Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After being SO disappointed by Essie's 'ballet slipper' I decided to grab a bottle of this at Target. It did after all have an 'editors pick' sticker underneath it :D

And I am OVER THE MOON with this polish. It is a VERY sheer pink that makes your nails look so much healthier and looking less like you hit each one with a hammer. I have a lot of little white specks on my nails and this polish fades them and makes them less noticeable. I do dance and gymnastics so my nails always have those little specs on them.

Be warned however, what you see in the bottle is not what you get on your nails. Like I said before, it is VERY sheer, so if you aren't into that try a more opaque pink from the line :)

I've only been wearing it for around an hour so I can't really say anything for lasting power and chipping but so far I enjoy it quite a bit. FIVE LIPPIES.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This nailpolish is just plain transparent. I didn't see any pink, white, or just any color at all! I thought this would be a good nailpolish for a french manicure, but really it is colorless :(.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Easy to use - gives you a great, pink and polished nail. No streaks for me. Very sheer - I use this on my fingernails with one coat to even out my nail bed, two for a bit more opacity but it still is sheer. Nothing eye-popping or dramatic, but classy and clean. Will always be a staple in my stash!

On my NC 25 skin it was like a shiny clear polish... You need 4 coats if you want a light pinkish color... will not buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think everything about this polish has already been said. It's a sheer (very sheer) milky pink with a blue undertone. This was used by a manicurist when he did a french manicure on me and I knew I had to have it. It is just sheer enough to paint over the white tips without making them look pink. This is a staple polish for me for french manicures. I'm almost done with my first bottle, and will repurchase. The reason I gave it 4/5 is for the obvious fact that this color is time consuming to build up. If you want that opaque color you will need at least 3 coats, granted it looks very pretty when you do.

Barely noticeable. Run of the mill sheer pink shade. May as well buy Sally Hansen Hard as Nails sheer pink in that fun vintagey bottle. Looks exactly the same.

this is a nice, paler alternative to my usual favorite ballet slippers. One coat appears useless, and the second/third coat is where the magic is. I did like 3 coats on top of white tips on natural nails. It looks nice on it's own. I would rather use something with more color.. this takes too many coats to have a purpose

Nice colour in the bottle, but goes on very sheer and tends to streak. Also too light for my skin tone. Meh.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just started painting my nails after a several-year hiatus -- I'm usually much too lazy, but I need to stop some bad habits and having pretty nails is a deterrent. So keep in mind that I'm not particularly skilled at applying nail polish.

I tried two other Essie pinks, True Love and BBF (technically a "mauve" but still quite pink). Then I tried Mademoiselle, but was skeptical due to all the hype.

I love it. It's totally worth the hype. Well, not if you want opaque color... it took four (very thin) coats for me to get a semi-opaque color, which to me means opaque except for VNL. But I've found it almost impossible to find a pale pink that doesn't make my warm tan skin look dirty; most of them are cool/blue-toned. Mademoiselle is so clean and pretty. It does apply streaky if you don't do it right, but I've found that to be true of all nail polish. I'm not very good at it, and I have perfect, even nails right now.

Also, weirdly enough, I remember trying OPI Bubble Bath a long time ago and thinking the color didn't live up to the adorable name. This one does!

Love Essie nail polish but this one I could do without. I know its a classic and i guess if you are looking for something basically clear it's good. You get a just polished nice look but that's IT. If I am going through all the work of a manicure I just want something a teeny bit darker. Does not look like what you see in bottle. Yes, its a clean look but like another post said, you could probably get the same look with buffing your own nails. Just OK for me but I returned mine and will stick with Ballet Slippers or OPI's Bubble Bath for a tad more color. I do love Essie though, just not this one.

Top Rated Essie Products