April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by marinevd

I was on the hunt for a darker nude lipstick (i have mac creme de nude, gosh darling) and finally found it. At first i was scared it would be too dark, and would not suit me, but it's so pretty. On me it's a pinky nude, very glossy and makes my lips look fuller!! Makes me wanna try another rouge volupté, i already have my eyes on lingerie pink :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

Love Yves Saint Laurent! This shade is a perfect peachy nude, as opposed to just 'nude', which is simply wonderful! The packaging is very detailed and probably the most intricate I have ever seen, like most other YSL products! And the best part is that it has SPF in it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by leahuang225

I really wanted to love this! Texture was great (not long lasting tho), packaging was top knotch, unfortunately the color was not a match for me. Rather than being "nude", this was more of just a pale pink on my lips. Although my skin is fairly light, it does have a slight yellow understone which did not match with the lipstick's color at all; ended up just washing me out. If they could come out with a nude color that's actually a little more beige than pink, i might repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear almost exclusively red, or close to red lipsticks. This is the only nude lipstick I've found that I actually like myself in! I can't really compare it to any Mac colors as I've never gone though with a Mac nude lipstick purchase, I've tried a few over the years, walked around the mall, decided I looked dead and never went back to make the purchase.

I actually bought Guerlain's Rogue G Guerlinade with high hopes, but after about a month of trying it, and hating it, ended up returning it (to Neiman Marcus no less, and you KNOW how much they don't like to take returns if its not asap!)

I do wear a nude lip pencil with this, and even though it may not be the longest wearing color in the Rouge Volupte series, its not as big of a deal to me, when the color is lighter than my lips, rather than darker.

The color is flattering on me, I feel it looks sophisticated. The SA who helped me (I came back a couple of times to try) was insistent that it really was a winner, and I'm glad I listened to her!

I plan to review the other shades I own, but I feel I should mention it with each review that it really helps to not swivel the lipstick out beyond about 1/16" (.158cm) just barely past the end. I've never had one break, but can understand, due to the creamy consistency, how it could happen very easily if extended out very much past the tube end.

I don't generally use a lip brush with the nude shade, and use the lip pencil more for definition, rather than to keep the lipstick from bleeding. However, with the red shades, it is good to use the lip brush for the initial application, touch ups are fine to just use the tube because one doesn't really need to go to the very border of lips for color renewing throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm kind of apathetic about this, which makes me conclude that it really isn't worth the price tag. True the texture is creamy and goes on super easily, but close up, I don't think the formula looks that smooth on the lips. I feel like it's almost too creamy. The color is fine for a pale pink nude, it's just that MAC and other brands have the same color with a way better price tag, and better texture. I just don't think this is worth it. Overhyped. I do like the fact that it's heavy and has a little mirror though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first Rouge Volupte lipstick but it definitely won't be my last. Nude Beige is a great color - a great nude pink on my NW15 skin. It is very smooth and moisturising. I don't find that it's extremely long lasting but I don't mind re-applying. I still get a few hours from one application. It's expensive but the packaging is to die for and well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I adore Rouge Volupte lipsticks. Nude Beige is a great color, comparable on me to MAC's Hue. It has a great taste that doesn't linger, and goes on so easily - actually, almost TOO easily. It's a snap to use way too much product, or apply just a bit too much pressure and ruin the lipstick. The staying power isn't the best, but it's very moisturizing and still a great color. It is definitely expensive, but the tube is so chic to take out of your makeup bag, and even has a mirror on top of each tube to make on-the-go application a piece of cake. Since I only use a bit of this at a time (that's all that's needed), I will definitely continue to repurchase, despite the hefty price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I think this is great lipstick.. It goes on buttery..even softer than my various lip balms. My only complaints: the staying power sucks and so does the price. Its a bit over $30 and that's a crapload of money...considering that tjhey don't give you too much product. But it certainly is a luxury item. The packaging is nice..this nude has a pink tint to it which is so much more prettier and wearible than ysl rouge #2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been searching and searching for an understated "nude" look that would work on my lips for about a year now. I asked the lovely ladies of MUA for suggestions and I was told to try MAC Hue and this. I bought both, and I find that this wins out over MAC Hue. Yes, this color is a very light pink, not a true beige, but for me (pale with pink undertones) what I need for a nude look that I can wear is a very light pink since beige looks like the dreaded concealor lip on me. This color is exactly what I was looking for, and topped with a similar colored gloss it is sexy yet understated and goes with any eye look. The lipstick itself is decadent, creamy, pigmented and glides on like a dream. I did like MAC Hue color-wise, but application wise this is so much creamier and smoother, plus this doesn't dry out my lips as I find Hue does. The packaging for this lipstick is, of course, a work of art and I do relish taking it out for touchups, but along with that (and all of the other wonderful things about it) is the price: it's insane (particularly for me as I bought it at the Sephora in Union Square: $37). I only caved when I felt like I could not find anything comparable to it, so, would I buy again? Yes, but I would have to wait for my tax return to come in again. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by jillianliqi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

wanted to buy something thats more moisturizing than my mac angel since i've hit the bottom...and i also wanted something slightly more yellow in terms of undertone but still on the blue side in general. THIS IS PERFECT. i was deciding between this and mac creme cup but this is DEFINITELY FAR BETTER in terms of colour..im really fair so a slight change of undertone makes a whole lot of difference :D