December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by catherinesophia

This is the perfect color for doing french manicures. I use this with over french tips (blanc) and I am very pleased with the color. I recently bough the Chanel nailpolish Ballerina, and it puts Mademoiselle to shame. This polish is ok, but Ballerina goes on much better with no streaks. Sorry Essie, but you can't compete with chanel polishes; they are the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought Essie's Mademoiselle at Walmart for $7.75 because my old translucent pink had gone bad. I have to say that I LOVE this polish and that I will never use anything else for French Manicures again! It's exactly what I wanted it to look like (I included a pic with my review, at the top of the page).

I did notice that of the 6 or so bottles of Mademoiselle, there was a noticeable color variation between them. There were a couple that had a stronger pink tone to them and a couple that were a paler pink. I'm not sure which version is the true Mademoiselle. I chose the Pale Pink because I originally wanted to try Ballet Slippers but they were sold out. I didn't like the darker pink to be honest (I tested a dot of both on my nail before I bought one)... I have noticed the same issue with other colors from Essie before. It's something they definitely need to work on... (1 out of 5 for packaging).

I gave this polish a 5 out of 5 because the results were perfect, but the 2 distinctly different colors under the same name does bother me. I wouldn't have bought it if the stronger pink tone was the only option.

Anyways, this polish went on smooth and translucent. I hate Essie's thin brushes, but I didn't have a problem with streakiness or spotting with this one at all. If you want an opaque pink THIS IS NOT IT. You would probably need to apply 5 coats... It would be beautiful as an alternative to a clear coat, and it's absolutely perfect for a understated and classic French manicure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I adore this translucent pink because it makes my nails look healthier and shiny. It does look like you've put on clear nail polish and for me, it's a tad lighter than my actual nail colour. I got this while I was in the US, so it was relatively cheap compared to what ridiculous prices we have in Australia (around AUD$20 I think from Myer. I could get cheaper Essie nail polishes from a wholesaler but they ran out of this colour). This is perhaps one of my favourite nail polishes, along with Chanel's Rouge Noir. (Can you imagine? The demure Essie Mademoiselle sitting next to the seductive and vampish Rouge Noir...)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dbfivegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first Essie experience and I loved it. Such an easy pale pink to apply. No bare patches or streaking. It will become a standard. I paid AUS$20 (about US$22) for it here but after liking it so much I ordered 15 different Essie polishes online from the US and even with ridiculous postage costs it still only cost me AUS$9 per bottle. So will buy again but online from the US and not locally. The rating for price that I've given reflects the retail price here in Australia. OPI is also AUS$20 a bottle here so polish is generally more expensive here than in US. I'm still experimenting with the best base and top coats but so far wear has been about 3 or 4 days but that was with either Revital or Sally Hansen treatment as base coats. Will experiment with some purpose made base coats to see if I can extend wear time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by vloterbiegje

This is absolutely not what I had expected. I went to the store and on an impulse bought this nailpolish, knowing that Essie has such nice, often unique shades of colour. I picked it out from about ten shades that were very close, based only on the plastic 'swatch' that the sales rack provides. On that swatch the colour was exactly like the colour in the pot. Unfortunately, on my nails it turns out almost completely transparent, even after several layers. I wish I had done my internet research before picking out a 10 shade that looks like any cheap transparent polish. The only thing that kept me from giving this product the lowest rating, is the fact that the consistency of the polish is really nice to work with and I also like the wide brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice soft neutral nail color. A step above your basic clear coat, as it is very sheer. Good staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by sourcow

What is up with people's reviews on this polish. It's almost exactly like a top coat. It gives a glossy finish with the TINIEST hint of pink. Yeah, my nails look darn healthy but it's the same look I could get from a buffing brush or a top coat. I'd like something with a little more color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I was looking for the perfect sheer, in all my years of wearing nail polish I have never found such a thing. This was another fail. It looks so purple on my nails and makes my hands look sickly. The quest continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Jgomez1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is some what of a french manicure pink, if you actually want the opaqueness not your luck. this is a sheer product but it goes on fairly smooth. it gives out a jelly finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish. Probably one of the only nail polishes I will finish in my lifetime. I always go back to this. I get so many compliments when I wear it! People always think I have beautiful gel nails on or my nails are super healthy. Love the jelly like finish and its super shiny. The only thing I have a problem is that it chips a little faster than my Sally Hansen Xtreme wear polishes but thats ok. At least people cant really tell when it chips.