September 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Mineral Foundation Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by bloou

I love this brush! Super soft and DENSE! The only con is the price, but I have a feeling it will last for a long time. It's synthetic so it's cruelty free, which is a great! It buffs mineral foundation well and feels so good on my face. This also comes in a smaller size for blush. I love that one as well and I feel like it is denser than this. It's sad though that there are no reviews for that one, yet. The blush kabuki gets 5 stars as well. Love these two!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For softness, hardiness and value for money, this synthetic Kabuki brush is the way to go! I've lots of expensive high end Kabuki brushes (MAC, MUFE, Bobbi Brown, Chanel etc) but this is the one I reach for every day. However high quality they are, natural bristles just don't match the softness of this humble buffer Kabuki brush. Even if natural hair brushes feel soft on the side when they're stroked across your face, when you buff using the actual flat or rounded head of a natural hair Kabuki brush (the "working" surface) they all end up feeling a bit abrasive or scratchy. But not this one.

I love this brush because it's relatively cheap, sturdy and easily available. I hate having to bend over backwards to pander to expensive brushes. Wash carefully, shape the bristles.... yawn. Whilst I might not chuck my brushes around the street like a hockey puck, I still want to be able to use them every day, wash them once a week hygenically in warm water and detergent , leave to dry overnight and come to use them in the morning. There are all these rules for expensive brushes: don't let the water seep into the ferrule, dry upside down, reshape the brushes when damp, use a brush guard, don't hurt its feelings, buy it chocolates and roses.......I don't wanna be tiptoing around my make-up brushes worried that they're gonna get their feelings hurt like some precious diva.

This brush is sturdy, holds up well and after two years of weekly washing is still going strong. No special arrangements. I use it to apply and blend liquid foundation and it's the best foundation brush EVER. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear, a tenacious beast which would damage the bristles of lesser brushes but The Body Shop's Mineral Kabuki brush performs admirably. It's a no-brainer, high performer.

It does occasionally shed hairs but nothing that bothers me and after two years it's still full and dense. I reckon it'll last at least another two years (probably even more, who knows?) and then I'll be happy to have got my money's worth and repurchase in the future. One minor gripe is that the plastic wallet it comes in is a lousy carrying case. To be honest, if I was the Body Shop, I would save plastic and not bother with it.

Pick up the blusher brush in the same range, it's just as good with a smaller head for cream blushes/highlighters/bronzers.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by teebubbly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The price is so not cute, but ya it soft and big n round.. It's great for having mineral powder on to ur face, but I won't buy it againt cuz it's too pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by canadiangirl7861

great nice soft brush, got it for $25 CAD, much cheaper then other kabuki brushes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by snowwhitte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I looove this brush, it is so soft against my skin. this brush is easy to maintain as well. just swirl it unto the water filled with a little bit of face cleanser, rinse it and wipe it back and forth against dry towel, and lay it down on the side to let it dry. when i first washed it, i was so worried the shape wld change, but it did not. it springs back to its original round shape. i have been using it for over 6 months and after several washes, the bristle never shed one bit. i love love love this brush..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by GreenDragonfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best synthetic brush ever. Incredibly soft and my skin is so sensitive it needs to be SOFT. I love just touching it! My mineral makeup glides on smooth and the brush, now 2 years old is as awesome as the day I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Phuongthaovnhn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, it is my favourite brush: soft, work well. Nothing to complain about!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by avemaria

tis is the best brush i have ever used.it felt like myself very soft. it is little expensive but still worth of the money

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Body Shop brushes are truly amazing all round, but their kabukis are really special. This one along with the rest of their brushes (both mineral brushes and normal brushes) are incredibly soft. I don't really like some of the Mac face brushes because they are so stiff and they scratch my sensitive skin, but the Body Shop brushes are gentle on my face. Sometimes they don't pick up enough powder, but if you blend properly they do deposit powder evenly. You just have to be careful to blend and buff so it looks even! I love that they are cruelty-free and that they wash so well! After I wash them they just spring back to their original shape and texture. Just remember with this one to dry it upside-down because you don't want the water seeping back into the short handle. I can't really fault it though. They wash better than the Ecotools even. This one is great to buff out any harsh lines and make your bronzer or blush look more polished and blended. Their bronzing kabuki is also really amazing, just has more surface area and great to bigger areas or if you want to add a light dusting of bronzer to your entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by crystal9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is such an amazingly soft dense kabuki. i can't say anything bad about it.... if i HAD to though, it's too dense and big that it can't get in the corners of my face (like on the side of nose).. but kabukis aren't really meant for that anyways. so still 5 out of 5!