Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 10/20/2011 5:42:00 PM

This stuff smudges like crazy! It goes on really smooth and has good pigmentation but I wore it on my waterline and it transferred on my lower lashline within an hour or so. I do not recommend this, unless you're going for the raccoon-eyed look.

on 10/4/2011 7:43:00 PM

I agree with the people on here who say that it smudges really easily, but I wear a lot of eyeliner anyway, so it's not really noticeable to anyone but me. This is easily my favorite eyeliner and I would definitely buy it again.

on 10/2/2011 11:12:00 AM

I bought this years ago when it came out. Back then it was a great liner, soft, a very thin tip (not the same as it is now) and it didnt smudge. I bought it again because i had a voucher. wow bad mistake, maybelline chnaged the formula and this thing sucks. Yes its really soft and goes on so well, but within an hour dark circles under my eyes and its smudges and within a few hours you look like a racoon and its all come off. The only want to make this liner work is when i brush some dark powder over it, then it kind of sets it, but thats an extra task i dont want to do. DOnt buy, its its crap and not worth it. There are better eyeliners out there.. My all time fave is AUstralis!

on 9/30/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ive been using this eyeliner for 3 years and i love it. I wouldnt recommend buying ebony black because its way too dark. Stick with soft black or brown and you'll like this eyeliner a lot better. It stays on for a pretty decent amount of time, but remember its a cheap eyeliner so its not going to be the best in the world. For a drugstore eyeliner this will probably be the best one you will buy.

on 9/25/2011 8:56:00 PM

This eyeliner smudges really easily, even with the UDPP. It creases on my top lid and smudges out on the bottom. The formula is just too creamy for my liking. It's also not long lasting at all... considering all the smudging after only about 3 hours. I would not buy this again.

I should've read the reviews on this product before, but I didn't think it was hard to make a good eyeliner. I had to find all gluten-free makeup products and this being one of two store brand gluten-free eyeliners, I chose this one. I like that it is retractable and looked similar to all the ones I've used in the past. Like others have said, it does not stay on well at all, also it goes on like I'm a goth having a field day. Also, my eyes felt like they were burning after wearing it. I would not buy this eyeliner again.

on 8/28/2011 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use on my lower lash line and it fades extremely quickly and makes my under eye area look dark. Won't be buying this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It looks amazing and I was able to apply it to my waterline but the problem is that it smudges too quickly so you keep having to reapply it which is a real pain, let me tell ya. :(

on 8/7/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This liner is retractable. It has a smudger tip/sharpener. That's about all for its redeeming qualities. I found that this liner had no staying power. It did not stay on my waterline and could be easily smudge (even with primers). It was cheap, and I got what I paid for. I would not recommend.

on 7/29/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I had happily been using this product for several years in both the black and brown/black colors. The product was packaged in a solid color pencil stick - all black for the black pencil and all brown for the brown pencil. About a year ago Maybelline changed the packaging to a green pencil with either a back or brown cap. At that time they also appear to have changed the formula. The black now smears within am hour of application and I wind up looking like a racoon. The brown is barely adequate. Unfortunately I bought several on a 2 for 1 sale and now have unusable pencils clogging my makeup drawer.