April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I was looking for the perfect sheer, in all my years of wearing nail polish I have never found such a thing. This was another fail. It looks so purple on my nails and makes my hands look sickly. The quest continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Jgomez1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is some what of a french manicure pink, if you actually want the opaqueness not your luck. this is a sheer product but it goes on fairly smooth. it gives out a jelly finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish. Probably one of the only nail polishes I will finish in my lifetime. I always go back to this. I get so many compliments when I wear it! People always think I have beautiful gel nails on or my nails are super healthy. Love the jelly like finish and its super shiny. The only thing I have a problem is that it chips a little faster than my Sally Hansen Xtreme wear polishes but thats ok. At least people cant really tell when it chips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wanted a little more color, wore too white once layered and too nude with only 1-2. Pretty in bottle. Maybe try a better shade next time, will see how it holds tho.Edit:is holding up pretty well, maybe just try a solid color next time.

Edit:holds up very well. After 1 week only 3 out of the 5 nails have chipped and its a millimeter or less at the base. That is without topcoat,basecoat, just acetone and two coats. Holds up very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by CintiGrl42

Wanted to love it, as it is quite polished and shiny. But ew, the lavender tones make me look dead. Or deprived of oxygen. Or something. Still on the hunt for a true "manicure in a bottle."

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Audrey8728

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite Essie polish. It's sophisticated, clean, and beautifully natural looking. The only issue is that I have to apply 3 coats to actually see it on my skin tone and it doesnt wear too well over the Essie Protein Base Coat- after a couple of days the color fades. I gave the packaging quality 4 lippies because the brush is a bit too thin. I have bought at least 5 bottles of this in the last 2 years. My nail salon has it, but i love owning a bottle to give myself manicures in between salon visits. Overall, beautiful color, great texture, and not overly expensive for a NYC girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by booksfromlisa

I've always had short fingernails that break easily, but I still want my hands to look "finished". I LOVE this polish! The color is very, very slightly pink which is perfect. I put on two coats and a shiny top coat and even my short nails look great. I highly recommend this color as well as the Sugar Daddy which is a little bit darker pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Cjm239

This color doesn't cover my natural nail color. I was very disappointed. I even applied like 4 or more coats and you can still see my nails. Then it was all Sticky and peeling off!! Yuck! I usually love Essie but this color was def not a good choice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first foray into Essie. I am very impressed with the polish. I like the chic little bottle and the slim brush. The polish is a nice thin consistency. I also like the very subtle sparkles (VERY, as in you can barely see them with the naked eye, but it adds some depth and interest). I have warm-toned skin and to me, this shade was just slightly too cool. I also feel that while it may work great for a French manicure (the traditional use of this color), it was not as opaque as I was hoping from the display in the store. Even with 4 coats, I could still see my yellowy nail tips underneath. So I would probably buy a slightly different (warmer) shade next time. Overall, however, I was greatly impressed with its ease of application, rapid drying time (because it's not thick or gloppy) and wear - it lasted several days without chipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by allisonisbored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this shade. I'm a neurotic nail-biter and thus never spend money on manicures, but Mademoiselle makes me look like I've dropped $25 on a French mani (without the tips, which I think are tacky anyway). What everyone else has said is true - it's sheer, but makes your nails look healthy, glossy, and just a little pinker than usual. It looks good against all outfits, warm and cool tones alike. I got my first bottle free in an award show swag bag and ended up buying a second one a few months later. Totally worth it.