Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara

3.2

on 7/24/2010 6:08:00 AM

this clumps like crazy, dont waste your money

on 7/11/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I did not like thia mascara at all. I purchased it at Walgreens for about 7 dollars and I basically wasted 7 dollars lol. The wand's bristles are short and the mascara formula is thick so when you pull the wand out, the mascara is already clumpy on the brush. And of course, when I applied it to my eyelashes it clumped. The only reason I gave this product a 2 instead of a 1 is because the color is very dark which I liked and it did give me some volume...clumpy volume. I won't buy this again.

on 4/26/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For the 1st I try I really h.a.t.e it, bt then after fiew days, I know the secret trick, I hate the big brush such a waste on my tinny thin lashes, my eye lid also got painted by it, so, I apply it like 'tap' it frm bottom to end of my lash, and a lil shaking movement to the right-left so it won't get into spider lash, dnt repeat before it get dry, n don't watch them to get dry haha u will b disappointed cuz tat, and after fiew minutes (when u dnt watch them dry) it will b looked longer n volumized, it is a great result IMO cuz it not having primer before the real black mascara. I hate primer mascara cuz can't paint it black perfectly. Remember, don't watch them dry, and u will have great result! I think it makin the lash 'blow' by time to make it volumized.

I LOOOVE THIS MASCARA.
no other mascara can do what this one does! it's absolutely incredible for the BOTTOM lashes..i don't particularly like it for my top lashes (rimmel sexy curves or cg lashblast does a better job) but it's still perfect if you aren't a fan of wearing eyeliner in your waterline during the day but you still want a little somethin somethin on your bottom lashes. most mascaras make my bottom lashes look spidery..and that is the worst possible thing, i'd rather wearing no mascara than have spidery lashes!

another thing... i've had the same tube for about a year (i know not very sanitary to use the same mascara for a year) but it has not dried up and the formula hasn't changed one bit.

This is great mascara. I tend to put a few layers on for a dramatic effect when I really want my eyes to pop.

on 3/29/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I didnt have any problems with clumping, in fact this was by far THE WORST MS I have ever used. I'm usually not that blunt with it but I was so disappointed. It was so dry so i don't see how it would clump because nothing barely came out of it, my lashes look basically the same; so its def a natural look. It didn't enhance them or give them any volume, or wait maybe thats why they didnt put the e on the volume becuz it doesnt enhance and give you that extra oommmph. But I gave it a 3 for packaging quality because Maybelline always makes the cutest mascaras. N.tway this one wasnt for me and I am still searching for my hg mascara for everyday use ='(.
P.S. I would not suggest anyone buy this it would be a waste of $6+.

on 3/29/2010 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

sigh... in two hours in an air-conditioned room, I looked like a panda... 'nuff said. The wand is okay though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't have problems with this clumping on me,but alot of product does come out on the end of the wand. I just wipe it off.Clumpy mascara to me is when the brush has so much formula caked on it that you can see globs of it hanging off.The formula on this one is spread evenly on the wand,but it's SO dry and left my lashes hard. I like big brushes for volume and this is a good size.It adds volume and "fans out" my lashes.It layers well and plays well with other mascaras,but I'm just not crazy about the very dry formula.I didn't buy the waterproof,but even my waterproof makeup remover won't take this stuff off.I think my lashes are becoming brittle from this............

on 3/7/2010 10:45:00 PM

This mascara adds great volume and good length. I got this in very black and it is like ink black! Only downside and why I wouldn't repurchase is that it FLAKES like crazy!!! Takes a while to dry, which is fine, but the flaking is just not acceptable!

Volume Express Turbo Boost (and Volume Express) are Maybelline's best volumising mascaras - hands down. I love the cute packaging and the easy comfortable way that I can hold the brush (sort of like when you're writing with the perfect pen). My lashes look big n bold n beautiful and I have to say that for a quarter of the price of Chanel, Dior and Lancome, it does an excellent job at achieving the "dramatic lash" effect (but not YSL, YSL is in a league of its own :)