October 2, 2014 | 988 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by drh2014

I absolutely LOVE these brushes! They are so soft and do the job right!
PRO'S:
-The brush part is eco friendly & you can deff. tell when they get cleaned compared to a reg. black brush! (the only thing you see coming out of the brush is makeup, not black!)
-I got all these brushes for about $10 at the local kmart. (I've found them the cheapest there and on sale quite a bit there.)
-The little carrying case it comes with is handy for not only the brushes but also other little nick-nacks of mine
-The handle is smooth & easy to use
-Great for my mineral makeup or powder/blush, picks up every mineral peck i want it to
-Smooths makeup great on my face!
-THEY ARE ECO FRIENDLY:)

CON'S:
none so far!

Reccomended!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

I did not do a good research on these products, so I had no idea that they were so small/short. Only the blush brush feels ok and comfortable to use.

The concealer brush is good for the under-eye area, as it is quite firm, so it spreads and blends creamy concealers very well. It is not suitable for more precise concealing on the rest of the face, though.

Some folks might appreciate this as a small travel set.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

+1 for running the brushes across my face for no reason. They are that soft, and they hold up so well after washes (just wash them properly and you're good to go). The price is also quite irresistible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Frankly I donít get the hype. This is a kit in my collection that I use because I have it, not because I like it.

I find it mediocre. Not bad but not good, not scratchy but not that soft either. I wonder why everybody says it's so soft. Is it possible I get a lemon?

Powder brush: this one baffles me greatly. It is way too thick to be used comfortably and it doesn't pick up product easily. It does a passable job for powders and blushes but nothing great.

Blending brush: my fave. Does a wonderful job. At first I thought it was too big for my Asian eyes, but I was wrong.

Kabuki brush: too flimsy to be used for mineral foundation.I can't even use this for normal powder because it doesn't distribute powder evenly. I use it to brush away excess powder or to contour softly. And the size is just... weird. I thought a small kabuki would be cute. Not this one. It's just so puny.

Concealer brush: just okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by uthinkpink01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I adore these brushes! The baby kabuki is my all time favorite brush, I love using it for my less pigmented blushes, it applies them like a dream. These brushes are so soft, I run them across my face for no reason. These are great brushes, you can't go wrong with them!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sassysisters

The brushes are very high quality! I found that at walmart for 14$ canadian, and couldnt have been more pleased with them. They are super soft, and even after multiple wahses have maintained their shape with no shedding! The are way higher in quality the the quo brushes sold at shoppers drugmart, which, compared to these, are extremely scratchy.They come with a very soft fluffy powder brush for blush/bronzer, a kabuki that is awesome for applying powder for heavier coverage, a blending bruh for your crease/highlight and a concealer brush( that could be used as an eyeshadow brush, although it is a bit stiff). It allso comes with a hemp bag to store your brushes in, hwhich is reusable and sturdy. Very useful for starting a makeup collection, as these are alIthe brushes needed for a full face of makeup!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me this is some great brushes. I wash them once a week, but after a while they got a little bad because I wash them. But great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this makeup set at least a year ago maybe even more. It is a good makeup set for the price. I dont really use the mini kabuki or the 2 other brushes. The one that i mainly use and why i bought the set was for the regular kabuki. I love this brush it does not shed and always gives a good application of product. I use this brush daily sometimes a few times a day depending on what my plans are and i wash my brushes about once every couple weeks. I am just now noticing that a few of the bristles in the brush are hardening and look like they have product stuck to them...i wont buy this set again since i only use the one brush..i guess i have to settle for the fluffly blush brush as a replacement because i dont think they sell the kabuki with a handle separately =( but if you are looking for a good quality brush set for not a lot of money..this is definitely it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by HowlinWolfe

I'm writing this review because ecotools finally listened and redesigned the carrying case. Instead of the crappy snap closure one which didn't fit all the brushes they now have a zip close one which is awesome. I love and use all the brushes except the mini kabuki (thats why I had to give it only 4 lippies) it comes mi-shappen and nothing I do seems to solve this problem, other than that great brushes and great price. If your going to purchase this item be on the look out for the zippered bag or you will be disapoimted with snap closure one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lightxl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yet another wonderful set by ecotools. The synthetic hair is super soft. I love the mini kabuki - very cute and portable. Great for blush on the go. The concealer brush is too big for spot concealing, but perfect for liquid undereye concealer. I haven't used the other 2 brushes much, so can't comment there except to say that it's very soft.