly dry and brittle giving me mor split ends than i've had in my life! plus my roots feel greasy and there's always residue left on my hair, on my hair which is usually flexible won't style at all!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought this shampoo and conditioner today. I LOVE IT. My old shampoo just wasn't doing the job anymore, and after bleaching my hair awhile ago, my hair is still dry and brittle. My hair has never been this soft before. It smells amazing, and does a fantastic job on making my hair look less like straw and more silky and smooth.

This is hands down the best drug-store brand shampoo for dry or color treated hair. I have extremely tempermental hair. It's thick, I straighten it and it's color treated. I've tried $25 dollar shampoos which left my hair like straw and then went back to drug-store brands which continued to leave my hair dry and dull. This is the only shampoo that leaves my hair shiny and like silk even after using a flat iron. It also doesn't strip the color from my hair, or at least not as fast as other shampoos. I love the smell of it and it lathers up great. I use the conditioner as well and it works just as good. I use Biolage leave in conditioner too for a little added softness. It's pricey for a drug store brand ($6-7), but still inexpensive for what you are getting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For reference, I have fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. My hair is slightly damaged and prone to tangles and breakage. When I first started using this shampoo, I was absolutely in love. It made my hair look shiny and soft, and it's sulfate free which is important as I'm highly sensitive to sulfates. However, after a few months my hair began feeling dry and brittle at the ends but abnormally greasy around the roots, and I had major frizz, which I never had before. This product was great in the beginning, but unfortunately it really damaged my hair in the end.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this shampoo because it doesn't fade my color! AT ALL!
So I first decided I wanted to dye my hair to level 2 neutral for a soft black/brown back in November. I dyed it and the shampoo I was using then (Lush shampoo puck) faded it back to blond almost immediately. I dyed it again the same color but have been using this shampoo and after several weeks my color has not faded at all! So Everpure is nice because of this.
But I have some complaints:
1. It doesn't lather well especially compared to the Lush shampoo puck (which is made entirely of sodium laureth sulfate so that is understandable). Its hard to spread throughout my thick hair and it doesn't feel like its getting through to every strand if that makes sense.
2. i'm pretty sure it is this product that has caused my scalp to be itchy and irritated. I thought it might be the new Aveeno conditioner I bought but after using my regular Rusk Calming conditioner its still itchy and i have some small red pimples around my hairline now as well.
3. This is probably the most drying shampoo i've ever used. It leaves my hair puffy, frizzy, and straw-like.

Definitely would not repurchase; I am sure there are better more moisturizing products out there that will keep my color from fading!

Paula Begoun the Cosmetics cop gives this shampoo a terrible rating- a frownie face because it does contain sulfates. For a short time, all her reviews, including this shampoo, and every other conceivable beauty product are free for the reading on her website. I won a tube of this shampoo at Rite Ade in a gift basket give away or I would have never tried it for a couple reasons. At $5.99 I have other cheaper shampoos that work well and I actually have oily hair and don't really need a moisture shampoo. But I was pleasantly surprised when I used it, it left my hair feeling full and soft. I have actually repurchased it using a $2 coupon I got from L'Oreal's website plus it is only $4.99 at the Air Force Commissary. I can only use this when my hair does start feeling a little dry from the dry climate here in Idaho, hmm maybe I could smear it on my wrinkles too. Not real sure if I will repurchase because I need it so rarely, a tube lasts me forever. Pert does the same job in a travel size.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It smells nice, but that's about it. This shampoo left my hair dry, frizzy and feeling rough, which is unusual since I have naturally smooth, silky hair. I'm sticking with my bumble & bumble creme de coco shampoo and conditioner from now on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not happy with this product. It does contain sulfates, so not sure how they get away with that one. Check in the ingredients. Also, a sulfate free shampoo should not lather, that's the whole point.

Left my hair greasy, which is amazing considering I have super dry hair. I can go 7 days without a shampoo and when using this I need to shampoo ever other day. But the hair is fluffy, not smooth. Very strange.

Would like to know what Paula Cosmetic Cop says about this formula....