Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.1

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

on 11/26/2010 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had heard about this lip balm on another review site and decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! I have had flaky dry lips all my life and I finally found a product that cured it. I literally haven't had dry or flaky lips since I found this. It's so great! I'd say it's my 2nd favorite lip balm ever (trumped only by my CVS lip care - which is AMAZING as well). I'm not super fond of the smell, but I can definitely get past it since it moisturizes my lips so well. The packaging is cute but I don't like how little product you get - .07 ounces I believe - less than half what you get in a regular tube of lip balm. And yes it does tend to break if you twist it up too far and press too hard on your lips but for me this is preventable. All in all this is an awesome product. Maybe to make it even better they could come out with this is a strawberry or cherry flavor! I'd literally probably go out and buy five of them, haha!

on 11/12/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i love the way this product performs. it's in my makeup bag and i use it then apply lip liner and lipstick or colored gloss. like others mention the smell isn't great. i don't think it's as strong as the carmex in the pot. it would be great if they can make this unscented or maybe a vanilla scent for those of us that prefer a different scent.

on 10/28/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst lipbalm i have ever tried. It left my lips as dry as sandpaper, and had a bad sent.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first Carmex product and I really like it! It leaves a glossy finish as opposed to the lip balm. The scent is very faint and the packaging is cute, it looks like a lipstick tube. I've been applying it often on my lips during the Fall. I would repurchase but it's nowhere to be found where I live.

on 10/16/2010 8:47:00 AM

I bought this lip balm off ebay some time back when my dhc ran out. I have never used carmex before.
Anyway, i really like the scent of this and i thought it would be good. However, the lip balm break and crumble after two use only! I don't know why but the thing itself is too soft..definitely won't be buying again.

on 10/12/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i suffered from seriously chapped lips for over a year. tried all kinds of treatments, balms and creams-both expensive and cheap. i tried this stuff and my problem was gone in two days and hasn't come back. moisture plus is a softish, twist up balm with a faint, vaguely floral scent (not at all like the one in the jar) that disappears right away. it goes on smoothly and leaves a slight sheen. it comes in a pink version, a peach one and a plain one. the packaging on the tinted ones is misleading. the shades are darker than they are on the packaging. the pink is a bright peony pink-but very sheer. the peach is darker than the pink-more of a russet-but again, very sheer.

on 10/10/2010 12:45:00 AM

Ths review is for the "tint of pink" version. Just found this at Walgreens for $2.99. The stick itsef looks like a very bright pink, but it goes on very sheerly. Has a mild carmex scent and flavor but not as much as the regular chapstick. Makes my lips a bright translucent pink color. Feels slick going on, maybe a little TOO slick. We'll see how it lasts. It will be great for work to keep in my pocket (I work in an ER). I would recommend for a natural hint of color plus moisturizing. No sparkles too which is a bonus!!

on 10/6/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have been a big fan of all carmex products.. I live and breathe by the lip balm in the tube in cherry. I have been seeing the moisture plus sitting on the shelves for awhile but never really thought twice about it until one day I thought I would go ahead and try it since it was on sale. I am so glad I did.. because this is now my favorite carmex by far!
The texture is super smooth and light. Doesn't have that super strong scent that the other carmex products have and this one kind of had a hint of vanilla in it. It goes on nice and smooth and feels great on.
I recently tried the tinted version in peach and it's a gorgeous shade on. The color of the balm when you open it looks a bit scary at first but it goes on very sheer with a hint of color it's gorgeous.
Definitely a new staple in my purse all year round!

on 9/8/2010 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Let me start by saying that I am a lip gloss fanatic !!! I have tubes of every name brand, scent and texture and I always come back to this one. I LOVE it...it goes on and stays on for a while. It's so smooth and creamy on your lips..and has a faint vanilla scent. Nothing overpowering.

on 8/28/2010 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this! Very moisturizing, no irritation, nice glossy finish. It does have that Carmex scent/taste but it's not as strong as the original. It comes in a nice sleek silver tube and feels wonderful going on. No complaints!

Popular Lip Treatments