E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 77492 77499), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007) Weight - 0.85 grams

I own Elegant, Earthy, Sweet, Temptress, Wild, Caffeinated, Sassy, Confident, Glamorous, Natural, Golden, Royal, Angelic, Celebrity, and Trendy. All of the shadows, except for Temptress have shimmer. I use a light hand when I apply due to my age and the beginning of wrinkly eyelids. I like all of the shadows with the exception of Glamorous, Sweet and Temptress ~ these are too pink and or peach. Each of the three, looked like I applied blush to my eyelids.

Earthy, Caffeinated, Royal and Elegant are my favorite shadows. Earthy is number one in my collection ~ it's a beautiful medium (not olive) green, with the right amount of shimmer. Elegant is a lovely vanilla shadow that looks great as a highlighter. Caffeinated is a gorgeous dark bronze, with olive green and gold accents that looks very pretty with my skin tone. Royal is a beautiful purple that makes my brown eyes POP. I bought my shadows at a 70% off sale, so no disappointments with shadows that turned out to be less than stellar. I dumped out the three I didn't like, and used the containers for custom mixing.

Couple things to remember: don't remove the plastic, covering the holes in the container. Instead, poke a few small holes with a pin into the plastic covering. If you don't, you will have excess shadow in the containers, and it's quite messy when you try to open them.

Love e.l.f. mineral shadows because they are inexpensive (when you purchase with a 50% or 70% off coupon), and the size of the containers are a great value. I am waiting for a great sale before I buy the rest of the collection. I will purchase this product again...

I love these shadows..
there shimmery without being *TOO shimmery.

my favorite are pretty much all the brown/gold shades and *Royal - the prettiest dark purple every.

(NOTE) - the only matte one that i know of is seductive, which is the black one.

Overall, I love the eyeshadows I ordered. Golden and Earthy, are by far my favorite. Most of them, except girly, hold a lot of punch. The packaging is chic, and the pigments are A+

They also last a very long time for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm reviewing the color "Royal", which does not have its own separate review (I'm not sure how to add it). This is a very pretty deep purple color with silver shimmers. It is quite shimmery, so I don't wear it too much at work, if I do, I layer another matter purple over it to turn down the shimmers. However, it's a great night time look. I love that it is a deep purple, and it's also very pigmented. The elf mineral e/s are great quality and pigmentation. I really like them, they're about the same size as the bare escentuals e/s, but 1/3 of the price :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Overall, I'm pleased enough with these shadows. I would like to see e.l.f. create far more matte colors; all but 3 are shimmery. "Wild" should be renamed "Wildly Ridiculous." Too much product comes out of the dispensers, so it's a good idea to keep at least half of the holes sealed with the sticker that comes with the new product. They are all heavily pigmented and they stay on quite well... if you apply a good primer or the e.l.f. creme duos first. It's important not to skip priming your lids.

If you don't like a lot of shimmer in your eyeshadows then these probably are not for you because most of these are VERY shimmery. I have Golden, Earthy, Celebrity, Temptress, and Wild. Temptress is the only one that is matte. But I don't like it because it doesn't really show up that much. But the rest I absolutely love. They are super shimmery and pigmented. It doesn't take very much at all for them to make an impact. I do have to use a primer though because the shimmers go all over the place if I don't.These are $3 each on ELF's website. I think they're very good for the price.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Ok I got this elf mineral eyeshadow in 'partier' which looks like shimmery blue-grey on the website and in the above pics. When I got it home it is in fact a matte dirt grey. I tried to see if i could use it wet - even worse! The way it applies is completely uneven and hard to use. I know not to expect much for 3 but the product could at least look like what it claims to be, and attempt to do what its supposed to!

1. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Socialite: it's easy to blend and you get 0.9 grams per pot. I used TheBodyShop eyeshadow brush to apply it. It's also quite shimmery, which is not really what I was expecting, it's quite hard to see from the website photos whether the shadows are shimmery or not, and I have ordered it thinking it wasn't but nevertheless the festive season is coming up and maybe I will find an occasion to wear it. I think the colour is quite good for an understated smokey eye as it's not too dark.
The 1st application is just the shadow, the one below it was applied after an eye primer. As you can see it makes one hellova difference. The color is more intense, and the product lasts longer.

2. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Royal: it's a dark purple and I thought it would help bring out my dark brown eyes (it does). Here's the photo with and without an eye primer (guess which one):

the photos i'm referring to are in http://whateverygirlneedstoknow.blogspot.com/

I love ELF mineral Shadows. The ones I have are quite shimmery, but that's what I love so it's great for me! They last a long time with primer and I love the colors. When you first open them be careful...it is easy to get them all over the place!

I own Elegant, Natural, Celebrity, Golden, Sassy and Socialite. I have a picture above of what they actually look like. ELF is notorious for their pictures not being true-to-color. I am happy with all of mine though regardless!

They are smooth to apply, and a little goes a long way!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased 4 colors to give it a try: Elegant, Partier, Royal and Mysterious. I was attracted to the colors on the website but once I received them I was a bit disappointed with the actual colors. All were matte except for Elegant, which was shimmery. The texture was a not as fine as I was expecting and once I used them on my eyes, the colors looked unvenen.