October 22, 2014 | 991 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Bad Gal Plum Mascara features a big, thick brush coated in a deep plum shade. Benefit's website describes the mascara on their website, saying, "Our rich, luxurious plum mascara intensifies your natural eye color while lushifying your lashes." Lushifying?

The color may look a little scary to some but I thought it would be flattering for my hazel eyes. Typically colored mascaras do not look as intense when applied as they do in the tube and Bad Gal Plum is no exception. In fact, it doesn't look plum or purple at all. It just looks like a cheap black mascara! Very disappointing. I didn't find that the mascara brought out the colors of my eyes or had any flattering effects.

I also have a bone to pick with the wand and formula of Bad Gal Plum Mascara. The wand is big, which is usually better for creating volume than length. I prefer small wands as length is my issue but that's a personal preference. However, it's just too big to really coat your lashes. Little volume is added and I found the formula way too drying. Not "lushifying" at all! Overall, I was disappointed in this mascara. It's a decent price for a higher end mascara ($19) and seems like a fun addition to any makeup collection. Yet the product doesn't do what Benefit promises and hardly measures up to even cheap drugstore mascaras. My hunt for the perfect mascara continues! This one's going in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Babykatie7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got the BADgal Plum and Badgal Black lash mascaras in a set from my local Ulta. After hearing so many positive remarks from a makeup guru, allthatglitters21 on youtube i considered this product. At ulta they sold them as a set to save around 11$, a pretty good deal to me. I was very excited to try them considering the positive remarks, I was beyond greatly disappointed. The plum is a very pretty color, it claims it enhances eye color but did nothing to my hazel eyes. The formula was very dry and did nothing to affect my lenght, curl, or volume. I could have gotten a drugstore brand for a cheap price and better quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Coco4311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample size of this mascara, and have never tried any of the Bad Gal full size versions, but I was under the impression they were supposed to make my eyelashes look thick and sexy. Full disclaimer: I do not naturally have naturally long, thick lashes, but they are nowhere near short and stumpy and I never have a problem making them look awesome with regular Maybelline Great Lash. I desperately wanted this beautifully colored plum mascara to make my lashes look sexy and bring out the color of my eyes, but it really falls short. The brush doesn’t seem to pick up much product, and it adds very subtle definition to the lashes themselves, so little that I feel that the plum color barely has a chance to work its magic. Even if I try to use the end of the want to add more product first and then spread it out with the mascara brush, it does not do anything special. Maybe the problem stems from it being a sample size, but the applicator seems to be comparable to the pictures of the full-size ones, so I doubt that this is the problem. Unfortunate. I really wanted to like this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The color of this mascara is SO pretty. It is neither too subtle (other purple mascara's I have tried are so suble that they just look black, even when looked at close-up, and I have a hard time believing that they really do anything to enhance my eye color. This one does not LOOK purple from a distance (I think that would be creepy) but if looked at closely, it is definitely a pretty plum-y shade, and I believe that this product will make green or brown eyes pop out. Also, the brush is fairly dense and applies the mascara fairly well. On the downside, the actual formula (as with their original "bad gal" lash product) is very flaky/prone to clumping, which is unfortunate since this is the best purple mascara (hue wise) that I have encountered. The brush could maybe be used to better apply a different, cheaper, mascara, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by st3phanierae

I got a free sample of the BadGal mascara in blue and decided to give the plum color a try as well. Even though I have black lashes it still colors my lashes purple, but if you are looking for a dramatic purple lash, it really doesn't provide that. I also wish this product was offered in a waterproof version (got stuck in a heavy rainstorm one afternoon and it got EVERYWHERE) because if it were, I would totaly buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is okay, I was in love with the high end benefit mascaras until i had an epiphany and realized that my old reliable pink and green maybelline great lash was better. These benefit mascaras flake sooooo badly. Even my boyfriend would point out the tiny flakes on my cheeks after just a few hours of wear. not cool. I do like this color, however and i haven't found a cheaper alternative. It looks gorgeous with my maybelline lasting drama eyeliner in eggplant!! if you haven't tried these yet you should! I think i'll buy it again when i run out just so that i have somthing to wear with my wonderful eggplant liner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has a really nice brush but the product itself is only ok. It does very little to add length or fullness (not asking for both, just one or the other). The color is a nice change but doesn't help to define my eyes. My guess is that it works better with some eye colors. It just doesn't add much to ones that are blue-grey with yellow flecks. And, the biggest downside, it smudges. After 6 hours I had plum rings under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color of this is just so pretty! I got a mini-tube of this recently and I can't get over how gorgeous the color of this is! I have dark brown eyes & am just loving this mascara. I tend to buy drugstore mascaras b/c they're cheaper but the color of this is just too pretty to miss out on and I haven't seen any comparable offerings from the drugstore lines. I think I may have to splurge for a full-size tube of this. *sigh* I think this is the first Benefit item that has really just bowled me over!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by GeeJocUrGOLD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. I have not found a mascara that matches the pigment quality of this. It's a perfect match for MUFE AquaEyes eyekiner in burgundy 18L. I know this cuz I walked around Sephora and tested about a million eyeliners on my hand to find the match. Skip BadGal black, nothing impressive that you can't find elsewhere possibly cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I have greenish blue eyes so I thought a plum would be pretty. The color from this mascara was nice, however, the formula was nothing great. I don't get much length or volume from this. I have tried using it over other mascaras for a hint of color but stopped because the major problem with this mascara is that it tends to smear throughout the day. I don't usually have a problem with mascara doing this but this stuff does, and due to the color I think it looks even worse than when black mascara smears because it left purplish maroon smears around my eyes which makes it look like I got punched in the eyes or have red, irritated eyes. I actually scared myself, because I applied this in the morning, looked in the mirror in the afternoon and thought something bad was happening with my eyes until I figured out what was causing the unhealthy look.