MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.4

on 11/16/2011 9:10:00 PM

Gorgeous colour! In fact, I wore this on my wedding day a few years ago. Really great for every day wear. This and the sadly discontinued 'Cyndi' are favourites of mine. I find it's very moisturising. The colour doesn't last all day by any means but I don't mind reapplying when I need to. The shade is what matters most to me and this one's lovely. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 11/13/2011 7:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Can't say how much I love this color. When I don't want to go super bold but still have a bright coral color on my lip, this is what I usually wear during Summer.

It looks very pinkish coral on my pigmented lips and against my NW15, which I absolutely love. Orange corals don't look good on me. I can just wear this with some eyeliner and blush and I get a look that works for day and night (just make the eyeliner a little more dramatic for nighttime).

The only problem I have with it is the way it wears off. I can't just reapply. I usually have to wipe it off and then reapply. And it bleeds a little on my lips, but that's honestly minor complaining that I can totally live with. I love this color.

on 11/5/2011 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the colour, it is a good mix of coral and pink. However I hate the texture, it is too creamy and budges way too easily. It doesn't stay on the lips and it won't stain. If you blot it, it disappears.

I wish MAC would come up with a matte version of this colour.

on 11/1/2011 7:51:00 PM

I just found the perfect lipstick for me. I love the consistency, texture and most of all the beautiful Peach/Pink color. It literally brightens up my face and is so creamy. I wish of course that it wasn't Limited Edition:*(. You know MAC, right when you love something they discontinue it,LOL.

on 10/6/2011 6:13:00 PM

I bought this lipstick when the first warm days of the year came and I had an obession about coral lips.
I went to MAC and bought it right awaoy. I cannot believe I haven't noticed that one before! Never heard of it. Totally underestimated product. Beautiful colour for summer, I keep on using it in autumn, with Melba Blush and sometimes with with some Lychee Luxe lipglass over it, which I bought together with the lipstick.
The only think I don't like is
that in my opinion it bleeds like crazy, it melts off my lips in minutes. I tried to keep it in place with REDD lipliner, used a brush or pushed it in with my finger like a stain, but I can't make it last. Normally I don't care much about staying power, but with this one, it is particularly annoying.
It's the only cremesheen I have besides Creme d'Nude. Maybe it's the finish.

on 9/25/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favourite MAC coral lipstick! In fact my favourite coral lipstick period. I wear this to college - it's definitely a lipstick you can wear to work or school without worrying about standing out much. Much love for the cremesheen formula too, creamy, not drying, pigmented - pretty much the perfect lippy!! Go buy or at least test it out when you're next hitting the shops!!

best summer color. cant describe if its more coral or red. bit its a wearable lipstick.

on 9/19/2011 6:57:00 PM

This a great lipstick. I would say that the color is equal parts red, pink and coral. This is a rather bright color yet at the same time it isn't loud or garish. I wear this during the day and also at night. The formula is nice and is easy to apply lightly or build up the color. I love how this instantly brightens my face.

on 9/15/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this shade of coral. It's a more wearable and muted version of Vegas Volt and a slightly pinker version of VG Cyndi, at least on my nc42 (summer) and pigmented lips. It instantly brightens up my complexion and even makes the color of my eyes pop. I wear this on a night out, especially when I do a simply eye makeup. It's an awesome summer color but I wear it all year round regardless of season. This is a cremesheen formula that last 5 hrs on my lips w/out eating or drinking and even after fading it leaves a slight coral stain behind. Love!

on 8/16/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After trying NARS Niagara, I opted to find a cheaper alternative... that's how I came across "CROSSWIRES". I did alot of research beforehand and it's known to give a "pinky coral" color. I'm an olive skin tone (NC35-40) with pigmented lips (and speaking for myself), this color is pretty HOWEVER way too much for me. I think because it's a creamsheen, it really does give you a pop of color. However you want to wear your lipsticks - if you love the bold pop, then "crosswires" is great for you; but if you want a simple coral shade, I say go for "see sheer". On my pigmented lips, "crosswires" is definitely the "red lipstick" of all coral lipsticks. It's more reddish orange-coral for me than it is pinky coral. It's a pretty color but I don't know if this is something I would wear everyday. It's a bold reddish-coral for me.

EDIT: I moved it up from 3-4 lipsticks :) I really love this lipstick. It's a settle coral that makes a statement. It is definitely a red coral. MAC's Lady Danger is also a red coral BUT it's much brighter and bolder than this one. I love crosswires :)

Popular Lipsticks