September 2, 2014 | 1774 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use the oily/combination version of this cream. I have slightly sensitive combination skin which has been prone to hormonal breakouts along the jaw line.

I use this both at night and during the day under my sunscreen. It feels slightly heavier than most oil-free moisturisers, but it sinks in well and does not leave my skin shiny immediately after use.

I did start using this cream at the same time as the Aesop oil free hydrating serum, so it's impossible to tell whether one has made more difference than the other, but i must say, my skin has not looked this good for a long time. It looks brighter, and the wrinkle against which i judge all lotions and potions is markedly less noticeable - not that it claims to reduce wrinkles per se, i just think my skin is better hydrated and softer.

So far, no breakouts, and after 2 weeks of twice daily use, i am pretty confident it's not going to happen.

I do love this cream, would happily repurchase. I do think it is expensive given the size of the tube - it retails for $63 in australia - but i will stock up on it when i am overseas - and with these results, i am not too bothered about the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love that it is in a tube. This stuff is just good for my skin, they work well together. Excellent repair night moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by marieorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently had fairly serious cystic acne breakouts due to a product containing Alcohol Denat and my skin is now awful. I read that antioxidants have regenerative properties. Of course, the cream does not do miracles, but my skin is less oily, less acne prone and have less acne marks since I use it even if it's only been two weeks of use.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could give this a 0/5, I would. I bought it because I was looking for an oil-free night moisturizer that would prevent signs of aging. I purchased the dry combination version. When I applied it, it felt cold like menthol, and then really warmed up and burnt and tingled slightly around the dry areas of my face. I found this strange, because it's meant to be dermatologically tested, fragrance free, paraben free, etc etc. I have slightly sensitive skin, but I can usually apply whatever I want to my face without reacting. As such, I decided to leave the product on and see what happened. The very next morning I developed 4-5 sizeable lumps around the areas that had burnt. These turned into pimples later in the day. I hardly ever break out, so that is an exceptionally adverse reaction for me. These took several days to clear up. I know that the overall rating for this product is quite positive, but since my experience I have read through the individual reviews and I've noticed quite a significant amount of people have also experienced similar reactions. If you have even slight sensitivity, please please please STAY AWAY. And if you've bought this product and you experience the same sensation of coldness/warmness/tingling, discontinue use and cleanse immediately!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy using this moisturizer. It goes on smoothly (especially after using Clinique's 7 Day Scrub) and absorbs completely & quickly. I have oily skin and can't stand the feeling of moisturizer sitting on top of my skin. I can't say that this is perfect at moisturizing because it doesn't seem to provide that much moisture. But, for me, being so oily, it's great. I occasionally use Clinique Moisture Surge if I need extra moisturizing in the morning, but usually I don't. It's on the expensive side for me, but it's worth it since it's the only one I've found that doesn't leave me with an oil slick in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using Clinique's Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer in the Combination Oily to Oily formula for about a year now. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I love the scent -- very natural, almost smells like oatmeal. Being a night moisturizer, it is definitely a bit heavier than their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, but not super heavy. A little bit of product goes a long way, which is great because it's pretty expensive. I purchased it because, although only in my mid-twenties, I want to have great skin when I'm older. This claims to protect your skin from daily damage by using eight antioxidants to defuse free-radicals. I can honestly say I have no idea whether or not the product is doing this, and I'm not sure how I would know. My skin looks great and feels super soft after applying, but it looked just as great using the DDMG at night (though, perhaps, not quite as soft since the DDMG is a lighter formulation). Still, I wonder ... do I need these antioxidants to delay the aging process? One thing, though ... I think it may be causing the occasional zit to pop up on my otherwise clear skin. I'm super oily, so maybe this being slightly heavy combined with my natural oils is too much. Not sure. I'll definitely continue using until the bottle runs out, and unless I find something else that I like better, I'd certainly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

The first time I put this on my face, it was ok, altough when I woke up my face was dry on my cheeks. Today I tried it again, as day time moisturiser and it was ok in the morning. It felt nice on the skin, it had a nice smell and my face was smooth. But by afternoon, my nose was itching and my face was blotchy so I suspected that this moisturiser was the culprit. After I washed my face, my skin felt better. I won't use it again and I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this every night for two weeks. I purchased this based on all the great reviews here. I like that it isn't greasy at all, absorbs fast, and doesn't cause me to break out at all. I haven't noticed any miraculous change in my skin and this alone is not enough moisture for my dry, flaky, rosacea-prone skin, but I will continue to use it in conjunction with other moisturizers/serums.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The purpose of this stuff is to prevent any signs of againg, and although I'm not really concerned about aging in my 20's, this stuff seemed very soothing. I felt like it was helping that tired skin feeling at the end of the day. It also did give my skin a slight radiance, the only thing is I felt it worked minimally and for the price, I want something to go over my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle. I absolutely love this stuf. I have a friend that comes over and uses my Clinique creams alot and she always tell me they make her face feel and look so good. I don't know about how good my skin looks, but it moisturizes and has antioxidnets in it so I am happy with it. I don't thinkI will stray anytime soon.