July 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after all the YouTube makeup artists were raving about it and wasn't disappointed. It's an ELF product that is quality. I don't contour my face so I don't care much for the Bronze powder. In fact it actually broke into pieces since it's cheap I guess. I love the blush however! I use it when I'm on the go in a rush and forget to put blush on. It doesn't have much staying power but it is a pretty pink and flattering on my skin. But I absolutely love the compact. It's the perfect size and rectangular. When the blush is out I'm definately keeping the compact for the mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

As far as being a dupe for the NARS Orgasm/Laguna Duo, it's not. The quality of the products are completely different. NARS is much more pigmented and easier to pick up. This product however, serves it's own purpose. It is great for contouring! The blush isn't super pigmented, but it adds to the bronzer shade nicely. The bronzer itself is pretty dark, but blended well, it works. I really like this overall, you can't beat it for only $3!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

For $3 dollars this is a pretty good contour kit. I actually really like this. Gives your cheeks a nice glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I don't like this product at all. It's really cheap, in the sense of both the price and quality. Both the blush and bronzer are extremely chalky, and are way too shimmery for my taste. The bronzer is really difficult to blend out, and just looks like someone rubbed dirt on my face. The blush is okay I guess, but again, I'm not a fan of shimmery face products.

I guess this can be considered a dupe for the NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo, but I don't own that, so I can't say for sure. I doubt the NARS version is as glittery though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this, for 3 bucks it contours quite well on my face. I'm using St. Lucia, which seems to be the best selling shade. Yes, the contouring powder is more matte and if you put too much on your contouring brush, you'll be spending more time blending. However if you apply this lightly and blend it out well, it does indeed work. The blush shows up nicely on me, it warms my cheeks. And I love how they've matched their Studio compacts with NARS. Although I cannot compare this to the contouring compact from NARS, I have read there really is no comparison with the exception of appearance.
I dont mind...this will do just fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by arueda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

honestly a great product for the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This was my first contouring kit, as it was recommended from youtube gurus. It is safe to say that I didn't know any better. Also, when you are starting a make up collection, you don't understand paying much for a bronzer. I used this for about two years, realizing over time that I was avoiding contouring altogether. The problem was that it would make my face look muddy no matter how hard I tried. It didn't appear so bad in front of the mirror as when it hit natural daylight. In pictures, I noticed that I had splotches of bronzer.

Years later, I purchased a high end bronzer to realize the difference. Yes, the ELF bronzer is a really dark shade of brown. But the problem is that it IS NOT BLENDABLE. It has a high likelihood of making you break out. And both the blush and bronzer contain mostly glitter.

Overall, this is a terrible product. I would not recommend it to anyone. I am twice disappointed...one, that I wasted $3 on it...and two, that it destroyed my make up looks when I didn't know any better. TRASHED.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by childofthebarricade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will admit that I love the ELF line. It's super cheap, but if you pick the right stuff, you get amazing cosmetics for your money.

While this is definitely hearsay, and I have not tried the NARS blush myself, I have been told several times that the blush half of this combo is a dupe of NARS' Orgasm blush, one of those rare colors I've been told looks good on everybody. Whether or not it really looks like that, it looks good on me, and if that is true then the NARS blush is literally 300 times the price of the ELF blush.

The packaging of ELF's line can often leave much to be wanted, and things like the mirrors glued inside the package (which has happened to me before with this blush) can fall off.

But, hey. If I can get the perfect blush for me with an added bronzer for contour at a price I could probably dig out of the cushions of my sofa, that lost mirror is just fine to me. I already had a double sided mirror in my purse anyway!

I highly recommend this to everyone. Fantastic cosmetics at beyond fantastic price. (If I'd had this as a teenager I would have gotten a job simply to clear out every product they had.) Great quality, and the only gripe I have is shaky packaging. I have heard others complain that the colors are not bold or rich enough, but 1) when the most expensive thing they have is a $10 palette of 144 eyeshadows, I don't expect M.A.C quality, and 2) I actually prefer the less powerful shadows. As in cooking, adding is easy. Subtracting is not.

So, good quality, cheap prices, a little product packaging problem - so darn near perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

This is an amazing product for its price.

PROS:
Bronzer is extremely pigmented and dark, very brown. Great for contouring.
The compact is really classy and has a mirror.

CONS:
Blush sucks--too sheer, too sparkley, doesnt show up.
Bronzer is not matte
Bronzer is impossible to blend!! Its super powdery and dark, so when you put it on your face, its impossible to blend out and can look like a brown line on your face.

Overall, it's a great color but you need to really practice blending out the bronzer! the blush is useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ck72