July 30, 2014 | 1951 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by brohay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i tryed this powder after the rave reviews i heard i use this powder over my minerilized satainfinsh mac foundation and it is amazing! makes my make up stay on all day and its so silky n smooth lovely buy and lovely price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by hannahbanana434

love this stuff! it makes me look flawless and matte. its a great and cheap translucent powder for everyday wear. it'd definitely buy this product again

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

the powder was ok but then the packaging sucked. so i just threw it away after a few tries. i couldnt stand the packaging. the packaging is terrible. it leaks everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by itsalisarawr

This stuff was amazing when i first bought it. it was cheap and because i bought it in translucent, i didn't have to worry about it not matching my skin tone perfectly and grossing up my face. and it was perfect for soaking up oil, it just took all the shine away. that being said, i can't stand using this powder anymore. i bought this a total of two or three times until i realized it was breaking me out horribly. i would wake up in the morning with decent skin (decent for me) with some regular bumps around my nose and chin that had no heads. just red bumps that i knew would go away eventually with my medication. i put on this powder with the rest of my makeup and i realized that as the day went on, i got more and more acne on my face in places i knew i didn't have anything before. they were always really obvious whiteheads that got worse and more painful as the day went on. i changed my foundation to a more skinfriendly one which works awesome but it didn't help this problem. now i realize it's this powder, because whenever i don't wear it, i never break out during the day.

so final words. it's a good powder if you're not acne-prone. if you are, it's definitely worth a try, but be a little weary of it....because it can definitely cause you some problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by cheerbabe1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omggg, i love this all-around, just not good for traveling, the top does not screw on and it will get everywhere is you shook it around, i just tape the sides down . good to just apply all over the face to soak up oil .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Naughalty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For every powder I have tried I can not rate this one high enough, it glides on the skin beautifully and being translucent it doesn't change my skin colour after foundation by making it darker nor lighter which is a pleasent benefit. It keeps my foundation matte and on for the day without any difficulty, I find that I do not have any issues concerning having to apply my powder or foundation again throughout the day. Definitely a staple product within my makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by BakeCupcakesNotWar

This is a good finishing powder to set your liquid foundation. I use the translucent color and feel it does a good job of setting my foundation. I tap off the excess product with my brush and apply. I've used various brushes with this product, and they've all worked just fine. It's super cheap and pretty easy to find, which is always a bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It is very inexpensive. I put it on after i finish all my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i decided it was time i bought a loose translucent setting powder and so i did. i don't have many bad things to say except that i prefer translucent powders with a teeny tiny bit of shimmer as i feel it just makes my face more glowey. however, i like this product enough that i plan to use it, and it will last me a long time. the sponge it comes with is, in my opinion, garbage. you could probably use a powder puff, but i prefer using a big powder brush and it very lightly applies it and any more than that i begin to look a bit chalky. it mattifies decently and sets my concealer well (i do not wear foundation) however sometimes i find it feels a little too dry on my skin. still, i am happy with this purchase and might buy the pressed powder for travelling.
the only problem with the packaging is the sifter is a bit too big, and some powder kind of puffs out when you open on close the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by makemeupchic

I usually don't buy a lot of drugstore makeup because I don't like the fact that I can't test it out in the store but I needed a translucent powder asap. I got this product and used it for the first time the other day and I must say that I really like it. I like how it helps my makeup stay in place, didn't make me oily and most important of all, it didn't make me break out. I don't really mind the packaging...if too much powder comes out of the jar, I just use what is on the cover and pour the rest back in. I didn't have a problem with it settling into lines or making me look ghostly white. I think it is all with the way you apply it. Definitely have a soft hand when applying this. Remember, you can always add if you need to but it is more difficult to remove what you already have done.