August 1, 2014 | 1706 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love the pretty metallic tube. I think Rimmel has the nicest packaging for drugstore mascaras. However, this mascara does not add volume at all as marketed. This is okay as a primer mascara for lengthening and separating lashes because the little grooves in the wand coat all of my sparse lashes evenly without clumping but it definitely needs to be paired with a volumizing mascara if you want thick lashes. This does not smudge or make your lashes feel crusty but I prefer Maybelline's Lots of Lashes mascara to this, in terms of a primer/lengthening mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG I love this mascara! I got this on clearance at my Target for like $4 on a whim. It holds a curl really well! It lengthens my lashes but it doesn't really volumize. But overall, I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by kaylaax3

I love this mascara! I was pretty hesitant about getting this but I'm really happy I did. it lengthens and volumizes!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

In my opinion, this mascara is very ordinary. It didn't provide any "sexy curves" to my lashes, even after using an eyelash curler on them. Mascara is one item I am usually disappointed with when it comes to delivery of manufacturer claims. This mascara did not deliver.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is good for length, but you need to be careful because it can clump easily if you aren't paying attention. I prefer to curl my lashes before applying since I get better results. The formula is wet, so be warned if you don't like that. I will not be repurchasing since I love trying out new mascaras and rarely repurchase the same one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara, not my favorite, but a decent one nonetheless. I’ve used it off and on for the last few years. I like the ‘bubbly’ (for lack of better description) shape of the brush, and the short, rubber bristles. The brush does a good job of grabbing every lash and separating/defining my lashes. This mascara also lengthens and lifts my lashes. The formula is thin, somewhat wet, and buildable for darker color and length. It does not volumize, despite my applying 2-3 wet coats. It leaves my lashes somewhat stiff. Clumping and flaking is minimal, and it lasts through heat, humidity, and workouts with minimal smudging. It’s a bit stubborn to remove. Bottom line, this is good if your looking for lift, length and definition; not so good for softness and volume. It’s a good summertime mascara for me, but it doesn’t hold a candle to my HG L’Oreal Bare Naturale. I would repurchase, should I have the need.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ChloeHunte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I quite like this mascara. First off i'd like to say after trying Rimmel's Scandal eyes I was very un-impressed and very sceptical to try any other rimmel mascaras but I decided to bite the bullet and try this one. I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara. The consistency of the actual mascara is perfect for me it's thick but not too gloopy. I really love the brush it's very unique and the brush is a good dupe for the fairy drops mascara. Due to the 3 plumps on the brush its very easy to get in to the inner corners of my lashes which is a plus because it gives me a more full look. I love the shape of the packaging it looks very differnt to the typical drugstore mascaras; and the shiny purple packaging caught my eye instantly. The mascara holds a curl very well, gives a bit of length but not much for volume. The price was decent, I paid £8.19 for mine at superdrug. It's now one of my favourites but not at my HG status.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by xxAlessia

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I just purchased it today, tried it out once I got home, and hate it so much that I had to come write this review. First of all, the picture of the brush on the package is VERY deceiving as the actual brush is nothing like it. This mascara does absolutely nothing for your lashes except for giving clumps and spider looking lashes. Hopefully I'm able to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 5 but it lacks just a tiny bit of my HG expectations. The first reason I love this mascara is because it makes my lashes really long, longer than any other mascara has ever made them (and I've tried dozens!). It really holds a curl beautifully. I def would not recommend applying more than 2 coats because it will get clumpy. With 2 coats I get really long and curled doll like eyelashes! The only thing which is slightly lacking is the volume aspect of it. This gives me about 85% of the volume I want. With maybe that 15% more volume this would be HG status for me! I will def repurchase and I already go around telling everyone to get rimmel sexy curves bc they always compliment me when I use this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by LittleMakeupLover

This was my first mascara and it was alright. The best part about it was it is very black! but i hate that it flakes i feel like when i wear it i constantly have to go to a mirror and remove the flakes with can be really inconvient. This is a great mascara for beginners though because the brush is very easy to handle and it isn't that dramatic but it can be it you want it to be. I wouldn't buy it again because i know there's better out there but it is a fairly decent product.