Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 5/7/2010 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

A great mascara for lengthening but not for volume, which is what i look for in a mascara.
I find the wands hard to use just because they are short and the bit you hold onto is quite fat.

on 4/9/2010 6:32:00 PM

I really like this mascara!
When I first started using this, which was about 6 months ago, I would put the primer on (white), let it dry and then put on the second part(the mascara). I hated how it was clumpy etc until I realized why it was like that!
If you don't let it dry and put the mascara over the primer asap then its a really nice mascara. I love how long my lashes look and its not clumpy... I also find it gives a bit of volume!

on 3/29/2010 10:40:00 AM

I was looking for a new mascara in ULTA the other day, and came across this one. I really like it. It doesnt smudge, is very black, and the primer really does make my lashes a lot longer. I have voluminous lashes, so volume isnt really what Im looking for. I mostly want length and some curl. This is just that! I will probably buy this agian, as my go to d/s mascara. I also want to try some of the other XXL ones they have.

on 3/17/2010 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I'm still on the search for the perfect mascara, but this is a contender. I usually don't really like two-step mascaras, but this does seem lengthen my lashes considerably. It doesn't curl them, but it also seems to open them up, or something. They definitely point up after application.

I apply the primer to one eye, and then the mascara right after. I then repeat with the other eye. I don't have any problems with clumping or anything.

on 3/9/2010 1:51:00 PM

This is one of the better mascaras I've used. I have naturally long lashes, but with the primer and then the mascara part, they look extra long. I haven't had any trouble with flaking or smudging. I think it's easy to put on. It is a bit hard to get it all off though. I use eye makeup remover and there's usually still traces of the mascara for a couple days if I don't reapply. That's not a big deal to me though. I kind of wish it was more product because I feel like I might go through this a big faster than a regular tube. I'll definitely get it again though.

on 3/7/2010 4:16:00 AM

This is OK. The white undercoat part has the lengthening microfibres and the black overcoat doesn't, so this means if you wait too long after you've put on the lengthening white part and it dries too much, you get spider effect and it just looks way Tammy Winnette. It looks all dry and try hard.

If you don't wait long enough until the white part dries, the extensions get pulled off your lashes and using the extension primer was a waste of time. So, it's all a little tricky.

I prefer Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1, which has the micrfibres in the actual black mascara. Less mucking around, less freaky looking but still great length.

on 3/5/2010 4:24:00 PM

There is nothing lengthening about this mascara however, I do like how black it is and my lashes do standout. It is a little clumpy, doesn't smudge and removes easily. Not bad but, not perfect

on 2/22/2010 4:28:00 PM

I went a little overboard with this product the first time I used it. Step one, I used three coats and Step 2, I used another three or four coats. My lashes looked really long and there was a lot of volume, but due to the excessive amount of product I was looking a little Tammy Faye(ish). I tried again this weekend, using one coat of Step 1 and two coats of Step 2, again, really nice length, noticeable volume and an over all fullness to my upper lashes. I'm not a fan of Maybelline mascara's but XXL Extensions is a good product. No flaking or smudging (looking at you Bad Gal Lash). The only reason I have taken away a few lippies is, this stuff is hard to get off. I used makeup remover ( a lot) and my facial wash, but still had residue present in the morning. If it was much easier to take off I would gladly give it full marks.

EDIT-I have had to give this stuff the boot. It's just to hard to get off, and I notice that in my attempt to do so, I have pulled out a few eyelashes here and there. I want to make my eyelashes stand out, not fall out.

on 2/18/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The actual mascara in this product I really hate it is clumpy and just a big mess. But I love the primer (white) it is awesome, when I use this with Maybelline Full n' Soft it looks awesome. I would buy this mascara again just for the primer.

on 2/18/2010 5:38:00 PM

I bought this product a few months ago, and unfortunatley, I lost it! However, I am considering repurchasing because I liked it so much! I used the primer first, which comes out white, so then I used a darker mascara, sometimes I used the one on the other end, but other times I mixed it up and added another mascara, like Stilletto. It gives me a very defined, full look, that actually lasts!

Popular Mascaras