April 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a wonderfully rich consistency going on, but it smells a bit strong for my taste, even though it doesn't appear to have any added fragrance. I prefer unscented lotions and creams, but if you don't mind a earthy, nutty scent then give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

Love this body butter! The smell is sort of neutral, but good, so it doesn't crash with any of my perfumes. It really moisturizes, but it is too "fatty" to use every day on my body. So I use this after I scrub and on especially dry patches on my body. For this use it is brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by astiam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The body butter works really well in hydrating very dry skin like mine. I wish body lotion works for me, because the consistency of this is really thick, hence the name... but what to do. Although I find this to be super mousturizing, I don't feel that it absorbs into my skin. This is why my skin tends to look 'oily' and it just sits there even after a few hours. The smell is also really strong I wish the Body Shop tones it down a little bit, so if you happen to also use a perfume, the smell will clash with each other. I am still in quest to find an organic or a more natural body lotion/cream/butter for my skin type so I don't think I will be re-purchasing this after being devoted to it for years! still nice though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Apbyrd25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. The price is pretty high but most good body butters are. I don't care for all the chemicals in this so I started using Bella Body from TeaBody Skin Boutique. It's VERY good and my stretch marks have diminished tremendously since using it. It's totally free of PARABENS and other chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

Though the price of this butter is high, I feel it is so worth it. I just bought a full sized 400ml shea butter for 25 dollars at my local Body Shop. I hope it lasts me a lot longer than the mini I had before when I was just testing! :) Anyway, the consistency of this butter is very creamy and smooth, and it just melts into your skin when you start blending it in. Inside the tube, it actually looks and feels sort of like the Victorias Secret butters. It doesn't move much, so there isn't a worry of spillage (unless you leave it in a hot car to melt). This is ultra moisturizing. I use it daily on my hands, elbows, feet, and dry areas that need extra attention without a greasy feel. I bought this mainly at first for the scent because I fell in love with it! Its light and cozy for wintertime. It definitely has nutty tones in it with the slightest fragrance mixed it. It lingers on my skin, and I get a loy of compliments! Overall, I would most definitely repurchase even if its pricy. I <3 you Body Shop! (Word of warning: beware of the Born Lippy products. They are a total miss.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by fatisil

The thicker cream I have ever tried!! I have to admit that the first time I got it I was surprised and scared by this consistency. I looks and feels almost solid during the winter.
At first I didn't like the smell, and I found the application unpleasant (it didn't seam get absorbed). After a while I started using less product and loved the results. It is one of the few things that gets my legs soft (along with cocoa butter), its soft feeling lasts and some literature suggests that shea butter might help with stretch marks so I use it on my breasts (where I have those awful lines since I was 14... got them from loosing too much weight too fast). I can't really say if it works since the appearance of mine seams to fluctuate: they get better when I gain a little bit of weight, worse when I get too thin.

Overall I like it, however i find it overpriced (or underpriced if it did work for stretch marks...)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by brulhilde

This Body Butter contains A LOT of chemicals that are bad for you!! If you want to know about them in more detail and understandable for people who are not chemists go to

I compared it to the Nuskin Body Butter and I now only use this one, Paraben FREE which is not the case with the one of Body Butter and this one also contains Shea Butter!
Need to apply it less often than the one of the Body Shop!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love the Body Shop creams!! The shea has a very nice warm smell. Is not oily or too drying. I got 3 of them but gave the others as gifts. Their lip balms are great too! Wish there was a Body Shop closer!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a heavier scent and product for warmer months, but I love this in the winter - it feels so cozy and warm and the extra moisture is comforting. The scent is warm and creamy. Sinks in well but it is heavy - great for knees and elbows and feet right before bed time. I keep a tub of this on my night stand and grab it whenever my hands feel dry or I need some extra moisture. I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been revisiting TBS's body butters lately after a long vacation from them. I got a great buy-five-pay-for-three deal, so I selected several scents. This is the third I've tried (after Mango and Satsuma) and agree that it is the most hard-core of the butters. This stuff gets down and does some serious moisturizing, which I need here in the desert. However, as other reviewers have noted, it has a scent. And it is awful. Strong and flowery. It smells like cheap bathroom air freshener. I started sneezing immediately after applying it. And it lingers. And lingers. I purchased a small tub of this and will use it up on my legs, but not on my upper body due to the, um, "scent." I would repurchase this if it did not reek because it performs so well, but I can't get past the odor. Back to Mango for me.