The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews on this product. I was first given this as a gift years ago and loved it then. It was in a slightly bigger container, in orange flavour, and it worked great as lip gloss, it is so moisturising, I often put them on before bed to keep them from chapping overnight - worked as well as Vaseline, minus the runny texture that Vaseline has and it doesn't get in my mouth so I could taste it. I also use this before my lipstick and gloss, it helps with keeping my lips from peeling with lipsticks. I haven't actually ever purchased this product myself so far because I keep getting them for Christmas, but I would definitely buy them when I run out.

Love! Really lovely smell.(and taste) Great tint and shine. Not very moisturizing but such a lovely product to use instead of lipgloss.

A bit expensive, yes, but I'd buy it again even if just for the scent! As with most other people here, I find that it doesn't moisturize the way that I need, but it does have a lovely shimmer/lip tint to it that makes it more like a gloss.
It goes on very smoothly, and you don't feel it when it's on. It's very weightless.

I didn't have problems with the packaging-I think it's cute and durable, when I run out (very close!) I'll probably use it for something else.

Overall: Good! Might not be worth it to some people, about $8 for a jar, but I'd repurchase!

Use it over another balm like Burts Bees

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So I bought this lip gloss because I see everyone using it and it smells delicious. So I bought this strawberry one and wow it smells yummy! but it did NOT taste yummy. at all. The lip gloss itself is, however, very sticky and it felt gross on my lips. It is shiny enough if you are into lip glosses, but I'm not really a lip gloss girl. The pot is nice and strong I guess, and I can use it for something else after its finished. I didn't finish it and I got my friends to help me use it. Even then it didn't finish. I ended up scooping the lip gloss out and kept the pot haha.

I have this in strawberry. There are both good and bad things about this lip balm. The good things are.. It smells soooo good! And it leaves a nice reddish tint and gloss to the lips. However, I just don't feel it does what a lip balm is meant to do which is moisturise. It's more like a gloss that disappears after a while and your lips are back to being dry again. Also, I HATE the packaging! It leaves my finger sticky after dipping it into the pot and also if you have long nails it's soooo annoying because once more of the lip balm gets used up and you have to dip your finger deeper into the pot, the lip balm gets into your nails which is horrible. I wouldn't again, although the smell is amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Born Lippy Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm! It smells so nice, that I really want to eat eat. I find if you apply quite a lot of product on it gets very shimmery, though I wouldn't say it moisturises as I've seen no change from my lips. So I wouldn't recommend if you want an actual moisturising lip product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my 2nd jar of TBS Born Lippy in Strawberry. I love that it smells so sweet. I wished it would taste sweet as well but no it doesn't. It moisturizes my lips well, maybe because I live in a tropical climate and it seldom gets cold here, hence no frequent lip chapping. It is not waxy, but rather glossy. Lightweight, non-sticky, and lovely red tint = REPURCHASE! :D

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Too drying although it gives a nice tint. Still, the point of a lip balm is to moisturise first and look pretty later.

What a waste of money. I'd rather use Nivea Cherry.

I love the smell and the moisture it gives . I will buy it again for sure .

This is for the strawberry flavored one.

I really like the gloss it gives along with the nice tint of color, although I don't like the taste of the lippy when left on things like drink bottle tops.

I also don't really like the packaging as it can be hard to use with long nails, I seem to always get some under my nail!

Overall it's not bad, although I don't think it is sufficiently moisturizing for me.

Popular Lip Treatments