October 24, 2014 | 1650 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

I have partially hooded lids and they get pretty oily, so its hard to find a liner of any kind that does not smudge or move. but this one actually stayed put! for 3 dollars i was so surprised! my only complaint was it dried out really quick! but for 3 dollars i cant complain!

Pros:
Smudge/budge/Water proof!
Easy to use
Cheap!

Cons:
dries out quick

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by gsmithalon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think the one I got had a defect. It is not as black/dark as the others I saw posted here. :( I shall purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries very quickly. Smudges all the way down to the bottom of my eyes after 3 hours! (I am oily skinned.) Easily removed with makeup remover. The color is a standard black. The tip wears down after a few uses. I suppose it's not that terrible for $1. Though, the Essence felt tip pen is more intense and precise.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this product a 5 b/c it's only $1. Is it the best liquid/felt tip eyeliner out there? No, but it's pretty fantastic for the price. I love these type of eyeliners and the other one I use (which is thicker, so I like that this one is super thin), is Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen and it's $8...in terms of difference in quality between the two, I don't think the one that costs 8x's more is that much better. I read the poor reviews about it drying up...I have yet to see that happen. And even if it dries up in a few weeks, I don't mind spending $1 for another. It applies beautifully. No tugging, drying, or smudging. I don't know if it's truly waterproof as it claims but I applied it at 1pm and at midnight it still looks absolutely perfect w/o any reapplying. I will warn, because the tip is super thin, it gives a natural daytime look, not a dramatic smokey eye look. Also, I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sagiegens

All I have to say is that this product gave me a really bad eye infection... >:/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by MissSmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the tip of this, it's the perfect petite size. The packaging is nothing special. It's about $1.50 CAD at Dollarama. The thing is, this dries out so quickly! I can hardly finish one eye. I store it upside down too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

This product actually works pretty good for me. It does dry out pretty fast but for $2... well, what do you expect? It stays for a good while and that's good enough for me. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by bichmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read mixed reviews of this eyeliner, but still bought it anyways because it is so cheap so if it did not work I lose $1. I think the reviewers are right, ELF make-up does seem to come in batches. I think I got lucky and got a good batch. For $1, these eyeliners are really good. They truely are waterproof as they stay on my eyes all day and they are easy to apply with no tugging. I have had them for around a month now and do notice that the ink is starting to fade so sometimes I do have to go over the line again to get the pigmentation I want. I did read about some tips to extend the life of this liner, which I used and it seems to be working:

(1) ensure that the cap is closed tightly, make sure it clicks shut
(2) store the liner upside down

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dqzhuzi

I had two of them. Color is nice and it's pretty easy to apply. But it gets dry so quickly. Compared with Lumene and Loreal eyeliner this is just so so. I don't think I will buy it any more.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

After one swipe it dries up, I can't even make one full line on my upper lid. And I always store it upside down, it doesn't help. This is completely useless. I bought this in black and ash and I have the same problem for both. Everyone is saying "oh its only a buck just get it" well what's the point, its literally USELESS.