September 2, 2014 | 2179 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Amyrebecca

I used to use this a lot and used to work on my skin but then a few weeks ago i used this mask and i was about to take it off and i saw that my face was bright red and was so dry and tight and my face was burning. It took so long for my face to get back to normal. Do not recommend this at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by OnlyYouLove

I am frequently covering up my face with makeup. With this time has caused my skin to get really rough. Though I did try to care for my skin through exfoliation using St. Ives and other products they were too harsh on my skin. My skin is extremely sensitive. Then I found the reviews on Baking Soda and I figured I should give a try, though there were several reviews on how harsh this too would be so as a precaution I did the skin patch test my skin didn't produce anything unsightly not even redness. So after dampening my face I used the mixture of baking soda and water (essentially produces a paste) and gently rotated the paste onto my face. However, when applying this I did not apply it all at once I applied it by portions. For instance, on chin for 30 seconds, cheek side 30 seconds, forehead 30 seconds nose 30 seconds. Everything I did approximately at 30-40 seconds. The results were amazing the roughness of my skin vanished I guess I got rid of the excessive gunk. Most importantly my face lost its excessive redness, and I did allow a great deal of time to pass in order to examine the results. I feel like my skin is finally breathing.

If someone truly does have sensitive skin and does wish to give this a try I would recommend:
1) Do the skin patch test first
2) After you believe sufficient amount of time has passed gently apply onto the face by proportions in a timely manner no longer than 30 seconds try to stay in between 30-40 seconds. Each time you gently massage onto face in circular motion to portions of the face, remove it after 30 seconds each time!

When washing the baking powder paste off do not do it with warm water somehow may aggravate skin!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using baking soda for over a year on my face. I usually mix a little bit of water with it and use it as an exfoliate or if I have enough time I'll use the same mixture as a face mask. The only thing about using it as a mask is that once its dried you can't move your face at all because the baking soda just crumbles off. I like to leave it on for 15 minutes tops.

After using the mask my skin always glows and just looks really clean. It feels baby soft and appears more even. I love this so much that every time I travel overseas I buy one wherever I am to use whilst I'm there. The beauty is that its only a couple of dollars (in Australia that is, in the USA I think it was under $1!) and it is so effective! I used to use St Ives Apricot Scrub but this is so much better.

I personally use this about two times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMEN!!! I'm SO happy I decided to try this as an exfoliator, it's simply amazing and dirt cheap! I recently paid over $50.00 for a dermalogica exfoliator and I want to cry. It doesn't come close to this. I took the advise of threejane, making sure the baking soda/water mix is runny versus pasty, and to be VERY gentle when rubbing it onto the face. I instantly noticed how soft my face felt after rinsing and BRIGHT!!!! Lastly, I noticed this lightened two red marks (from pimples) on my face. For now, I'll do it every 2-3 days. I'm in love.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by joyk91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved using baking soda on my face. My face is pretty oily and have lot blackheads mostly on cheeks and chin and whiteheads on cheeks and nose and to mention pores on my cheeks too.
I gave it a try, and holly smokes, I kind of exfoliated my face for like 3 minutes and washed it off with a little cold water. I saw change in my complexion and pores decreased a bit and white heads were not completely gone but you can't notice them unless you get real close. I just let the water dry on it own and didn't even pat dry it. My skin felt smoother and soft.

I would say if your skin is DRY or normal, DO NOT USE IT. Plus, if it dries out your skin a lot, just have some castor oil afterwards. It helps a lot. I like using it every other night, and put castor oil on my face after washing off baking soda. I have noticed my blemishes fading away, and had like plenty of them on my cheeks and now they are just 2 left. I would stick to it along with castor oil.
I guess it depends what type of skin you have. Might want to check it on your hand first before putting anything on face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

Baking soda has so many helpful uses. The way I use it is by sprinkling some on top of my toothpaste before brushing my teeth. This is an EXCELLENT, cheap, & effective whitener. You get a big box (& a little goes a long way), for only about 65 cents. How much cheaper does it get? The only other ways I'd use baking soda are for my hair, for actual baking, or for cleaning purposes. I haven't tried this on my face/skin, but it doesn't sound like a good idea from reading many of the previous reviews.

The only complaint I really have is the packaging. I would like if the box had a secure way of opening & closing, rather than the little punch-out hole/opening on the side of the box that doesn't close at all. This can get messy, easily. Other than that....for 65 cents, I'm not really complaining.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

Still mixed on if baking soda is really bad to put on your skin as i know it has a ph level of 8 or 9. Anyways heres my take on it. I have been putting it in my spectro cleanser for a little while now, thought it worked fine as an exfoliator. However today I used it alone with water on my nose and cheeks... holy burning stinging like crazy. I now have a what looks like a sunburn rash all over my cheeks. Now I am confused... I'll take a break from it and then start putting it in my cleanser again and see what happens. So my take is that if you mix it with a cleanser it lowers its ph level but alone it is way to damaging to skin.. someone correct me if I am wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The great and wonderfull baking soda a multi tasking and affordable multi purpose cleaner its great as a house hold cleaner and its even a staple in my beauty regime it cleans excess gunk out of My hair brushes and combs it cleanses and clarifies my hair better then any other expensive clarifying shampoo can it can even be a great Alternative to the (no poo ) method with added apple cider Vinegar as Conditioner it can be used as a Exfoliater and its also great to sprinkle over my toothpaste for an extra Whitening effect its Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pooch14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Retin A for a little while and baking soda really helps take care of the peelies. I do not use this as a mask but as a scrub every 2 or 3 days. First I use olive oil to melt my make up (especially mascara) and then use a hot flannel and apply to my face for a minute or so, wipe off excess oil and then use half a teaspoon of BS to gently scrub y face. I then use neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash, dry and apply either a moisturiser or my retin A. I absolutely love this combo on my 36 yr old skin and how it feels like a babys bottom afterwards :) I guess some people react badly to this, but for me it an HG product. Also use it to clarify my hair and rinse with acv, Makes my hair squeaky clean but also very dry. As long as I follow with a conditioner then all is good. Very happy with BS, am about to start using crisco as a moisturizer too....fingers crossed :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ladyk811

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would purchase baking soda for other uses but not for my face. It burned my skin around my nose! my skin is now ....its not too noticeable unless you are close up on me. However, I am extremely self conscious about it. Thank God for BB cream because it has helped. I am currently using other products hoping and praying that the darkness fades. So, I would say to be EXTREMELY careful. I just found this website and wish I would have found it prior to trying this one my face.