December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rub a small amount through the ends of your hair whilst its still damp from the shower.
Keeps hair happy and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have gone threw a large and small bottle of this and I just loved the wait made my hair look and feel. I went to the store to re buy it when I was per swayed that there is a better product out there so I gave it a try and I hate it! Honestly this product has done my hair wonders my hair use to shed really bad and it was frizzy and poofy now I have no frizz and it makes my hair manageable and feel so good

Pros:
- makes your hair shiny
-gets rid of the frizz
-makes your hair soft and manageable

Cons:
-expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Alanna84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
This stuff smells divine to me.
It does nothing bad to my hair. If you use a light hand it shouldn't make your hair oily.
Psychological comfort for your dry ends.

CONS:
I've been using this for at over 6 months, I'm still unclear how it's supposed to be improving my hair. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy - the ends of my hair seem drier than they've ever been.

FYI: my hair is uber fine, like baby's hair, but I have lots of it. I found the Agadir brand of argan oil (the spray bottle) to be just as pleasantly useless as this brand, but without weighing down my already flat hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by michaelaok

what?? its oil of corse it makes your hair oily! wow people are really dumb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nope, this just isn't it for me. It's greasy, doesn't make my hair softer or less frizzy. Smells great but that's the only plus as far as I'm concerned. I will be sticking to my Orofluido, which is a lot better and a LOT cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

Oh, I absolutely love this product! It makes my hair so soft and smooth, without making it look heavy and oily! Also, it lasts forever and makes me smell like a goddess. I have dark and long Asian hair, and it is a mix between stiff and soft (not as stiff as many Asian's hair structure, but not as soft as Western/Nordic hair). I always have to blow dry my hair after washing, since it is so thick and long it can actually cause fungus on my scalp if I do not dry it properly (because of the dampness that gets stuck in my hair).The problem is that my hair will feel dry, static and frizzy after blow-drying, and Moroccan Oil really mends my hair and makes it "calm down". After using it, I have experienced less split ends and dryness on the ends. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

It smells AMAZING I adore the scent of this hair oil, but for me is it just 'okay' it's not really amazing or really bad. It feels good and smooth when I put it through my hair it gets rid of any knots really well, but the next day my hair just feels iky and feels like it needs washing I won't be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dlonewolf

Morroccanoil is definitely not the worth the hype that surrounds it, it isn't worth the price that is is retailed for, and more over my hair saw little improvement over the course of 6 months. I have used many better hair oils better than this, and this one for me came in the lower percentile. Check my full review with pictures on my blog here: http://samanthaaoki.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/moroccanoil-treatment-light.html

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moroccan Oil has been touted as a miracle product for the past few years. When it finally became available in Hong Kong, I hesitated because of the crazy price of over HK $400 (US $50) a bottle. Finally, on a really bad hair day, I weakened.

Well, I have to say Iím kind of underwhelmed. It makes my hair shiny, soft and easy to comb through, but it doesn't stop it from waving up in the humidity or help it to keep a style longer. I'm not wild about the scent either, although everyone else raves about it. It's not a strong smell, kind of nutty, but there's just some unpleasant undertone that I can't quite put my finger on. It definitely smells very different from the pure argan oil Iíve used before.

If you do want to use this, one trick I've found is to decant it from the large pump bottle into a small tinted dropper bottle, like the ones for facial serum, to better control the amount you dispense and not waste any product. It also keeps the entire bathroom from smelling of Moroccan Oil. Used this way, I think I will have enough oil to last for at least a year (sigh). I have however found a secondary use for this product Ė itís great for dry cuticles and adding extra gloss on top of a manicure. Iíve heard it can also be used to pre-oil hair to prevent dryness during a colour treatment.

As others have commented, this is not a natural product but a silicone serum with argan oil added as a hero ingredient. However, the natural oils Iíve tried such as camellia and pure argan oil are not as effective in adding shine or controlling flyaways, although they do help a lot with dryness and poufy hair. It all depends on what youíre after.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by summerseabreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does Moroccan oil smell good? Yes!
Does it make my hair feel good? YES!!

...So then why would I not buy it again? Well, as a girl who's increasingly turning to natural and organic (food & hair/skincare) - think green tea, blueberries and grasswheat each AM, I can't justify using this with the amount of 'feel-good' silicones in here (the main 3 ingredients). In the long run 'cones are bad for your hair as they seal the cuticles and prevent moisture from entering. So maybe the Argan oil in this will help, right? Nooo unfortunately, there isn't enough of it in here to make a difference (5th ingredient down).

Better buying your own Argan oil (making sure it from a reputable supplier - 'Essence of Morocco' is my fave online) or using M.oil just on the odd special occasion (as admittedly I will do!). Or better still use something that'll actually make a difference to your hair in the long run so that 'hair cosmetics' aren't required any longer! My pick would be Divine Herbal hair oil - simultaneously stopped my hair loss and naturally conditioned/repaired my hair, without any 'cones or chemicals. Pricey (when you include shipping to the states) but worth it!

Love the cute M.Oil bottle. Just a shame about the not-so-natural ingredients. Won't be a repurchase for me..

For those who haven't seen the ingredients list, here you go:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone