Ecotools Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

4.6

I don't have expensive brushes to compare these to, however, I've used some of the fancier ones at counters and looked into "investing" in better brushes, and in the meantime, these are fine by me. They are soft, wash well (I've had some of my other Eco tools brushes for two years and am just now thinking of replacing them after dozens of washes with either Dove sensitive soap or baby shampoo).

The baby kabuki is nice once you get the hang of it, it's so small and awkward at first. It works great with pressed mineral makeup like Pur Minerals. I actually use the fluffy one to put tiny traces of concealer over redness on cheeks or nose, and to set powder over anything tiny at the end of my applications.

I agree the powder/brush blush is best for that: blush.
Bottom line: this is a great set, but buy their full size powder brush as well for loose minerals and then you're all set!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Fantastic brushes, oh so soft and able to hold product very well. After reading many positive reviews I went to my local chemist/drugstore and bought this set to use with my mineral foundation. I don't mind the size of these brushes at all, I find they all fit into my little on-the-go makeup bag very well.

I would go so far as saying these are much softer, and as good a quality, as the Mac brushes I own. The mini Kabuki in this set, I find, is excellent for my compact bronzer. It picks up much more product than my old brush did, and buffs into my skin very nicely.

No shedding to report and I will definitely be recommending these to my friends - great on your face, your wallet, and the world ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I think this product is over hyped. As I got it online, I have no idea how small they were. They really are small and short. The powder brush is half the size of a normal powder brush and the concealer and the shading brush is half the size of the powder brush in this set. And the baby kabuki is really super small. That said, the bristles are super soft and dense and I have like perhaps 1 fallout during the initial use. Not only that, the bristles are not scratchy at all. They also pick up a decent amount of product.

1)the powder brush=the only brush comfortable enough to use, is quite good at applying blush. It applies my mineral blush evenly.
2) the concealer brush= i use this as an eyeshadow brush. Its quite great actually. I use it to pack it in the color and also blend it in a lil.
3)The blending blush = is not bad, pretty good at blending the eyeshadow nicely.
4)the baby kabuki= i tried using this for blush, but the bristles are too long and the handle too small that it was awkward. My least fave one out of the bunch.

The packaging is okay, it comes with this hemp linen pouch thingy. I hate the fact that when i got my brushes, they were pretty flattened because of the packaging-the plastic thingy. So, the brush had a real odd almond shape when i got it (the baby kabuki n powder brush). But now it has regained its fullness. Overall. The quality of the bristles are quite good, and the handle sturdy. But I'm giving it a three because they're too small and short and awkward to use. And therefore, I would not repurchase...despite the fact i got this for about 7.50 USD...

Superb quality makeup brushes! I deducted a lippies because of the small kabuki inside.

(a) Small Kabuki
I haven't find a good makeup product to use with. It doesn't works well with my Lancome Mineral Loose Powder.

(b) Powder/Blush Brush
Like this for blush application. It can picks up the blush beautifully and apply smoothly too.

(c) Concealer Brush
Same to their regular concealer brush, high quality concealer brush! Like it and can use with all of my concealers, i.e. cream, mousse-type, emollient, liquid, etc. Good size for travel too.

(d) Fluff/Smudge Brush
My HG over the whole set. I can use this as a fluff brush and remove all the hard edges over my eyeshadows. It is so soft and somehow tapered as well. Great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Just like their eye brush set, this one is just as soft, easy to clean and I haven't seen any shedding.
The powder brush is a bit heavy and as someone else posted, I do have to pick up a lot more powder to cover my face. But it does blend well, so that's a nice counterbalance for the thickness.
The larger brush I decided to use to apply my blush and it worked well, a bit awkward but then again, I was probably using the wrong brush. I do have a Kabuki brush that I will use for my blush and try it for powder as well.
I haven't used the other brushes in the set mainly because I don't use concealer so I can't comment on them.

I may end up buying these brushes separately in the future or try something else but for right now, they're just what I needed.

I absolutely LOVE these brushes! They are so soft and do the job right!
PRO'S:
-The brush part is eco friendly & you can deff. tell when they get cleaned compared to a reg. black brush! (the only thing you see coming out of the brush is makeup, not black!)
-I got all these brushes for about $10 at the local kmart. (I've found them the cheapest there and on sale quite a bit there.)
-The little carrying case it comes with is handy for not only the brushes but also other little nick-nacks of mine
-The handle is smooth & easy to use
-Great for my mineral makeup or powder/blush, picks up every mineral peck i want it to
-Smooths makeup great on my face!
-THEY ARE ECO FRIENDLY:)

CON'S:
none so far!

Reccomended!

I did not do a good research on these products, so I had no idea that they were so small/short. Only the blush brush feels ok and comfortable to use.

The concealer brush is good for the under-eye area, as it is quite firm, so it spreads and blends creamy concealers very well. It is not suitable for more precise concealing on the rest of the face, though.

Some folks might appreciate this as a small travel set.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

+1 for running the brushes across my face for no reason. They are that soft, and they hold up so well after washes (just wash them properly and you're good to go). The price is also quite irresistible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Frankly I donít get the hype. This is a kit in my collection that I use because I have it, not because I like it.

I find it mediocre. Not bad but not good, not scratchy but not that soft either. I wonder why everybody says it's so soft. Is it possible I get a lemon?

Powder brush: this one baffles me greatly. It is way too thick to be used comfortably and it doesn't pick up product easily. It does a passable job for powders and blushes but nothing great.

Blending brush: my fave. Does a wonderful job. At first I thought it was too big for my Asian eyes, but I was wrong.

Kabuki brush: too flimsy to be used for mineral foundation.I can't even use this for normal powder because it doesn't distribute powder evenly. I use it to brush away excess powder or to contour softly. And the size is just... weird. I thought a small kabuki would be cute. Not this one. It's just so puny.

Concealer brush: just okay.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I adore these brushes! The baby kabuki is my all time favorite brush, I love using it for my less pigmented blushes, it applies them like a dream. These brushes are so soft, I run them across my face for no reason. These are great brushes, you can't go wrong with them!

Popular Makeup Brushes