Rimmel Sexy Curves

3.3

on 9/16/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

ugh. i am starting to hate mascara. i hated this when i first used it, it went on too think, made my lashes look spidery, and looked clumpy. however, i tried wiping the wand off on the top of the mascara before applying it, and this helped a lot. it really does appear to lengthen my lashes, and gives them a fake look. it doesn't seem to flake, some does transfer to the area the top of my lashes touch on my brow bone, but i guess that's to be expected. i wear contacts and this does seem to irritate my eyes a bit, but everything does. i probably wouldn't repurchase, and this is a little much for me to wear to work (better for a night out), but overall its okay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this several months ago when CVS had their big beauty clearance. I'm always on the hunt for a new mascara and have tried 40 or so in the last 4 years. The packaging for this mascara is cute and the brush is unique, though I find the spikes of rubber to be a little scratchy, like the last CG mascara I tried. The color is a dark black and the formula seems a little wet. It tends to give a somewhat clumpy look rather than a super full and/or defined look. One coat is plenty, two or more guarantees spider lashes. It doesn't smudge or flake but to me it's just an average mascara. I prefer loads of volume and a less scratchy brush. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone because it didn't do anything for my lashes, it just gave them a coat of black... The packaging is really pretty and the brush is interesting but it does not give any volume and it barely puts any mascara on my lashes.
I wouldn't repurchase this product.

on 8/17/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Maybe 4 out of 5 is a bit too much, but to be honest I am really strict. I would rate it between 3 and 4 (I'd never give 5 to any mascara I've tried yet). Anyway this is a great mascara if you're looking for clear, well defined, curved lashes. I don't think it makes miracles if you have very short or thin lashes, but I like it anyway. The final effect is natural but noticeable, it didn't clump my lashes at all, I'd say it's a bit liquid. It works even better with an eyelash curler. I think I'll purchase it again even though I'd like to try the other packages (waterproof, intense black and so on).

on 8/17/2012 3:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can not love this enough. Definitely my holy grail mascara. For the price point and how beautiful it makes my eyelashes, I can't find another comparable mascara. One coat can give you a longer yet natural looking eyebrows for the minimal makeup days. Several more coats would give the voluminous and longer lashes for the heavier makeup days. I've tried many other mascaras, however I always end up going to back to this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this mascara at all.It did not give me length or volume.It basically did not do anything for me.Do not recommend it and will never repurchase it.

on 8/7/2012 5:57:00 PM

Rimmel products have been hit and miss for me, but this one works well. I very rarely use it alone, however. It gives a decent curl, and I usually top it with a volumizing mascara (whatever I'm into at the moment). I'm impressed with this mascara for as inexpensive as it is.

on 8/2/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the pretty metallic tube. I think Rimmel has the nicest packaging for drugstore mascaras. However, this mascara does not add volume at all as marketed. This is okay as a primer mascara for lengthening and separating lashes because the little grooves in the wand coat all of my sparse lashes evenly without clumping but it definitely needs to be paired with a volumizing mascara if you want thick lashes. This does not smudge or make your lashes feel crusty but I prefer Maybelline's Lots of Lashes mascara to this, in terms of a primer/lengthening mascara.

on 8/2/2012 1:35:00 PM

OMG I love this mascara! I got this on clearance at my Target for like $4 on a whim. It holds a curl really well! It lengthens my lashes but it doesn't really volumize. But overall, I love this!

on 7/23/2012 2:42:00 PM

I love this mascara! I was pretty hesitant about getting this but I'm really happy I did. it lengthens and volumizes!