NARS Super Orgasm

3.7

on 12/22/2011 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Lets get the main issue out of the way: the pink/peach base is actually the same for both Orgasm and Super Orgasm, even though Super Orgasm does look a bit lighter in the pan.

The only real difference between the two Orgasm blushes is that the original Orgasm contains the famous golden shimmery gleam, whilst SUPER ORGASM uses gold glitter particles instead and has no golden glow. The lack of shimmer means that SUPER ORGASM does apply sheerer and pinker on the skin then the original Orgasm does, so it does look different enough to justify buying it.

***

I haven't had any of the fall-out issues with SUPER ORGASM that I did with NARS other glittery cheek product - the Hungry Heart duo. A lot of the other reviewers have had fall-out using SUPER ORGASM; all I can suggest is that because I have porcelain skin I automatically tap excess product carefully of my brushes and use a very gentle touch for blush application, so maybe that it the reason?

***

Would I recommend it? It depends; SUPER ORGASM and Orgasm are both lovely shades, that are wearable on all skintones, but for most people I'd say that if you own one shade then you really don't need the other one too.

But for mega fans of the original Orgasm shade and/or NARS blush lovers, then yes I recommend SUPER ORGASM; the finishes of the two Orgasm blushes make the base colour appear noticeably different enough to warrant a purchase.

on 11/6/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like the original Orgasm for the most part, and Super O looked promising in the compact, but the hope quickly plummeted upon application :(

Super Orgasm starts with a very similar base shade (peachy/coral with gold shimmer), but this one includes golden glitter, that not only does NOT transfer to the cheek upon application, but actually falls out onto me. I was having to dust glitter off my chest/shirt, etc., after applying it. The color payoff is suitable to smokier eye make up in that it's more subtle/natural, but the glitter all over the place makes this a no-go for me. Thankfully, I received the mini version as a freebie in a NARS order, however had I shelled out the $ for this, it would've gotten an even lower rating! Definitely not a winner for me. continued >>

on 10/23/2011 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this at Sephora for $27. I had gone into Sephora prior to purchasing this and requested a sample of NARS Orgasm simply because I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I found it pretty and when I went to Sephora to purchase a NARS blush, Super Orgasm caught my eyes. I'm a sucker for sparkly things. I wear this on a fairly regular basis and don't find it to be such a glitterbomb as some imply. I only put two light sweeps on my brush for each cheek and I buff it into my skin. While I find it to be a pretty blush, I put I wouldn't purchase that shade again because there are so many other NARS blushes that I would like to try.

on 10/20/2011 10:40:00 PM

Whyyyyyy would NARS include this in their line?!?!? Its so chunky with glitter ugh its horrible. Pretty, but not realistic if you have huge pores like me :(

um, i feel like i'm missing something. this blush has huge chunks of gold glitter in it, so it looks totally unnatural on my fair skin...the base color is pretty, but i look like i'm about to perform on stage or something with all that glitter. got this as part of a set but would never purchase it-it's way too fake looking.

on 10/20/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

BEAUTIFUL color!!! Pink color with gold specks makes my tan skin look amazing, and glamourously natural. Easy to match with almost anything. This is a staple of mine.

on 9/27/2011 11:08:00 PM

Received in a swap. When I went to swatch this with my finger I was a bit hesitant. It looked super dry and looked like I was going to swatch my finger on sand paper. The chunks of glitter took over and made the blush look super bumpy. Color was just ok and I didnt care for the glitter much (I love glitter, but this combo was just mediocre at best) I wanted to love it but had it swapped out immediately.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE, love, love this blush..I am a makeup artist and I absolutely am in love with this color. I usually use my bronzer every where first (as I am VERY fair) and then I apply my super ~O~ over my cheekbones to add a peachy pink shimmer. The glitter also isn't an issue with me! I love sparkles and honestly it doesn't really stick to my face.. Maybe its the kabuki brush I use *shrug*

on 9/6/2011 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I love this blush, moreso than Orgasm. It gives me a healthy, pink glow that looks great when I'm tan or pale. I also find that the huge sparkles in the pan barely show up on my cheeks, which is definitely a plus. I apply this lightly with a MAC 187 and my cheeks always have a polished glow to them.

Super Orgasm is a slightly shimmery peachy-pink blush with large chunks of glitter. I would prefer this without the glitter chunks, but since they're quite big, they easily fall off (unless your base is quite sticky) so its not really a big thing to worry about.
I don't think this product is a must-have as there are similar blushes in the market that don't have the chunky glitters, eg. MAC Springsheen and Benefit Coralista.
For some swatches: http://www.princess-livia.com/2010/07/nars-blush-haul-swatches.html

Popular Blush Products