September 18, 2014 | 1853 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by mysodapop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this lip balm off ebay some time back when my dhc ran out. I have never used carmex before.
Anyway, i really like the scent of this and i thought it would be good. However, the lip balm break and crumble after two use only! I don't know why but the thing itself is too soft..definitely won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by donnagonz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i suffered from seriously chapped lips for over a year. tried all kinds of treatments, balms and creams-both expensive and cheap. i tried this stuff and my problem was gone in two days and hasn't come back. moisture plus is a softish, twist up balm with a faint, vaguely floral scent (not at all like the one in the jar) that disappears right away. it goes on smoothly and leaves a slight sheen. it comes in a pink version, a peach one and a plain one. the packaging on the tinted ones is misleading. the shades are darker than they are on the packaging. the pink is a bright peony pink-but very sheer. the peach is darker than the pink-more of a russet-but again, very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by miabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ths review is for the "tint of pink" version. Just found this at Walgreens for $2.99. The stick itsef looks like a very bright pink, but it goes on very sheerly. Has a mild carmex scent and flavor but not as much as the regular chapstick. Makes my lips a bright translucent pink color. Feels slick going on, maybe a little TOO slick. We'll see how it lasts. It will be great for work to keep in my pocket (I work in an ER). I would recommend for a natural hint of color plus moisturizing. No sparkles too which is a bonus!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

I have been a big fan of all carmex products.. I live and breathe by the lip balm in the tube in cherry. I have been seeing the moisture plus sitting on the shelves for awhile but never really thought twice about it until one day I thought I would go ahead and try it since it was on sale. I am so glad I did.. because this is now my favorite carmex by far!
The texture is super smooth and light. Doesn't have that super strong scent that the other carmex products have and this one kind of had a hint of vanilla in it. It goes on nice and smooth and feels great on.
I recently tried the tinted version in peach and it's a gorgeous shade on. The color of the balm when you open it looks a bit scary at first but it goes on very sheer with a hint of color it's gorgeous.
Definitely a new staple in my purse all year round!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying that I am a lip gloss fanatic !!! I have tubes of every name brand, scent and texture and I always come back to this one. I LOVE it...it goes on and stays on for a while. It's so smooth and creamy on your lips..and has a faint vanilla scent. Nothing overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! Very moisturizing, no irritation, nice glossy finish. It does have that Carmex scent/taste but it's not as strong as the original. It comes in a nice sleek silver tube and feels wonderful going on. No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is for the new Carmex tinted lip balms. They come in Sheer Peach and Sheer Pink. Both offer a nice hint of color and the moisturization is awesome. Will definitely buy again. Got it at Walgreens for $2.99. Yummy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by zippsters89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product when I first started to use it because it does moisturize and hydrate my lips. But I had to stop using it because I hate the taste of it.... not that I eat my lip balm but I put on a lot of it so yea I tend to get a little inside my mouth. However if you can get over the taste this is a great lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

I am one of the few people who absolutely love all the lip products Carmex makes. I came across this and had to try it. It's different from the original formula since it smells less like vapor and does not leave a tingly feeling on your lips. It smells good and has a creamier texture. My lips felt instantly hydrates. Great product for a lip balm or lipstick base!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by AutumnDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far I've purchased two of the Carmex Moisture Plus. I'm not a big fan.

The smell as another reviewer stated was very medicinal.The product itself feels greasy and not very light (lighter than regular Carmex though). My lips didn't feel moisturized, and after 2 applications of the first tube, the product started to "crumble" and "break". When that happened I figured maybe I just got a bad tube so I went out and bought a second one. It did the same thing. I had high hopes for this product, but in the end it falls flat.