October 2, 2014 | 1450 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

One of my most favorite brushes ever!

Why I love it:

-it detangles wet or dry hair easily
-it leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth
-it's easy to clean
-it doesn't pull out hairs
-it massages my scalp
-its perfect for combing through conditioner or a leave in product in wet hair
-its unbreakable
-it comes in fun colours
-it makes a perfect gift!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail of hair brushes. I have extremely thin, highlighted hair that is down to my tailbone. I've been trying to get it in better shape and condition, and there's no way I could've done it without the Tangle Teezer! Trying to do anything with my hair after hopping out of the shower was a nightmare. Any regular brush or comb would snag, tangle, or break my strands - no amount of leave in product or detangler really helped. I started using the Tangle Teezer as soon as I got out of the shower and was amazed at how it slid through my hair, from root to tip, with no snagging or pain! At times, I felt the brush didn't move as easily through thicker sections of hair, so the smaller the sections the better. It wasn't until I started using the Tangle Teezer in the shower that I noticed a huge difference! Not only could I get conditioner out of tricky spots, but I could actually run my fingers through my hair right out of the shower! I feel that they could perhaps improve the design of the base of the brush, as I feel the brush can go flying out of my conditioner covered hands in the shower - which is to be expected. Overall, great product and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lolilea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What an over-hyped hunk of junk.... Wait, it's too flimsy to be called a hunk of anything.

It's this plastic ergonomic blob shape, that's actually too large to fit comfortably in my average-large female hand, let alone dainty hands. This and the fact it has no handle leads to slipping from lack of grip. I started brushing gently from the very ends of my hair and it made a horrid ripping sound, turns out this is normal due to the fact it's hollow. It doesn't brush all the way through unless I place my hand one side of my hair to keep it in place. The little spikes had bits on the very ends that could easily score hair like a seamed comb, this is cheap manufacturing for the price. I find virtually any other brush snags less and works in quicker time. It's rubbish for getting through tangles unless you're prepared to rip through them, which im not. I had to stop every few seconds when it would snag to pick apart the tangle myself, even fingercombing alone is better and quicker for tangles than this method. I have to wonder how people were brushing before to consider this their saviour.

It gets 1 star for the ability to brush out bun curls/waves without loosening the curl pattern too much. For reference I have Tailbone length, thickish wavy hair that I take very good care of and use correct brushing technique on.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sputnikcooper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this in black from ASOS because I read that Victoria Beckam uses this for her kids.. ( and it also happened to be on sale! ). I agree that this does its job of untangling your hair very well. It's also very handy to put in the purse. My only grouse is that it isn't quite a good looking brush but I guess it should always be functionality over form! I hope to see more exciting designs and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

My hair could get tangled so easily no matter what shampoo and conditioner that I used. Brushing my hair could be frustrated sometimes.
This brush, Tangle Teezer, is the only brush that could detangled my hair so easily without breaking them! It also leaves my hair smoother and shiny. I never looked back since. It's worth to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by kurtsblainey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Buying a tangle teezer was probably one of the best decisions I've made so far ( if we're being dramatic maybe).It combs through the hair easy and painlessly and leaves the hair shiny and soft and *u*.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great product to throw in your bag or have on the go! I have long, flat hair and i honestly found this didn't do much, i felt it just flattened the knots or hid them under other parts of hair rather than get rid of them, i had to brush my hair through about 10 times to properly get rid of any knots. One only great thing about this brush is its pretty much painless to brush things out (if it does at all!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by annasofie15

I like this brush, definitely makes detangling hair a lot more nice. But I find that the brush has a hard time getting all the way down to my scalp, so it you have very thick hair, maybe try another brush instead. My hand slips out of the grib pretty easy, but maybe I just have to get used to it..

Overall I would recommend it. I own the regular Tangle Teezer in the colour Blue Bella, which is super duper pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since I'm growing my hair out and have learned the hard way that not dragging a brush through my hair once in a while is somewhat a bad idea, I decided to upgrade my hairbrush from the Denman brush I've owned for 10 years. I got annoyed with my Denman brush since it was next to impossible to clean properly and gathered too much dust & dirt. So I picked up a Tangle Teezer (pink of course) after seeing it advertised and I'm really glad I did!

My initial thoughts were that the hard plastic bristles would hurt and pull my fine hair but they really don't. Minimal to no pain for even the most horrible of knots and doesn't break or pull out more hair than naturally falls out anyway - everyone sheds between 50-100 hairs per day and this definitely doesn't pull hair out or contribute to hair loss, coming from someone with super-fine breakable hair. Other hair brushes and combs have pulled out horrible amounts that makes me scared to use them but the Tangle Teezer is gentle yet effective and leaves hair smooth, lovely and thoroughly brushed out. It's also easy to clean when you need to since it's made from plastic. The shape makes it fine to grip and use without the need for a handle and the small size means it's travel-friendly. I use it every day before going to bed to remove the knots from my new longer hair - it's so quick and easy.

I'm such a fan of this brush I may have to get another - they're only £10-12 each so I'll be collecting a few different colours to make sure I always have one around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Lilly742

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FYI, for all users who said the tteezer is taking out their hair.

We shed 50 strands of hair each day naturally - i.e. shedding. If you find that with the tangle teezer, this is about the amount of hair that is in the brush, the product is likely working well, and not taking out any more hair than you would be losing anyway. - Also, if your other combs are only taking out 2 or 3, it means they may not be working very well.

Also, if you have hair that is soft and tends to snap easily, bend the bristles of the brush. If you have this hair type, you know you need to change what you are doing when you see pieces of your hair and not whole strands.