October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I love the hd foundation and cannot imagine life without it the primer is good not great I say this because my other primer works better for me. I have the "yellow" as I wanted to try something other than silicone as I have lancome la base which is awesome and I wanted a primer that could be used more of a lightweight moisturizer. The yellow does lighten the complexion so bewarned if you use more than a small amount you will see a noticeable difference in pictures (not a good look at least for me) I love my golden olive skin and I was wary of this primer for that very reason. The smell is not so nice but I can live with it as the primer does keep me from getting oily and keeps the makeup flawless but I believe the lancome la base works out better for me just because I love that flawless creepy makeup look that the silicone provides. But this primer does a very nice job and I will continue to use it until it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this in Caramel. My skin is both sensitive and acne-prone and this doesn't seem to worsen either of those things. It does help my foundation last ALL DAY and keeps my mineral makeup from looking gray and ashen by day's end. When my skin is particularly bad (like now :( ) I will wear this alone when working out. It doesn't cover everything but it makes me feel slightly less self-conscious about all my hyperpigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my second primer, my first face primer was the body shop matte it primer, but sadly, I didn't like the silky texture and then I had little bumps on my forehead, and when I stopped using it, my bumps went away, So this thing kind of broke me out....
SOO I decided to try something that wasn't too much of a silicone base, and I found the makeupforever one, I have this in number 7, I was planning to get the clear one because my skin doesn't have any problems.... besides dark circles, and the sales told me that the clear one had silicone, so I looked away from that and saw other colors, I was planning to get purple, because it brightens up your face, but then I saw pink, and the tube is a soft rose pink, but honestly, it's just like the clear color, it doesn't brighten up anything or so, which is good, but less silicone base!
So yeah, it keeps my blush last all day! and I love ittttt
highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

credit where it's due - this primer is pretty good in so much as it helps keep product in place for longer than without a primer. purchased a bottle of the white / transparent 3 years ago and only recently came back to it.

thoughts on this product:

1) it's smooth consistency makes it easy to apply, and it seem to dry fairly quickly. it applies well over both cream and serum moisturizers.

2) this works very well with my powder foundation (mac studiofix in N3) - prevents oxidation, movement of product, and gathering areas where foundation may move throughout the day (corners of nose, mouth, etc.)

3) the pump dispenser is hygienic, i just wish it gave me a bit more control over the amount that comes out.

4) this does not have an irritating smell nor does it make the eye area sensitive / burny.

5) the price. oh my god, the price. while i do like this primer, i'm not sure i would purchase another bottle of this simply due to the price. i don't have a problem spending money on something when it's totally worth it - having said that i have used other primers prior to (and after) this one that are just as good (if not better, for my skin and makeup needs anyway) for considerably less money.

i think, if your skin reacts best with this primer compared to others, it's probably worth it's weight in gold. if your skin can use other primers this may seem unnecessarily expensive as it's quite a basic primer.

said i wouldn't purchase this again, and this is only because the price point isn't justifiable for my needs. this is in no way indicative of the primer's abilities.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I got the mini tube one at Sephora which I think is Neutral 0. I have an acne-prone/oily(esp. T zone)/sensitive skin so I'm always careful when trying new stuff. And my nose is oilier than BP oil spill. This kept my powder fdn matte for 4h at work(coffee shop) and gives it a slight "lit from within natural glow". Nothing oily-skinned people should be wary about. Might try the full size in Caramel or Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG primer. If I'm wearing any foundation, this is under it. Nothing applies as smoothly without it. Sure I'll shop around and test other primer every so often, thinking that a thicker one will mask lines better or fill in pores but they tend to make everything cake and the line blurring doesn't last. This one though, this is thin but it's moisturizing and smoothing enough to hide dips and crevices without being a thick gel. It doesn't break out my sensitive highly reactive skin either. Repurchased 4 times since it came out.

Two caveats, I wouldn't wear this on its own nor will I buy it in pump packaging. It looks too dewy for me without at least powder over it. I always hunt down and stock up on the travel size ones as they're in a tube 0.5oz at less than half the price (easier to get the last bit of product out). The pump bottles break easily and it's near impossible to get the primer out near the end. On a no makeup day I'll tone my skin and leave it at that or wear the light pink L'Oreal primer (in the pot) over moisturizer as it's very mattifying and blurs redness even tho it's rubbish under foundation.

LOVE MUFE HD Primer in #0 neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Make Up For Ever is probably my favorite brand for makeup, and I love their HD line! I used to use their HD Primer in Green to help cancel out my redness, but it didn't help AT ALL and it was much thicker and smelled much worse than the one I use now which is #0 Neutral (the clear one). This one is more like a serum, where as other primers were sort of like lotions. I have to use a primer everyday on and around my nose or else my nose flakes when product is applied to it. This primer is amazing at helping that problem and it makes my skin feel really smooth! It's very expensive though, but I haven't used a better primer so I will continue to buy this. And I LOVE how this has a pump! It doesn't pour out the product like some pumps do (Stay Don't Stray...) and you can get the perfect amount!
Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

I have this in #6, the "yellow" which I say is really more of a light tan. This is actually the first primer I have used. I would say it makes my pores a bit smaller and makes my makeup last longer but that is about it. For $30+ I expect more from a primer. I think I could find something better for less. The pump is nice, but I think it will end up with too much product left. No enough bang for my buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

in a right amount will do good for uneven skintone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by bjdp55

I have bought this primer before, about a year ago and loved it. I just bought it again recently for an event that I was going to in which my makeup had to stay put all night, and I fell in love once again.
The best thing about this primer for me is that it's not a heavy silicone. I absolutely hate the feeling of those silicone foundation primers (such as smashbox photoready) on my face. They are so heavy and gross feeling. This primer is so lightweight, it feels like putting milk on your face, and it helps your foundation to stay put. Just what I need.
The packaging is great as well. No problems whatsoever with the pump, and i like how you can open the pump when your running low and take it out with your fingers. That way you can get every last drop.
I'm taking off one lippie for the price. I would love to be able to have this in my stock all the time, but the price is just too much for me to keep buying all the time.