October 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by HGemma

A bit expensive, yes, but I'd buy it again even if just for the scent! As with most other people here, I find that it doesn't moisturize the way that I need, but it does have a lovely shimmer/lip tint to it that makes it more like a gloss.
It goes on very smoothly, and you don't feel it when it's on. It's very weightless.

I didn't have problems with the packaging-I think it's cute and durable, when I run out (very close!) I'll probably use it for something else.

Overall: Good! Might not be worth it to some people, about $8 for a jar, but I'd repurchase!

Use it over another balm like Burts Bees

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I bought this lip gloss because I see everyone using it and it smells delicious. So I bought this strawberry one and wow it smells yummy! but it did NOT taste yummy. at all. The lip gloss itself is, however, very sticky and it felt gross on my lips. It is shiny enough if you are into lip glosses, but I'm not really a lip gloss girl. The pot is nice and strong I guess, and I can use it for something else after its finished. I didn't finish it and I got my friends to help me use it. Even then it didn't finish. I ended up scooping the lip gloss out and kept the pot haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by CookieDough117

I have this in strawberry. There are both good and bad things about this lip balm. The good things are.. It smells soooo good! And it leaves a nice reddish tint and gloss to the lips. However, I just don't feel it does what a lip balm is meant to do which is moisturise. It's more like a gloss that disappears after a while and your lips are back to being dry again. Also, I HATE the packaging! It leaves my finger sticky after dipping it into the pot and also if you have long nails it's soooo annoying because once more of the lip balm gets used up and you have to dip your finger deeper into the pot, the lip balm gets into your nails which is horrible. I wouldn't again, although the smell is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I love the Born Lippy Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm! It smells so nice, that I really want to eat eat. I find if you apply quite a lot of product on it gets very shimmery, though I wouldn't say it moisturises as I've seen no change from my lips. So I wouldn't recommend if you want an actual moisturising lip product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by exoticrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd jar of TBS Born Lippy in Strawberry. I love that it smells so sweet. I wished it would taste sweet as well but no it doesn't. It moisturizes my lips well, maybe because I live in a tropical climate and it seldom gets cold here, hence no frequent lip chapping. It is not waxy, but rather glossy. Lightweight, non-sticky, and lovely red tint = REPURCHASE! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by chiang89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too drying although it gives a nice tint. Still, the point of a lip balm is to moisturise first and look pretty later.

What a waste of money. I'd rather use Nivea Cherry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by allaboutdaniela

I love the smell and the moisture it gives . I will buy it again for sure .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the strawberry flavored one.

I really like the gloss it gives along with the nice tint of color, although I don't like the taste of the lippy when left on things like drink bottle tops.

I also don't really like the packaging as it can be hard to use with long nails, I seem to always get some under my nail!

Overall it's not bad, although I don't think it is sufficiently moisturizing for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

This review is for the strawberry flavored one, I have done one on the mandarin orange flavored one in the respective review category. I actually prefer the strawberry one to the mandarin one, and believe where I live, it is actually the most popular flavor amongst all the born lippies. I quite like it for the nice red cheery color it applies on the lips, but won't re-purchase since I have very dry lips (only Vaseline helps, I have gone through several tubs of those over the years) and this doesn't moisturize them enough. I would still recommend it if one doesn't suffer from dry lips, as it does give a nice sheen to the lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

*Copy/pasted from my Born Lippy in Raspberry review since that's the shade I have. You can purchase these online on their website or at any one of The Body Shops.
The Body Shop claims it is: Best if you want to: Travel anywhere with a little pot of moisturizing lip balm in a tempting fruit flavor that leaves your lips soft, smooth and shiny.
You can travel everywhere with it. It's only 0.3 oz. But I didn't like it sticking out in my pocket.
The flavor is okay but nothing Lip Smackers can't top.
It did make my lips shiny but it hardly did anything to moisturize.
Pros:
It looks very pretty on my lips
It smells good.
Cons:
Expensive. ($8 a jar)
Doesn't moisturize
Doesn't moisturize lips
To big to keep in pocket
Jar packaging
Leaves fingers feeling sticky

Bottom Line: This is more like a gloss. I would layer this over lip balm. The packaging is awful, I hate dipping my fingers into the pot. I was disappointed with this product. It didn't live upto my expectations. Don't waste your money, there are cheaper and more effective alternatives.