October 24, 2014 | 970 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

Oh, I absolutely love this product! It makes my hair so soft and smooth, without making it look heavy and oily! Also, it lasts forever and makes me smell like a goddess. I have dark and long Asian hair, and it is a mix between stiff and soft (not as stiff as many Asian's hair structure, but not as soft as Western/Nordic hair). I always have to blow dry my hair after washing, since it is so thick and long it can actually cause fungus on my scalp if I do not dry it properly (because of the dampness that gets stuck in my hair).The problem is that my hair will feel dry, static and frizzy after blow-drying, and Moroccan Oil really mends my hair and makes it "calm down". After using it, I have experienced less split ends and dryness on the ends. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

It smells AMAZING I adore the scent of this hair oil, but for me is it just 'okay' it's not really amazing or really bad. It feels good and smooth when I put it through my hair it gets rid of any knots really well, but the next day my hair just feels iky and feels like it needs washing I won't be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dlonewolf

Morroccanoil is definitely not the worth the hype that surrounds it, it isn't worth the price that is is retailed for, and more over my hair saw little improvement over the course of 6 months. I have used many better hair oils better than this, and this one for me came in the lower percentile. Check my full review with pictures on my blog here: http://samanthaaoki.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/moroccanoil-treatment-light.html

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moroccan Oil has been touted as a miracle product for the past few years. When it finally became available in Hong Kong, I hesitated because of the crazy price of over HK $400 (US $50) a bottle. Finally, on a really bad hair day, I weakened.

Well, I have to say Iím kind of underwhelmed. It makes my hair shiny, soft and easy to comb through, but it doesn't stop it from waving up in the humidity or help it to keep a style longer. I'm not wild about the scent either, although everyone else raves about it. It's not a strong smell, kind of nutty, but there's just some unpleasant undertone that I can't quite put my finger on. It definitely smells very different from the pure argan oil Iíve used before.

If you do want to use this, one trick I've found is to decant it from the large pump bottle into a small tinted dropper bottle, like the ones for facial serum, to better control the amount you dispense and not waste any product. It also keeps the entire bathroom from smelling of Moroccan Oil. Used this way, I think I will have enough oil to last for at least a year (sigh). I have however found a secondary use for this product Ė itís great for dry cuticles and adding extra gloss on top of a manicure. Iíve heard it can also be used to pre-oil hair to prevent dryness during a colour treatment.

As others have commented, this is not a natural product but a silicone serum with argan oil added as a hero ingredient. However, the natural oils Iíve tried such as camellia and pure argan oil are not as effective in adding shine or controlling flyaways, although they do help a lot with dryness and poufy hair. It all depends on what youíre after.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by summerseabreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does Moroccan oil smell good? Yes!
Does it make my hair feel good? YES!!

...So then why would I not buy it again? Well, as a girl who's increasingly turning to natural and organic (food & hair/skincare) - think green tea, blueberries and grasswheat each AM, I can't justify using this with the amount of 'feel-good' silicones in here (the main 3 ingredients). In the long run 'cones are bad for your hair as they seal the cuticles and prevent moisture from entering. So maybe the Argan oil in this will help, right? Nooo unfortunately, there isn't enough of it in here to make a difference (5th ingredient down).

Better buying your own Argan oil (making sure it from a reputable supplier - 'Essence of Morocco' is my fave online) or using M.oil just on the odd special occasion (as admittedly I will do!). Or better still use something that'll actually make a difference to your hair in the long run so that 'hair cosmetics' aren't required any longer! My pick would be Divine Herbal hair oil - simultaneously stopped my hair loss and naturally conditioned/repaired my hair, without any 'cones or chemicals. Pricey (when you include shipping to the states) but worth it!

Love the cute M.Oil bottle. Just a shame about the not-so-natural ingredients. Won't be a repurchase for me..

For those who haven't seen the ingredients list, here you go:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kramsey111

Love this hair oil! I have fine/medium dyed blonde hair and it can get very dry. This oil makes it feel soft and healthy. It is expensive but it does lasts ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Best hair oil ever used. Leaves hair silky and smelling great. Controls my frizziness.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by EyesandMind

This product (Moroccan Oil Treatment) was a huge disappointment for me..Considering all the great reviews & $40.00 price tag. It did nothing for my hair after blow drying..Still had lots of frizz, weared my hair down, and even felt sticky after a while...I washed it out that same night to get the "gunk" feel off my hair..Argan Oil mixed with Silicones does not agree with my hair at all..Next day, after shampooing and conditioning, I used an all natural Jojoba Oil (dirt cheap at Vitamin Shoppe) before blow drying, and had wayyy better results..Hair felt softer and shinier..Unfortunately, this product is going straight into the garbage after only ONE use...never again!..too expensive, and wayyy too over hyped!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave in to the hype and the positive reviews about Moroccan Oil. I have fine but thick hair. Unfortunately, for me, all this oil could do was weigh my hair down. I used an appropriate amount, very little, and still, my hair would respond in limp locks. I was extremely disappointed.
For the price of this oil, I was expecting miracles. It didn't control frizzies other than weighing them down, which isn't controlling them. I would use it after shampooing, before blow-drying. Perhaps because I am a blonde, it's not a product for me, but after attempting to use it in various ways, on wet hair, on dry hair, as a hair mask before shampooing, I finally returned the bottle and said see-ya to Moroccan Oil. I've found other hair products/oils that are more beneficial for my hair and natural that I've liked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, gorgeous product, which makes hair smell divine, without weighing it down, and if applied when hair is wet, makes it much easier to brush, dry and style. If applied when hair is dry, it gives a nice shine.... but I absolutely cannot justify the price! It's a wonderful product, but for me it isn't £30+ worth of wonderful. Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse does the same job for a tenner cheaper.