April 16, 2014 | 1538 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the color "Royal", which does not have its own separate review (I'm not sure how to add it). This is a very pretty deep purple color with silver shimmers. It is quite shimmery, so I don't wear it too much at work, if I do, I layer another matter purple over it to turn down the shimmers. However, it's a great night time look. I love that it is a deep purple, and it's also very pigmented. The elf mineral e/s are great quality and pigmentation. I really like them, they're about the same size as the bare escentuals e/s, but 1/3 of the price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by SavvyMD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I'm pleased enough with these shadows. I would like to see e.l.f. create far more matte colors; all but 3 are shimmery. "Wild" should be renamed "Wildly Ridiculous." Too much product comes out of the dispensers, so it's a good idea to keep at least half of the holes sealed with the sticker that comes with the new product. They are all heavily pigmented and they stay on quite well... if you apply a good primer or the e.l.f. creme duos first. It's important not to skip priming your lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jennyjin89

If you don't like a lot of shimmer in your eyeshadows then these probably are not for you because most of these are VERY shimmery. I have Golden, Earthy, Celebrity, Temptress, and Wild. Temptress is the only one that is matte. But I don't like it because it doesn't really show up that much. But the rest I absolutely love. They are super shimmery and pigmented. It doesn't take very much at all for them to make an impact. I do have to use a primer though because the shimmers go all over the place if I don't.These are $3 each on ELF's website. I think they're very good for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok I got this elf mineral eyeshadow in 'partier' which looks like shimmery blue-grey on the website and in the above pics. When I got it home it is in fact a matte dirt grey. I tried to see if i could use it wet - even worse! The way it applies is completely uneven and hard to use. I know not to expect much for 3 but the product could at least look like what it claims to be, and attempt to do what its supposed to!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by prozacnation88

1. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Socialite: it's easy to blend and you get 0.9 grams per pot. I used TheBodyShop eyeshadow brush to apply it. It's also quite shimmery, which is not really what I was expecting, it's quite hard to see from the website photos whether the shadows are shimmery or not, and I have ordered it thinking it wasn't but nevertheless the festive season is coming up and maybe I will find an occasion to wear it. I think the colour is quite good for an understated smokey eye as it's not too dark.
The 1st application is just the shadow, the one below it was applied after an eye primer. As you can see it makes one hellova difference. The color is more intense, and the product lasts longer.

2. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Royal: it's a dark purple and I thought it would help bring out my dark brown eyes (it does). Here's the photo with and without an eye primer (guess which one):

the photos i'm referring to are in http://whateverygirlneedstoknow.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by floydd15

I love ELF mineral Shadows. The ones I have are quite shimmery, but that's what I love so it's great for me! They last a long time with primer and I love the colors. When you first open them be careful...it is easy to get them all over the place!

I own Elegant, Natural, Celebrity, Golden, Sassy and Socialite. I have a picture above of what they actually look like. ELF is notorious for their pictures not being true-to-color. I am happy with all of mine though regardless!

They are smooth to apply, and a little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Applefizz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased 4 colors to give it a try: Elegant, Partier, Royal and Mysterious. I was attracted to the colors on the website but once I received them I was a bit disappointed with the actual colors. All were matte except for Elegant, which was shimmery. The texture was a not as fine as I was expecting and once I used them on my eyes, the colors looked unvenen.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by xkatalero

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought 12 of these: Golden, Seductive, Socialite, Elegant, Confident, Glamorous, Partier, Royal, Wild, Mysterious, Trendy, and Earthy. So far I'm very impressed with this product. It's fairly cheap, I bought mine during their 50% off sale so they were about $2.50 each. Most of them are shimmery, but pigmented with a few mattes. I have two complaints though, Wild is ridiculous. I mean, come on, chunky monkey gold glitter? No thanks. And ELF's swatches on their website are no where near accurate. My favorite would have to be Royal, it's a beautifully vibrant shimmery, plum. I am in love with it. :] I do recommend these, but I suggest you read a lot of reviews and see as many swatches as you possibly can.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got two colours, "angelic" and "temptress". i am disappointed. temptress is very matte. i was expecting it to be more shimmery, but it's not! angelic is alright, but not great. it doesn't stay on very well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a couple of these. I like these better than the EDM shadows I have bc they actually stay true. I use these over UDPP and the pigment stick. They don't turn dull or lose the shimmer. I can apply with whatever applicator I want, though I get the best results when I press it on with a sponge applicator (I only use the clinque ones from their shadows). Looking forward to pressing these.