Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer Pencil

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Polyethylene Teraphthalate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, C30 45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Polyurethane 11, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), D&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000)

on 8/16/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have naturally oily lids, so it is often very difficult for me to find a liner that stays put for several hours without bleeding into my eyes. For the last three years, Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir has been my go-to liner; and though I have periodically strayed to use a different eyeliner, I always go back to this. First of all, unlike most waterproof liners, it glides on like a dream--almost comparable to that of a liquid liner. Also, it makes a nice clean line instead of gapping in the outer corner of your lids like most liners tend to do. Rimmel Exaggerate has a built-in sharpener and easily twists up to your prefered size for application, eliminating the need for a separate pencil sharpener. There is also a smudger attached to the end of the pencil, but because I do not like to purposely smudge my liner, I cannot vouch for its effectiveness. Overall, my favorite aspect of this eyeliner is its dirt cheap price. I have picked it up at drugstores for less than $4 on several occasions, and it can be purchased online for as low as $3.30. When it comes to waterproof, Rimmel keeps its promise. Whenever I wash my face at the end of the day, the liner on my top lids is still intact and will only come off with baby oil or my makeup remover. Though I DEFINITELY recommend this product, I had to deduct one lippie and an overall rating point for this liner's inevitable ability to smudge. While the liner will usually stay put on your top lids if you do not rub them, it ALWAYS bleeds into the crease under my eyes after four or so hours of wear. On days that I have school, I have to go into the bathroom in the mid afternoon, wipe the liner from beneath my eyes, and apply some concealer to get rid of the darkness. However, I wear a lot of liner on my bottom lid, so those of you who simply line your water line with this will be just fine. Also, if you apply a little bit of eye primer to your bottom lid (which I have been doing recently), this keeps the liner from bleeding off. In conclusion, this is my favorite eye liner, both because of its price and quality. But you MUST keep your hands away from your eyes.

on 7/31/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. I have it in colour precious gold & i really love it for both summer & winter. I keep the eye simple when using this eyeliner.
I know its a waterproof liner so it needs to live up to its name however the only minus about this product is ITS SOOOOOO HARD TO REMOVE. I feel like my eyes have been thru a war after removing this product.

on 7/11/2010 1:19:00 AM

I bought this in black. I love it because it stays put, even in this summer heat! It's also extremely cheap, like $4-$5 :)

on 6/22/2010 8:51:00 PM

Oh man! This stuff is so great. I can't get it to come off even by asking nicely.
I've got it in grey, slate blue, purple and black and they're all pretty good. I find the black goes on easier than the coloured ones do but this might just be because I use the black the most.

on 5/23/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure if it's because I bought the purple and gold colors but this is so hard to apply onto the waterline. It leaves chunks of product when applied and it just does not glide on properly. Plus the smudge stick separates from the casing, so I can't even use that. Maybe the black color is more versatile?

EDIT: I've used the gold/bronzey color during the summer and it seems to work a lot better on warmer days. The purple color is still not my preferred purple eyeliner to put on just because of its odd magenta color. I would suggest rubbing the whole pencil in your hands when it's cold. It's pretty smooth and shows on my waterline now.

on 3/18/2010 4:27:00 PM

I have this in black. I love it! It stays on my waterline better than UD 24/7.

on 3/12/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my new HG. I am a longtime user of the urban decay 24/7. Recently I found myself at Ulta about to purchase another one when I realized it comes a time when $17 just seems a little too much for an eyeliner. So I was brousing around came across this and decided to give it a try since I am loving Rimmel products right now. It is amazing. First of all it last just as long if not longer than the 24/7. Does nt smudge and it comes with a little sharpener. The only downside is that this eyeliner may not be easy to come by.There was only one left in black when I purchased this. No other colors. I have also not been able to find this at my local drugstore. So good luck finding one depending where you live. But if you can get your hands on one...stock up!

on 3/8/2010 6:58:00 PM

I have Sable (brown) and Mocha (brown shimmer). My favorite eyeliner! Creamy, soft, smudgy, lasting on the waterline. Need.More.Colors.

on 3/8/2010 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in black and it is my fave eyeliner so far! It glides on smoothly and stays on longer than others I've tried. It has a nifty sharpener which is nice. Only downsides are the smudger, which actually ends up erasing all of it and kind of tugs on the eyes, and the amount of product that's in it. But nonetheless I think I would buy it again.

on 3/6/2010 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this eyeliner. It's the only drugstore eyeliner I have used that really stays on the entire day and gives a nice color. About nine times out of ten it lasts all day without smudging. The color is bold and applies smooth. The tip of the eyeliner also has a smudger and a sharpener. Best of all it's not expensive either!