April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The great and wonderfull baking soda a multi tasking and affordable multi purpose cleaner its great as a house hold cleaner and its even a staple in my beauty regime it cleans excess gunk out of My hair brushes and combs it cleanses and clarifies my hair better then any other expensive clarifying shampoo can it can even be a great Alternative to the (no poo ) method with added apple cider Vinegar as Conditioner it can be used as a Exfoliater and its also great to sprinkle over my toothpaste for an extra Whitening effect its Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by pooch14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Retin A for a little while and baking soda really helps take care of the peelies. I do not use this as a mask but as a scrub every 2 or 3 days. First I use olive oil to melt my make up (especially mascara) and then use a hot flannel and apply to my face for a minute or so, wipe off excess oil and then use half a teaspoon of BS to gently scrub y face. I then use neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash, dry and apply either a moisturiser or my retin A. I absolutely love this combo on my 36 yr old skin and how it feels like a babys bottom afterwards :) I guess some people react badly to this, but for me it an HG product. Also use it to clarify my hair and rinse with acv, Makes my hair squeaky clean but also very dry. As long as I follow with a conditioner then all is good. Very happy with BS, am about to start using crisco as a moisturizer too....fingers crossed :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ladyk811

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would purchase baking soda for other uses but not for my face. It burned my skin around my nose! my skin is now ....its not too noticeable unless you are close up on me. However, I am extremely self conscious about it. Thank God for BB cream because it has helped. I am currently using other products hoping and praying that the darkness fades. So, I would say to be EXTREMELY careful. I just found this website and wish I would have found it prior to trying this one my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I have, at long last, found an immediate cure to my blackheads. My nose isn't covered in blackheads (no strawberry nose), but it has blackheads scattered here and there. A scrub consisting of raw honey, fresh lemon juice, and baking soda scrubs away all signs of present blackheads and blackheads on the way. I do this once a week, as my face sprouts a few large bumps from irritation, but they disappear quickly (update: my skin has gotten used to it and doesn't get bumps anymore!). Do not skimp out on the lemon juice and honey, for they neutralize the harsh alkaline in baking soda and keep your skin ph balance.. well, balanced. Lemon and honey are both acidic, and your skin much prefers acidic products to alkaline ones. Without the baking soda, my blackheads would take much longer to clear (lemon itself gradually gets rid of them) but I have finally found a cure that delivers quick results.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

over the weekend a paste out of both baking soda and organic coconut oil. I was desperate because I had a bad reaction to a new moisturizer I tried out. Well, not only did this slough off all of the dead skin, but it also brightened my complexion. most importantly, it kept my oily skin at bay. no kind of prescription product or expensive moisturizer could do that for me. I have normal skin, but an oily T-zone. Toward the end of the day my face was a confused mess. my cheeks were dry but my T-zone was oily. Makeup would just wipe off of my face like an oil slick. I have used this paste 4 times with my Clarisonic brush and I love the outcome. my skin has never been as balanced as it is now. I also put a little organic coconut oil on my face in the evening just to help with my complexion.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by auramei

I tried baking soda (using the finer grains from the Fridge & Freezer line) as an exfoliant twice last week. On the first try, my face felt smooth and slick! My face literally "squeaked" as I was washing the baking soda off. My face glowed, looked extremely smooth, my blackheads seemed to have visibly diminished and the pores on my nose shrunk. However, I also noticed that my face looked red, but I was too excited about being able to get rid of my blackheads that I didn't pay too much attention to the color of my face. About 2-3 days later, I decided to try it again with my Clarisonic. This time, I scrubbed it for about a minute and left it on for an extra minute while I rinsed off my conditioner in the shower. Big mistake! It burned my face and my face was noticeably redder than last time. Next day, my skin was drier, face felt "thicker", more course and bloated. Every bump and pore on my face looked irritated. That is because baking soda is a form of salt. Salt basically kills bacteria and retains water. While I would not use this for my entire face next time, I will admit that it is great scrub for getting rid of blackheads and reducing pore size on your nose - AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT ON FOR A MINUTE MAX.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by tonixtonix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as an exfoliating scrub and it is amazing! One teaspoon mixed with water for a nighttime super scrub or 1/4 teaspoon mixed with water-based face soap for a light morning scrub. It is fine but VERY abrasive, use gently and DO NOT leave it to sit on your face (OUCH!). The results are amazing and I will never buy another face scrub product again. I follow up with a spray toner to balance my skin's pH levels and then a small dab of Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré. 2-cents... As a former acne sufferer, I would not use this if you have acne, the abrasiveness could really damage your skin and cause more inflammation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

I use baking soda as a dry shampoo and it works better than any spray product that I have purchased at absorbing oil. It's also much less expensive.

I put the baking soda in a jar, and apply it with a fluffy powder brush to various areas of my scalp. I try to apply it at night to avoid a white cast the next day, but I usually don't have a white cast if I rub well. Voila, gets rid of the oil.
Also adds volume to my hair.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lilflynn2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You can never go wrong with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Baking soda is very high in pH, in order words, it is a very alkaline substance. Other than its intended purpose for baking, it is good to clean your fruits & vegetables; I just mix some in a bowl of water & soak the grapes in it for 10 minutes or so, rinse well & eat.
For those who claim it works great for your skin, great. But if you are skeptical, just try a patch test.
Just because it is edible does not mean it will not do harm to your skin, don't forget, our stomach is very acidic, it will immediately neutralize the alkalinity of the baking soda.
This does not work for my skin.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No