August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Mimiacid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Like a Vermeer painting, this Lily of the Valley is not realistic but hyper-real, and therefore all the more beautiful and poignant. The essence of spring and youth, forever captured in a bottle.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

This is such a sophisticated lily of the valley scent! It makes me feel so innocent and elegant. Which of course, I'm not IRL. Giggle. :)
It's sooo light and airy, I love to wear it in spring and summer. On very hot days I refresh myself with my purse spray: pure bliss. I'll never be without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Debeh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing Diorissimo for over 20 years, and it remains my most favorite scent ... it's simply perfect. If you are at all attracted by the scent of lily-of-the-valley, you must try this! It's clean, fresh, delicate, and elegant, all at the same time. I wish it lasted longer and was a bit easier to find, but I'd walk many miles to buy a bottle, and would continue to wear it even if I had to reapply every 5 mins, because it's that wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by siameselouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lily of the valley is my favorite floral scent in the whole world, so I love this perfume! I can't stop sniffing my wrist when wearing it--it conjures up images of classically elegant, well-dressed ladies having a springtime dinner party at dusk. The scent isn't too overpoweringly floral or cloying, though--just a bouquet of damp, freshly picked LOTV. I will always love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JaleR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reference lily-of-the valley- fragrance. Always beautiful, like spring in a bottle. Much better than the "Caron Muguet de Bonheur" which was inspired by the same idea, but does not manage to bring it across as perfectly as Diorissimo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I can only agree with the vast majority here.. this is a classical perfume, in the sense that it will never go out of fashion - not only for "classical" ladies, but for every woman who feels feminine, elegant and joyful.
To me, this is the perfume of joy.
Being muguet (lily of the valley) one of my (ever) favourites flowers, and its' so rare to find it nowadays in the fields, it reminds me of my childhood when it was a feast if you found some of these marvellous little white fowers in the countryside. As I always loved the flower, I will always love a fragrance that is the mirror of the flower itself.
In addition this is the favourite perfume of my mother (that I adore, too!) and smelling it, it always brings her back in the same room I am.
I love Diorissimo!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Diorissimo is the quintessential ode to Lily of the Valley and has, perhaps, a touch of Sweet Pea. I was surprised to learn from Luca Turin in his "Perfumes: The Guide" that all lily of the valley fragrances are reconstructions since no extractions from the flower are possible. Which makes me admire Diorissimo even more as it impeccably replicates the heady scent of lily of the valley. Diorissimo is a beautiful, elegant fragrance and would well suit someone who enjoys a velvety, rich white floral.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by AnlisaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this Lily of the Valley scent!!!! My only complaint is that it doesn't last to long on me. It is probably my chemistry. Very vintage smelling to me but truly feminine and not old lady at all. Dior does it again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Aprial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love its lingering Jasmine smell! Unfortunately, my kitty knocked it off the counter, it broke into pieces..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG. This does not work on me at all. Mothballs, plastic, nail polish remover. It goes horribly wrong on me. (sniffle)