Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

4.1

Dry Combination: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower) Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Plankton Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Creatine, Adenosine Phosphate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Sorbitol, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Micrococcus Lysate, Trehalose, Niacinamide, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cholesterol, Zeolite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Sodium Rna, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Linoleic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Lecithin, Dimethiconol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Pca, Mannitol, Isodecyl Salicylate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Polysorbate 80, Disodium Nadh, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sulfate, Maltodextrin, Ferulic Acid, Dextrin, Xanthan Gum, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/16/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've bought three tubes of this so I thought I had better write a review. I bought this on Paula Begoun's reccomendation. This has lots of antioxidants and cell communicating ingredients, apparently the most are in the dry to very dry formula. Although I haven't noticed a life changing difference as I'm still young, if I can prevent any further damage to my skin I will. Fragrance free and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. The only downfall in my eyes is the pricetag!

on 5/14/2012 5:50:00 AM

This is great stuff. It ticks all the right boxes. Packaging will keep ingredients stable during use (I wouldn't even consider a product in a jar) Any beneficial ingredients break down in the presecne of air. Full of antioxidants. Fragrance free. No artificial colours. You may notice a slight scent. it's not perfume just the natural ingredients. Different formulas for different skin types. I've used both the dry/combination and dry/very dry formulas. Both are excellent. I tend to use the dry/combo the most but sometimes in winter will use the very dry.This is not greasy, absorbs well. I can't stand these creams that stick to your pillow!! Only downside is the price, but I will keep on buying this as it works. it's very rich so it will last a while.Like everything else this will not work for everyone. But I feel it's worth a try, because if it does work for you you're onto a winner as it's full of beneficial ingredients, minus the usual irritants, alcohol, perfume etc.

on 4/18/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use the oily/combo version.

This is a great night time moisturizer. It is not too heavy but feels moisturising, does not clog pores, does not break me out... I break out easily, too.

The only thing is, it stings! I don't know if this is because of the retinoid cream I use underneath it though, maybe that is what is causing the stinging feeling; and in any event it only lasts a couple of seconds anyway so not a big deal. I like to tell myself it is the antioxidants working =P

I switch between this and Renee Rouleau Matte Moisture, I can't decide which I like better.

on 4/17/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used this for years but stopped, switching to jojoba/avocado oil over the last year. I decided to give it another go since my skin has been looking a little dull lately and thought that this might give it a nice boost. I purchased the combination dry version, which has been working out nicely. My skin feels more mosturized and I think I will keep using it.

on 4/17/2012 8:24:00 AM

I tend to come back to this moisturiser again and again during last 3 years. If to count i am using already my 7th or 8th tube.
It works Amazing together with super defence SPF 25 ( type 3,4)
The thing about Clinique is the skincare is wonderful, it really works but my skin tends to get use to regime and 3 step skin care becomes after some time not such effective. I usually switch to Clarins Multi-active but eventually start to break out and then again and again I come to Clinique to recover.
My friend once commented on my acne prone skin, that I was glowing and skin looked pore less and baby smooth like ( yeah right).
In this case all compliments to Clinique I guess. I was never involved in advertising, just hope somebody can find this comment helpful. X

on 3/31/2012 9:24:00 PM

Like the fact that this night cream came in a tube--so much more hygienic than tubs and more convenient to use. I put a thin layer on after using Origins' Plantscription Serum at night. It's quite thick and slightly greasy, but it didn't cause any break out. Gave my skin a nice moisture boost--skin feels supple and soft in the morning. Another plus is that it's a fragrance free product, so it doesn't offend my oversensitive pregnancy nose. Overall, I think it's a good basic moisturizer, but probably isn't enough for wrinkle prevention/ reduction.

on 3/29/2012 1:28:00 AM

I stared using this before bed every night this year, and my skin has improved a lot!!! I have very dry skin (i use the dry-very dry version). And have noticed when i wake up how smooth it feels, my skin texture has definitely improved :)

on 3/19/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a night moisturizer that would suit my oily skin, but most of the drugstore options seemed to be of the ultra-hydrating variety that I knew would just sit on my skin and feel oily and uncomfortable. So I went a little out of my price range because I knew that Clinique would probably have what I was looking for. The lady at the counter showed me this and I have to say it's exactly what I was after. It sinks right into my skin so I can to straight to bed after applying it without worrying about it getting all over my pillow. It immediately makes my skin feel silky smooth and hydrated but not oily. And when I wake up my skin feels perfect! It's definitely one I'll be buying again.

I love this night cream!

I have it in the oily/combination version and I love it. I layer this on top of my DDMG and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and in the morning my skin is perfection!

I have to keep myself from touching my face after applying it because it leaves me skin so soft and supple. Although none of Clinique’s products have added fragrance, I think this smells a little bit like oats. I love the packaging too because it won’t be hard to get it out since is all slides to the bottom of the tube anyway.

I will certainly repurchase again and again. Love, love, love!

on 2/11/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh wow. This one deserves a new review. I will leave my old one in the bottom as a cautionary tale for people with sensitive or acne prone skin...

So, as you can see, I wasn't very happy with this cream the first time I tried it. But because I wanted a moisturiser that did more than just hydrate and was also suited to oily skin, I decided that maybe I should give this ne another shot, because it's being recommended to me left right and centre.

This time around it actually seems to agree with my skin. No irritation, imflammation, flare-ups or breakouts. It feels nice, spreads easily, and I wake up with rested, even-looking skin. It's making me wonder if it was really this cream that was the culprit last time.

In the past two years I have been using Estée Lauder Hydrationist Lotion. It was good for getting rid of dehydration lines but I started noticing that I woke up with an oily nose and forehead and I didn't really like that. Also I feel like now that I'm approaching my mid thirties, maybe I need some antioxididants or something extra on top of just hydration.

This stuff makes me wake up with smooth skin and no oily forehead. So far so good... Gonna see where this takes me but I'm actually impressed this time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I tried this product on my hand in the shop, I could already feel it was too thick for my acne-prone skin even though the version I got it is targeted at combination and oily skin. However, the nice sales lady assured me it would not clog pores, so I decided to give in to the lure of Clinique once again. Mistake (as always)...! I gave it a 2 night trial, but after the first night I already woke up with 2 itchy bumps on my temple (and I really didn't use much of it). The day after that, there were more and they were itchier. It took all my strength not to touch them. Thankfully I saved the receipt and the box and I could take it back today without any hassle.