The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm such a fan of TBS body butters. They're so moisturizing but don't leave my skin sticky or oily. This one in particular has a very nice scent but at the same time it's very neutral, so it's good for those who are picky about scents.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My go to for winter skin.

Plus I have eczema, so that goes to say a lot.

I've been using it for years now. I use alot of other body butters but i can say this is my staple. I love that the scent lingers but its not too overpowering. It keeps my skin hydrated too for a long time. I will keep buying this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this bodybutter! It's very moisturizing and the smell is heavenly. It's a light, nutty scent. When you put the butter on it melts on your skin, so you do not need a lot of the product. It's my favorite of all body butters and it does good stuff for my very dry skin in winter!

I am completely obsessed with the scent of this body butter. It smells like the cleanest, warmest, most perfect thing you can put on your body. I am a perfume whore and where different scents nearly every day and haven't run into anything that I couldn't wear this body butter under.

I originally purchased this for my pregnant tummy and it is doing a great job of moisturizing and keeping the itchies away. I can't speak to any stretch mark miracles because I am only five months in and have been moisturizing like crazy so nothing yet, but I don't know what is in store for me. However, this body butter feels incredible and my skin hasn't felt taught at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Expensive, but you can get these on various sales or at Marshalls/TJ Maxx if you live in the USA for super cheap ($6). This one smells nice. It's very lightly fragranced compared to the others, so it's good to use all over without smelling overpowering. It seems to work great. I don't have overly dry skin, but my legs tend to get very itchy in winter from being dry, so I've applied this to them and they've stopped itching. :) The tubs are cute and the texture of the butter is almost solid, but like others have said, once you rub it in it melts like butter and rubs in easily. I don't think I'd use these in summer.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite body butters! The scent is quiet mysterious, it has nutty, warm, creamy, perfumey, and unisex fragrance which i reeeeally love. The texture is meant for very dry skin. In this humid, hot weather in indonesia, it leaves both greasy and oily feeling, so i only use this for my skin protection in air-conditioned room. The butter really stays on my skin, leaving it soft and smooth all day :)

When I used this in the winter it seemed to absorb better on my dry skin. Now, in the summer it just leaves me looking oily and I still feel a little greasy hours later. I do love the smell.

I'm wondering why I haven't tried this before. On & off, for years I've used the Cocoa Butter body lotion as well as the Creamy Body Wash and love them both. Not so much the Body Butter. Thick, it leaves a tacky film at the surface of my skin. The fragrance, well that's the most disapointing aspect. Smelling this in the jar I find the fragrance similar to the other 2 products mentioned but on my skin it's a completely different odor. It almost smells like plastic, quite weird and very unpleasant. Even though it is very thick, I didn't find it more moisturizing than the body lotion. Good thing I bought the small container.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like the scent of this body butter, however, the other day I just so happened to look at the ingredients and was rather disappointed. I thought it was an all natural product but, it's not. There are cones in it that don't really provide moisture, just a coating feeling on you. Won't repurchase.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products