April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really sheer foundation. I don't see any difference as a finishing powder. While there's nothing objectionable about the product, I don't see myself re-buying because I feel like it was a waste of money. Nothing really happened.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

i use this as a powder on top of my foundation. it does its job well of keeping the oiliness of my skin at bay without altering the color of my foundation. color stays true. ive been using it daily for 9 months and it hasnt broken me out. its pricey tho, but a little goes a long way. im only half way through mine.
it doesnt work well as a foundation for me. the coverage is sheer and staying power is low. but i love this as a powder.
i kept the plastic lid inside the compact to keep the thin sponge separate from the powder. i just think its more sanitary and lessens product wastage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very silky powder. When used with powder brush goes on smothly and evenly. Scent is pleasant. It does not cover imperfections (I only used it dry), but probably neither of compacts do. Overall very nice powder, pricy but good quality.
I use it almost every day for work. Quick and easy and provides decent coverage for that. Will not work if you need full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation powder gives great coverage with a nice smooth finish, but my biggest complaint is that it does not control shine for very long. I love this in the summertime as it gives great coverage but is lightweight. I apply it wet in the morning but I have to keep touching it up with the dry puff frequently. I've found that oil blotting papers work great hence I don't use too much of this product, because when applied wet it doesn't last as long.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by iispok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried using it as foundation with the wet sponge but it just doesn't do the full coverage for me (thus a 4 instead of a 5 for me). I now use it as power after using my BB cream. It does a wonderful job! It gives me the full, even coverage I need...which is why I already bought my second one! Don't see any problems with it and the scent doesn't bother me at all as it does for some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I HATE the smell. If I take this up to my nose and take a big whiff, I literally feel nauseous for 15 minutes. But once you put it on your face, it's not as strong and after waiting a couple minutes, you don't notice the scent and it goes away. That being said, I don't know if it's worth putting up with the smell, but the results are beautiful.
THIS DOES NOT CAKE. Never, ever. It leaves my face looking shine-free, natural, and even, but doesn't look like powder at all. It just looks like skin. It stays on the entire day, and you get a lot of product for your money (19 g./0.67 oz.! The MUF Duo Mat is 0.35 oz. and most other powder foundations are around the same, so you're getting almost twice the amount of product). The shade Wheat II is a perfect color match for my Asian NC30 skin. Love the product, hate the smell. If you can tolerate the scent, go pick it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by veraszcz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a few months and it is a really good powder and I get compliments on my skin all the time! It never gives me breaks outs and it smells good:) It has light coverage so if you're looking for the effect of liquid foundation I wouldn't recommend it, although I find that when I put more of it on my face the coverage is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by 2knaer1a

This is a good powder foundation that covers up really nicely without anything else on my face, it hids the blood vessels on my eyelids as well as the redness around my nose, it doesn't do an amazing job at covering the redness on my cheeks but it's just a face powder so that doesn't bother me. The scent is very strong so that is one thing I don't like about it, whenever I where this I skip perfume because the scent from this product is already so strong, I know there is an unscented version but sadly it is not sold in Canada, If I were to go to the states one day I will be picking it up, but for now I probably won't be repurchasing this because it is also very pricy at $50 CAD, and also one more thing I don't about this product is the packaging, it comes with a sponge and a puff, the puff fits perfectly into the compact, but i prefer sponges over puffs, the sponge kind of fits but sometimes the compact won't close because of the sponge which is a huge concern for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this. I have it in Matte Pearl I. I use this instead of foundation because I have pretty good skin to begin with. I wouldn't say it gives great coverage. This just gives a nice finish that isn't powdery. After applying concealer and mist spray, I pat this on over my face and it gives a sheer finished look that still manages to be "dewy."

Sometimes when I've pulled an all-nighter and my skin is blotchy, this product covers up the redness well. So skin-like. I don't like the ingredients, but since I don't use too much of it and it doesn't break me out, this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation and I set this with the Dual Finish. It works great.

The packaging is a bit bulky to carry around..but other than that it is a great foundation!

I really like this!! Give it a try!