L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 1/25/2013 6:35:00 PM

I do NOT recommend this mascara. I wasted money on this. The only "extra" about this is it is EXTRA clumpy, EXTRA dry, and extra useless. The mascara worked "ok" for the first three-four uses. After that, it's just gloopy and dry. The brush would have been good to work with, but it's the formula that's icky.

on 1/19/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

looove love this mascara it makes my lashes look thick, long and glamourous and doesnt flake during the day which is great, only thing is the brush is abit big so found it hard to apply without getting it around my eyes

probably wouldn't repurchase as im gonna keep experimenting with drugstore mascaras until i find the perfect one

on 1/12/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this is a great mascara. I was just about to start buying Lancome which is more than twice the cost, but decided to try this as I had previously purchased one and wanted to use what I had before I bought more... and it turns out that it works great! I use Urban Decay lash primer first and that does make a difference on length.
And then afterward, I used a clean mascara wand to comb out any clumps. Comes out perfect. I will definitely continue to use as it's a great mascara at a good price!

on 1/11/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is odd. When I first bought it, I hated it. Too clumpy, odd brush, not a good look. But sometimes with L'Oreal mascaras, I find they do better after a week. Almost a break in period. After it got broken in, I liked the look, but didn't love the product. Ultimately, I would buy the formula again, but am not a fan of the hour glass brush. If they kept the thick bristles but smoothed the shape, would buy again.

on 1/11/2013 5:03:00 AM

I'm a huge fan of L'oreal mascaras (actually, their eye makeup in general), but something about this formula does not sit well with me. One coat feels heavy on my eyes, yet it does not give me any volume or length. My lids start to feel sore after about 5 minutes of wear, and after an hour, my eyes start to look bloodshot. This is also one of the only L'oreal formulas that I've tried that crumbles and smudges on me...Sleek packaging though!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My new favorite mascara. Replaced my Rimmel Bold Max Curve in the green tube. This does not clump & is not dry like a lot of mascaras that I've tried. It's a wet formula but not too wet that it's messy or smudges. Volumizes like crazy! Gives the false lash effect, which I've been looking for for so long. Sorry I didn't try this sooner.

on 12/18/2012 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product stapled in my makeup case since forever. Use it every day, very often. Love how it make my eyelashes volumised and thick black. I definitely got no problem with this mascara. I have tried a lot of mascaras. But,I never let my day walking by without this bad boy.

on 12/14/2012 12:03:00 AM

This is a very good mascara in my mind. But I haven't too many mascaras that I don't like. I have pretty good eyelashes to begin with, this gives me extra length and really seperates each lash. I have no problem with clumps but I just wipe off any I may see on the brush before I apply it to my lashes. I like the brush, it really grabs on to my lashes as I pull through. No flaking during the day. What more could you ask for? I don't remember the price but I bet I paid less than $10 for this. A great d/s mascara! L'Oreal and Maybelliene make the best mascara at the d/s in my opinion. I haven't been too impressed with Covergirl mascaras.

on 12/5/2012 12:48:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. It’s VERY CLUMPY. On the first morning I tried it, when I woke up my five year old daughter for school and she smiled and said to me “Mom, your eye lashes look like broccoli.” Not good.

on 11/24/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really disliked this product and it pains me to use it every day--only bc I can't take it back and I can't justify throwing my money away. That being said, idk if I got a bad/dried out mascara, but the mascara is a clumptastic nightmare. With this mascara my lashes all lump together and it provides very little lift or volume. And bc of the small shape of my eyes, the larger brush also makes things more difficult. I will not be buying this ever again, imo there's far better drugstore mascaras out there.