New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/28/2011 10:36:00 PM

Well to begin with i feel this powder leaves my skin looking ghostish no big deal it goes away within the first 15 mins
as far as oil controls goes its not that great and i have super oily skin >< so its nothing amazing
would i buy this product again? probably not, i prefer my ELF's HD transculent powder

on 6/8/2011 1:55:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's sucks up shine like nobody's business. I have oily skin & I use CG AquaSmooth makeup every so often; this powder works well over both my bare skin and the makeup. No blotchies, no cake, and if I wanted to, I could pile it on and there would be no visible colour change. I don't use the sponge that came with it - instead, my mini-kabuki works super awesome with it. I give it the BE treatment: pour a bit, swirl, tap, buff, smile!

The packaging can be a turn-off for some, but I left the majority of the protective sticker on it, and then covered all but half of one hole. I travel with this pretty much all the time, and this is the easiest way to keep it from spilling all over. It might make your makeup bag look a little bulky, but if you're like me and only travel with eye-liner and this, you should be fine.

My skin is prone to break-outs & rashes, but this doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I wouldn't, however, leave it on overnight - as light as it is, and as awesome as your skin looks with it on, it is still makeup and needs to be washed off! Fortunately, it also washes off quite easily :)

I would recommend this, especially if you have skin that gradually becomes oily through-out the day, like mine. It's cheap and there's a ton, and it doesn't have any weird smells or huge chunks. You won't be disappointed!

on 6/8/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great cheap powder, packaging is awful, but what do you expect for this price. Bought this after looking everywhere for Coty in the UK and failing to find it.

on 5/8/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i tryed this powder after the rave reviews i heard i use this powder over my minerilized satainfinsh mac foundation and it is amazing! makes my make up stay on all day and its so silky n smooth lovely buy and lovely price!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

love this stuff! it makes me look flawless and matte. its a great and cheap translucent powder for everyday wear. it'd definitely buy this product again

on 4/15/2011 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

the powder was ok but then the packaging sucked. so i just threw it away after a few tries. i couldnt stand the packaging. the packaging is terrible. it leaks everywhere.

on 4/11/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff was amazing when i first bought it. it was cheap and because i bought it in translucent, i didn't have to worry about it not matching my skin tone perfectly and grossing up my face. and it was perfect for soaking up oil, it just took all the shine away. that being said, i can't stand using this powder anymore. i bought this a total of two or three times until i realized it was breaking me out horribly. i would wake up in the morning with decent skin (decent for me) with some regular bumps around my nose and chin that had no heads. just red bumps that i knew would go away eventually with my medication. i put on this powder with the rest of my makeup and i realized that as the day went on, i got more and more acne on my face in places i knew i didn't have anything before. they were always really obvious whiteheads that got worse and more painful as the day went on. i changed my foundation to a more skinfriendly one which works awesome but it didn't help this problem. now i realize it's this powder, because whenever i don't wear it, i never break out during the day.

so final words. it's a good powder if you're not acne-prone. if you are, it's definitely worth a try, but be a little weary of it....because it can definitely cause you some problems.

on 4/4/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

omggg, i love this all-around, just not good for traveling, the top does not screw on and it will get everywhere is you shook it around, i just tape the sides down . good to just apply all over the face to soak up oil .

on 1/23/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

For every powder I have tried I can not rate this one high enough, it glides on the skin beautifully and being translucent it doesn't change my skin colour after foundation by making it darker nor lighter which is a pleasent benefit. It keeps my foundation matte and on for the day without any difficulty, I find that I do not have any issues concerning having to apply my powder or foundation again throughout the day. Definitely a staple product within my makeup collection.

This is a good finishing powder to set your liquid foundation. I use the translucent color and feel it does a good job of setting my foundation. I tap off the excess product with my brush and apply. I've used various brushes with this product, and they've all worked just fine. It's super cheap and pretty easy to find, which is always a bonus.