July 29, 2014 | 1968 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

I like this foundation a lot, it gives good coverage (not too much, not too little) and generally doesn't budge. I sometimes think the colors are a little limited as there isn't one that is absolutely perfect for my skin. It isn't oily at all, but can be a challenge to apply in large patches (it seems to not want to "move" after putting it on...I apply all my makeup with my fingers). When this is done I won't re-purchase but will try a different brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by 4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Porcelain Ivory is ALMOST as light as I am. That's where the good stuff stops. This product DOES CONTAIN A CHEMICAL SUNSCREEN. It is the third ingredient. The sales people do not even know this & falsely advertise this product by saying it doesn't. Given the cancer risk assoc. w/ chem. sunscreens, & how they can cause acne & irritation, I will not be buying this product. Otherwise, terribly thick & MASK LIKE. Way too much COVERAGE for someone with really good skin. Maybe can be cut with water? Toner? Not for me though.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by blushedivory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. I sometimes get blemishes and this covers them up perfectly. My skin is sensitive and I did not break out from this. The color fits fright to my skin and feels like I have nothing on! I love the packaging, the pump is so sanitary. Overall, this is an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

This is the only foundation I will use, I can't live without it! I have very sensitive & oily skin, prone to breakouts. I have used this foundation for about 4 years & receive a lot of compliments. I do not find it 'gel like', nor does it change colour on my skin throughout the day. I do not cake it on, I just use it where I need coverage & find it very natural looking. It is expensive, but I only need one pump per application, so it lasts me about 6 months. I apply it with my fingers once I have warmed it up on the back of my hand.It is worth it. It washes off easily and doesn't clog up my skin. I have tried mineral make ups and other brands but they all irritate and cause break outs. Give it a go!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So, so sad. The color and consistency were perfect for my prevously oily, but more combo skin. However, I am extremely clog prone and this really messed me up. Darn. DARN! I tried it for about a month, broke out, then stopped for around 6weeks to heal. Then, like an idiot, I tried it again. Another month and I have some serious blackheads on my cheeks and along the sides of my face. This is the only thing new for me, so it can't be anything else. So, I guess I'm still looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by prettycupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure if It is completely my HG. Perfect match for colour its like my second skin (im wearing SUNNY BEIGE) nc30 in mac. but feels like it doesnt Control my oily skin and not give me a matte finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation for several reasons.
COLOR:
I bought the lightest shade porcelain ivory. It's light enough but it's also quite yellow-based whereas my skin tends to be neutral to slightly pink. It works well when my skin is irritated and has red patches but I have to be very careful to use minimal amounts because otherwise it looks ridiculous (I still don't get Bobbi Brown's yellow for all hype..why would I want to look yellow?!)
COVERAGE:
The coverage is actually pretty good, I was surprised that people complain about it. I apply less than one pump with a foundation brush and that works fine. If I apply more or try to layer it has a tendency to become cakey and just looks very yellow.
TEXTURE:
Now this is the real problem for me. As most oily-skinned gals out there I have some large pores and this stuff does nothing to soften or hide them. Also it accentuates any small expression lines around your eyes (mind you, I'm 22 years old. I don't have wrinkles!). If you have any dry patches or blemishes it'll accentuate them besides covering the redness well. I've tried about every application method there is (sponge, stippling, foundation brush, fingers...) and it doesn't solve the problem. Moisturizers and sunscreens don't help either. Don't even try to mix this with your moisturizer, it doesn't help.
CONCLUSION:
This foundation is not for me. Some days it looks perfect and it certainly feels light enough but I can't deal with its texture on the long run. I need a foundation that performs well every day no matter in what shape my skin is. I now use this for going out to cancel out any alcohol-induced redness but there certainly are better foundations out there for my skin type and problems.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this foundation, it just didn't seem to do anything for me or my skin. It seemed very light coverage (and not very buildable) and nowhere near as goods as GA's UV lasting silk. I wasn't impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Stacey11

I registered on this site because after using it for months I finally found this foundation and I def wanted to share :) . First off I have reently tried makeup forever matte velvet ,Mac and studio gear. First two broke me out completely . Studio gear was okay just got too oily. A sephora associate recommended Laura's makeup for my sensitive mid day oily skin. Ps if u are looking to get personalized attention with makeup go to a department store . Sephora just color matched me , Nordstrom actually make up my whole face three times in looking for my perfect look, plus an actual artist from Laura Mercier was the one doing my makeup. Mug more professional and attentive , not pushy and well guided me to my perfect foundation.
I wore if for the day did not get oily at all! Plus it looked so natural my boyfriend even uttered the words flawless when he saw my makeup! After one day of applying the foundation my face looked healthy and all the small bumps from makeup forevers foundation ,,, gone!! Wow! Btw I did recieve Laura's oil free foundation primer and this adds to the perfect look .. Def will purchase to wear together. Also I used my fingers and the make up still looked perfect. If u are looking for a makeup that looks great and does good for ur skin spen the extra money .. Ull be much happier :). Oh and I apologize for any typos my phone would not let me edit properly :p

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by PattyCho

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation works really well for me. You do need to use a wet sponge to apply but aside from that, it's really easy to use.
It's also the type of foundation where you can increase or decrease the amount of coverage you need.
It does not make me break out and it gives off a very natural effect.