October 25, 2014 | 902 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Lash Stiletto is the mascara that turned me into a mascara addict. This is my second tube of Lash Stiletto. Maybelline calls this mascara the "hottest thing your lashes will ever wear, the mascara that does for lashes what stilettos do for legs." Maybelline says that Lash Stiletto will give 70% longer lashes with an 'elastic formula that stretches for provocative length and a Pro-Vitamin B5 complex that conditions and smooths for black patent shine." Lash Stiletto is available in washable and waterproof formulas, this review is for the washable version. This mascara is ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers. Maybelline's Lash Stiletto contains 6.5ml (.22 oz) and retails for around $8. I was sent this mascara by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways. This product was made in America. Sadly, Maybelline continues to test on animals.
Whether or not you're a fan of Maybelline's mascaras, you gotta admit that Lash Stiletto has cool packaging, it looks just like a 5" stiletto heel. The tube is made of black plastic and is rectangular in shape with a bright red base. The Maybelline and Lash Stiletto logos are printed in silver letters on each side of the tube. Maybelline's Lash Stiletto comes attached to a red cardboard backing that offers facts and figures on the product and a full ingredient list.
Maybelline makes a pretty big deal about Lash Stiletto's "Grip&Extend" brush, claiming that it will "grasp each lash and coat from every angle". This brush is actually pretty good, its about 1" long and is quite thin, so its great for getting at the base of the lashes. The traditional bristles are average in length and spacing, and taper down towards the tip of the brush. I find Lash Stiletto's brush really ideal for use on my bottom lashes.
Ok, so, I love the packaging and brush, but what about Lash Stiletto's formula? Ugh, I hate it, it is awful! Lash Stiletto, like most Maybelline mascaras, is extremely wet. I'm ok with wet mascaras, but I am not ok with wet mascaras full of fiber extensions. One coat of Lash Stiletto gives me slightly lengthened, defined, very natural looking lashes, which is great if you like that look, but when it comes to lashes I'm kinda a drama queen. Lash Stiletto doesn't build up well at all. Each additional coat just adds more weight and wetness, causing my lashes to stick together and look shorter than before I applied mascara. Lash Stiletto is incapable of holding a curl and never seems to full dry. Sticky lashes are a no-go for me, I have two long haired cats and a rabbit, put two and two together and it makes for a very itchy, unpleasant experience. This mascara is an all around poor performer, it even flakes. The good news is that it rinses right off with water.
Wow, what a horrible failure of a mascara. You should be ashamed of yourself, Maybelline, I know you make way better mascaras than this. I don't remember my first tube of Lash Stiletto being this bad, but then again I bought it like three years ago when this mascara was first launched, for all I know it may've been reformulated or my lashes have changed. I had also used Lash Stiletto Voluptuous mascaras back in the day, and I preferred and would recommend it over plain old Lash Stiletto. I'm just going to toss this mascara out, I have no real use for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by celloplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The formula is really thin.. which is good for people who don't like clumps. But it definitely gets a little funky after too many coats. The brush is good - nice and sturdy!

Loved this product so much. Stopped using it for the L'Oreal Million Lashes mascara (GAH really dislike that one.) I feel like Lash Stiletto used to be really affordable since I could purchase it with my prime membership on Amazon but I haven't been able to find it online lately and whenever I go to my local drugstore/Target they're always out of stock! So either someone here in Arizona really loves the product or I have terrible luck finding it. And at it's price, I might as well just buy the NYX doll eye mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ladieqah

it makes my lashes look REAL and LONG plus it dry fast. totally in love with it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by joeblabla

I usually never review because im too lazy to but i gotta say that this mascara is thebomb.com!
My thin lashes are medium length and i need waterproof mascaras to hold my curls.

Pros:
-its C R A Z Y how lengthening that mascara is. my lashes are 2x longer (im not exagerating) and makes ppl wonder if i wear falsies to school.
-holds my curls perfectly. even when i remove it, my lashes are still curl
-separates every single lash
-no clumps
-no smudging
-perfectly waterproof. i have swimming classes and this doesnt run all over your face.

Cons:
-its drying and makes your lashes hard
-its hard to remove so i use extra virgin oil or baby oil to remove everything
-not good at volumizing but i dont mind, i prefer length over volume as its more natural.

<333333

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Jlk1105

I have been looking for a mascara that worked as well as "They're Real" brand for a long time because I can't afford the price of it. So I began to search and try many drugstore brands and had to keep returning because they wouldn't give that false eyelash effect, when I picked up stiletto, I did not think it would work because I had previously tried 3 other brands in the last 2 weeks. It worked Awesome. I don't know what people are talking about with the smell. Who smells your eyeballs? Seriously. It is a chemical, the company isn't going to put perfume in mascara. Anyway, this one is a keeper. I will now buy it for a very very long time! I am a couponer so I had been trying to fund something I could buy with coupons for under $9! This is it. The $9 is well worth it compared to the $23 I would spend on the previously mentioned brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Loriencox

This mascara stinks! Literally, it smells awful and the noxious gases burn my eyes when applying. Works well if your eyes don't water it all off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

This mascara is just okay. It can lengthen, but doesn't really increase volume or make lashes look more full. It also flakes and clumps, but a lot of mascaras do as well. I don't particularly like the long wand applicator with straight head (as opposed to ones with curved heads).

I would repurchase, but only because I have tried a variety of drugstore and department store mascaras, and still have yet to find a mascara that stands out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by PrincessZelda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the packaging of this product, it's so cute. This mascara separates the lashes making them look thin, and it smears during the day. Oddly, this product smells really nice. Will not repurchase, as I find illegal length fiber extensions mascara is a way better product for lengthening.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

Makes lashes long but very spider legs like. My lashes looked long but very thin and stiff. Oh and it flakes. I would not repurchase this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good Mascara but for length only. Does nothing for volume. It makes my short lashes super long. But I love volume and length so I probably wouldn't purchase again, unless its on sale or clearance.