July 31, 2014 | 1885 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Dual Finish Sable to "contour" cheeks, nose and jawline. Looks totally natural and really does the trick. The powder formula is lightweight, does not cake, and is very easy to blend. No problem with it settling or emphasizing fine lines, it blends nicely. The contour effect is excellent and powder application lasts.
I use Dual Finish Sable to contour after I apply my favorite foundation, Lancome Teint Miracle. To apply powder for contour I use Precision Cheek Brush #7.
I set with Lancome Ageless Minerale using a powder brush.

NOTE: My skin tone is fair. Dual Finish in Sable is good for contouring only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing Dual Finish for 30 years. I loved it so much I have never seen reason to stray from it. I always use this as a dusting finish powder over my foundation. I wear BE Mineral Foundation now and still use this instead of the BE Mineral Veil. It always makes my finished makeup look similiar to airbrushed. I use it for a touch up if I am going somewhere for the evening too. It is the HG powder for me and matches my skintone perfectly as Matte Buff II, I am quite fair complected and that is a feat in itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by simpletheory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

on an everyday basis, i either wear no face makeup or BB cream and i've noticed that by the end of the day, my T-zone is SUPER oily! i bought this for that reason, and i do see a difference. at the time, my lancome counter was having gift with purchase so i thought that justifies the price a bit for me. plus i grew up watching my mom use this so i figured it would work for me too!

PROs:
- versatile! you can use it wet/dry to achieve different levels of coverage and finishes
- comes with puff and sponge
CONs:
- puff sits on top of product (i just kept the plastic that comes with it inside)
- scent (doesn't bother me but i know it will bother some people)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder! Although I do NOT use it wet...always dry! It sets nicely and never looks cakey. I am VERY very pale and bought matte pearl 1 ..the lightest shade with neutral undertones.

There is a light scent in this powder, the traditional lancome rosey scent is used...I dont mind it at all and it after you use the foundation the scent dissipates after about 20 mins.

I havent experienced clogged pores or anything. The compact is very pretty and easily fits in my purse! The bad side is that its very expensive for a powder, although it does last me a long time (months and months). I also wish that they had more colors available in the fragrance free version.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really sheer foundation. I don't see any difference as a finishing powder. While there's nothing objectionable about the product, I don't see myself re-buying because I feel like it was a waste of money. Nothing really happened.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

i use this as a powder on top of my foundation. it does its job well of keeping the oiliness of my skin at bay without altering the color of my foundation. color stays true. ive been using it daily for 9 months and it hasnt broken me out. its pricey tho, but a little goes a long way. im only half way through mine.
it doesnt work well as a foundation for me. the coverage is sheer and staying power is low. but i love this as a powder.
i kept the plastic lid inside the compact to keep the thin sponge separate from the powder. i just think its more sanitary and lessens product wastage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very silky powder. When used with powder brush goes on smothly and evenly. Scent is pleasant. It does not cover imperfections (I only used it dry), but probably neither of compacts do. Overall very nice powder, pricy but good quality.
I use it almost every day for work. Quick and easy and provides decent coverage for that. Will not work if you need full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation powder gives great coverage with a nice smooth finish, but my biggest complaint is that it does not control shine for very long. I love this in the summertime as it gives great coverage but is lightweight. I apply it wet in the morning but I have to keep touching it up with the dry puff frequently. I've found that oil blotting papers work great hence I don't use too much of this product, because when applied wet it doesn't last as long.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by iispok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried using it as foundation with the wet sponge but it just doesn't do the full coverage for me (thus a 4 instead of a 5 for me). I now use it as power after using my BB cream. It does a wonderful job! It gives me the full, even coverage I need...which is why I already bought my second one! Don't see any problems with it and the scent doesn't bother me at all as it does for some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I HATE the smell. If I take this up to my nose and take a big whiff, I literally feel nauseous for 15 minutes. But once you put it on your face, it's not as strong and after waiting a couple minutes, you don't notice the scent and it goes away. That being said, I don't know if it's worth putting up with the smell, but the results are beautiful.
THIS DOES NOT CAKE. Never, ever. It leaves my face looking shine-free, natural, and even, but doesn't look like powder at all. It just looks like skin. It stays on the entire day, and you get a lot of product for your money (19 g./0.67 oz.! The MUF Duo Mat is 0.35 oz. and most other powder foundations are around the same, so you're getting almost twice the amount of product). The shade Wheat II is a perfect color match for my Asian NC30 skin. Love the product, hate the smell. If you can tolerate the scent, go pick it up!