April 20, 2014 | 1115 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by chiang89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too drying although it gives a nice tint. Still, the point of a lip balm is to moisturise first and look pretty later.

What a waste of money. I'd rather use Nivea Cherry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by allaboutdaniela

I love the smell and the moisture it gives . I will buy it again for sure .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the strawberry flavored one.

I really like the gloss it gives along with the nice tint of color, although I don't like the taste of the lippy when left on things like drink bottle tops.

I also don't really like the packaging as it can be hard to use with long nails, I seem to always get some under my nail!

Overall it's not bad, although I don't think it is sufficiently moisturizing for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

This review is for the strawberry flavored one, I have done one on the mandarin orange flavored one in the respective review category. I actually prefer the strawberry one to the mandarin one, and believe where I live, it is actually the most popular flavor amongst all the born lippies. I quite like it for the nice red cheery color it applies on the lips, but won't re-purchase since I have very dry lips (only Vaseline helps, I have gone through several tubs of those over the years) and this doesn't moisturize them enough. I would still recommend it if one doesn't suffer from dry lips, as it does give a nice sheen to the lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

*Copy/pasted from my Born Lippy in Raspberry review since that's the shade I have. You can purchase these online on their website or at any one of The Body Shops.
The Body Shop claims it is: Best if you want to: Travel anywhere with a little pot of moisturizing lip balm in a tempting fruit flavor that leaves your lips soft, smooth and shiny.
You can travel everywhere with it. It's only 0.3 oz. But I didn't like it sticking out in my pocket.
The flavor is okay but nothing Lip Smackers can't top.
It did make my lips shiny but it hardly did anything to moisturize.
Pros:
It looks very pretty on my lips
It smells good.
Cons:
Expensive. ($8 a jar)
Doesn't moisturize
Doesn't moisturize lips
To big to keep in pocket
Jar packaging
Leaves fingers feeling sticky

Bottom Line: This is more like a gloss. I would layer this over lip balm. The packaging is awful, I hate dipping my fingers into the pot. I was disappointed with this product. It didn't live upto my expectations. Don't waste your money, there are cheaper and more effective alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite lip balms, its super moisturizing! I have an orange color but i am not sure the exact name. It leaves your lips with a very nice and subtle shimmer. It tastes so good (not that I eat it lol). I have had alot of lip products that smelled good but tasted just horrid, this is not one of them.
There are a lot of other lip balms out there that are just as good, but you cant beat the beautiful shimmer :)
I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Freckleduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I bought the strawberry flavored one. It makes my lips look like i just ate a popsicle and has that kind of pink color to my lips. It does not really work as a balm like it claims, but it is more a gloss in a tub. This applies as a gloss and adds a glossiness to my lips not a lot of moisture. This product is okay, but not terrific, i do not love the packaging because your fingers get sticky and dirty and a pinkish tint.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have this in the purple one - passionberry.

I bought this on a whim whem i was on holiday. I liked the name and the purple colour. It is very creamy and glossy with quite a good colour payoff but for some reason i don't like the texture or the smell of it.

I would not repurchase this again as the smell makes me feel nauseous and it leaves my hands/fingers very sticky and dirty after applying it on my lips

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Doesn't really moisturise the lips but does keep them smooth and smelling AWESOME!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product isn't bad but it isn't exactly good either. I wanted a lip balm that moisturize my lips and those didn't really do all that much for me. As for the smell, I really liked the water melon one so that's a plus. The other thing I dislike about it is the fact that you apply it with your fingers- very gross when you have chapped lips but dirty hands.
Overall, a good product but will not repurchase simply because I am looking for something more moisturizing and easier to apply.