Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.2

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

Provides a nice amount of moisture, nice sheen, worx well over my long wear lipsticks, love the vanilla scent. I use ONLY long wearing lipsticks and glosses. The clear stick that comes w/ long wearing lipsticks = workx fine unless I have very dry/chapped lips which, thanks to our lovely MN winters = have developed. This stuff only minimally reduces the length of time my lipsticks stay on (many other balms will allow the long wearing lipsticks to wear off almost immediately) but does provide a lot more moisture = LOVE it! I personally don't care for the original carmex scent - this stuff smells much better IMO. I will definitely repurchase! I have posted the ingredients from the carmex website. Not happy it containes oxybenzone = deduct 1 lippie

After going through two tubes or Fresh Sugar and a jane Iredale (all $$$) I decided to try cheaper. I love this Carmex in the slim tube. I also love the vit. E, ALoe and SPF 15 which I want in all my lip products. I like it. My lips are always chapped in the winter, even with lip products. So this is cheap enough and seems to help that I'll probably buy it again.

Started using this after using the original Carmex on my lips (chapped/peeling) for several weeks. Sadly, my lip situation got increasingly WORSE! I went to walgreens hoping to find something that would help. So far so good. I like that it leaves a nice sheen on my lips and I don't find myself having to reapply a few thousand times throughout the day!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm a chapstick-aholic.. Got this at Walgreens out of desperation, and If I remember correctly, it was definitely was not the cheapest ($) chapstick you could find at Walgreens.. but I'm adventurous. Anyway, I tried it, thought it felt disgusting and something about the smell was unsettling. Was going to return it, then again, out of desperation gave it another try. I realized, in fact that it was the perfect texture (for me).. it's like a gel-creamy-shiny-ness that seems to absorb at the perfect pace on me and looks pleasantly glossy. It isn't too thick and waxy, not a cream, not a super thin oily texture and instanly relieves the worst case scenario of chapped lips. LOVE the packacke- slim, convenient, angled. So, decided to keep it and will go back for more. Still, only gave it a 4 only because... well.. the smell is still unsettling.. can't even make out what it smells like.. but it's odd.

I got this at Walgreens about a month or so ago, and I absolutely love it. I have all three colors, but I personally prefer the clear one—I will wear it under/over lipsticks or stains and it adds a gloss, but in a more mature way (no glitter, which can make even the most well applied lipstain look like a ten year old who got ahold of the Bonne Bell.)

The smell is very Carmexey, which doesn't bother me but may be off-putting to some, although my SO hasn't been bothered by it.

This is my "secret weapon" lip balm—it doesn't look like a traditional balm when it is on, but it really helps my lips when they get dry and flaky, and heals them within a day or so.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had heard about this lip balm on another review site and decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did! I have had flaky dry lips all my life and I finally found a product that cured it. I literally haven't had dry or flaky lips since I found this. It's so great! I'd say it's my 2nd favorite lip balm ever (trumped only by my CVS lip care - which is AMAZING as well). I'm not super fond of the smell, but I can definitely get past it since it moisturizes my lips so well. The packaging is cute but I don't like how little product you get - .07 ounces I believe - less than half what you get in a regular tube of lip balm. And yes it does tend to break if you twist it up too far and press too hard on your lips but for me this is preventable. All in all this is an awesome product. Maybe to make it even better they could come out with this is a strawberry or cherry flavor! I'd literally probably go out and buy five of them, haha!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i love the way this product performs. it's in my makeup bag and i use it then apply lip liner and lipstick or colored gloss. like others mention the smell isn't great. i don't think it's as strong as the carmex in the pot. it would be great if they can make this unscented or maybe a vanilla scent for those of us that prefer a different scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst lipbalm i have ever tried. It left my lips as dry as sandpaper, and had a bad sent.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first Carmex product and I really like it! It leaves a glossy finish as opposed to the lip balm. The scent is very faint and the packaging is cute, it looks like a lipstick tube. I've been applying it often on my lips during the Fall. I would repurchase but it's nowhere to be found where I live.

I bought this lip balm off ebay some time back when my dhc ran out. I have never used carmex before.
Anyway, i really like the scent of this and i thought it would be good. However, the lip balm break and crumble after two use only! I don't know why but the thing itself is too soft..definitely won't be buying again.

Popular Lip Treatments