Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

(This is for the 88 Shimmer Palette). This palette is nice for the # of colors you get for the price. Some of the colors are very pigmented and smooth, and others are just a nasty, chunky glittery mess. The downside is that the pans are so tiny. If there is one color you really like and use often, it probably won't last very long because the pans are so darn small. Another problem I have is that the pans are so close together, and sometimes the eyeshadows crumble a bit when using them..then the colors all get into the other colors, and you end up with powder everywhere.
When I recieved mine in the mail from coastal scents, one of the eyeshadow pans had popped out of its place but didn't break. I figured, no big deal, I'll just glue it back. I've had it for maybe 6 months, I don't bang the palette around a lot or anything, but many of the pans have popped out of place.
Overall, its good especially if you are just starting to get into makeup, or if you want a lot of colors to experiment with but don't want to spend a ton. (If you are hesitant about buying it, there are a lot of big palettes like this on eBay for cheaper).

I bought this a few months ago, and I love it!
Some people may think it's really pricey, but honestly, you're getting 88 really amazing eyeshadows, and what'd you expect? For it to be $8? I think this is around $18, but I got it for $14 since they were having a sale.
The whole overall palette is actually smaller than I thought it'd be; the eyeshadows are about dime size, but it's still going to take you a while to go through them. Some of them are a lot more pigmented than others, but that's ok, you can just layer them wet.
What I don't like though, is the packaging. It's very flimsy and when the palette first arrived, there was a broken eyeshadow pan and it got everywhere, so just be really careful with this.
But overall, this was a very "worth-it" type of buy, and I especially recommend this to beginners. (:

love this product! if you use it with a primer it lasts all day! theres tons of colors and the price is great! cant beat it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this palette 1 year ago. I absolutely love it! They're really pigmented and this palette comes with 88 dime sized eyeshadows that are domed. The eyeshadows are satin finished matte finished and shimmery. They have a whole range of colors!! There are a lot of pigments in each pan! One pan will last you forever. For the price of 88 pigmented and high quality eyeshadows it is affordable and reasonable. The pricey part is the shipping. I got my package in about 2 weeks when I used the cheapest mailing option. The packaging is good. But the top part separated from the bottom part of my palette. But they don't fall apart. They still fit perfectly when I close the palette. When I run out or when my eyeshadows expire i will definitely repurchase this!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

coastal scents 88 is an eyeshadow palette that has a 88 colors, enough to use. the whole palette is smaller than A4 paper. each eyeshadow is the size a a dime.
i like to experience with bold colors so i decided to buy this product. this was back when i just started makeup(without buying to many single shadows). i when i got it, i loved it because of it wide color range. but i do find that the colors are not too pigmented, just a 8/10. though some on them are very un-pigmented, like white and black. the texture of each eyeshadow is hard and clumpy, but i don't mind that. it also doesn't last long. just by looking at it, u might think it has almost every single shade out there but NO. it lacks selections of orange and blue.i also noticed most of the eyeshadow has a satin finish. i think it will be pretty hard to carry if you need any touch up.
overall, i would recommend this to beginners or someone who wants something to expand their collections.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this palette.

I hadnít changed my makeup in years. I had two very bad reactions to eye shadows in the past. The company told me they had no way of knowing if I was allergic to something in the eye shadow. When I asked if they had changed anything, they said, they change the formulas so often there would be no way of narrowing it down. Nice.. Hence my eye shadow rut for so long.

I decided it was time for a change. I looked at every eye shadow color, palette, formula you could imagine. Then I found this. I mean, for the price, I think it rocks. Most of the colors are nice, pigmented, not a lot of fallout. The lighter colors could use some help but I donít wear pastel colors that much anyway.

And BEST of all, I did not have an allergic reaction to the shadows If you just need to something to do some experimenting with this is a great palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have had this palette since July 2010 and only hit pan on 3 colors. I used this palette a lot the first month I had it and rarely since. It's a good palette to have but, I have other palettes I love more. Some of the colors are a bit chalky but, still good. I find with certian colors my eyes water a bit.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

As I clicked the "Would you buy this product again?" question, I was wondering... COULD I buy this again? There's so much product, i can't imagine finishing it!

This is a really good palette for travelling, performances, newbie makeup artists or... well just about anyone! (Except for those makeup snobs) I adore some of these colors, like this certain raspberry-pruple-brown, and this perfect taupe. There are other colors I don't reach for as often, like the reds or greens. But those colors are extremely pigmented! I really enjoy this palette because it's perfect for travelling, however I hate using this at home! I wish they just sold the individual colors by themselves! I'd def buy the colors I like, and then take this palette on the road with me! :)

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Finally got mine in the mail today from the 30% off sale! It's bigger than I expected, it's about the size of a really thin netbook or something. It's also more sleek and sophisticated-looking than I expected.

Now onto the product itself. For what it's supposed to be, it's perfect. The palette of 88 colors is only $20 (or less if it's on sale), so you really shouldn't be expecting super amazing high-quality eyeshadows that last for 8 hours without creasing with no primer and are perfectly blendable or something amazing like that. However, it allows you to have a lot of different eyeshadow shades without paying a ton of money. I'm a sorority girl and I go to a lot of theme parties, and it's nice to have cheap eyeshadow that may not necessarily be amazing but will match my outfit. The eyeshadows definitely aren't bad by any means, I've certainly had much worse. They're just not as good as a high-end brand, which I wasn't expecting them to be.

Plus, it can also help you see what colors would be worth investing in a good brand/bigger-size product if you use that color a lot more than the others.

I probably won't have to buy again for a very long time, but if I do somehow use this up, I would certainly buy again.

I'm surprised to see such mixed reviews on this product.
Pigmentation - Many are very comparable to MAC, especially the darker and brighter shades. Those type of colors in particular tend to "stain" a little , which can be good or bad depending on your opinion.
Some colors can be a little chalky but proper blending and use of a primer can help that.
The size of the eyeshadows is about the size of a nickel or dime - plenty in my opinion, as I've never used up an entire shadow of any color or kind.
Packaging is pretty good - it's matte, somewhat thick plastic. The mirror is small and a little useless (the palette is hard to hold up and use due to its size) as are the applicators, but Coastal Scents makes great cheap brushes.
Bottom line: Unless you have an entire collection of MAC shadows or only use neutrals, pass on this. If you want great color payoff and tons of great colors without spending hundreds of dollars, get this - just be sure to use a primer or concealer underneath.

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products