October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by iceeblaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't live without this. Mascaras smudges on me like crazy, all of them! The waterproof mascaras don't make a difference, possibly even smudges more. So this is definitely HG!!

Pros:
- waterproof (good through rain as long as it's not pouring buckets)
- does not interfere with the mascara underneath
- helps loads with raccoon eyes
- can be removed with eye makeup remover

Cons:
- does not last that long for its price (maybe cuz I use a lot :p)
- I still get a bit of dark smudges by the end of the day, but nothing compared to without using this

I'd for sure buy this again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product three times, and I won't repeat the raves from the reviewers before me. I am NEVER without this product!

Suffice to say the best way to get the absolute best out of this product for the longest time possible is to:
(1) wipe ALL excess product from the wand back into the tube.
(2) apply no more than two coats
(3) wipe ALL residue before putting the wand back into the tube, as any contamination will diminish its water shielding properties.

If you watch out sometimes this goes on sale on strawberrynet. I was so desperate that I actually purchased this full price (at a very painful $42AUD). But it was absolutely worth it. Next time I will buy 2 at a time from strawberrynet. Or even 3. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know, this to me, is obsession. Yes it is very very expensive for 7ml of product ($23.00CAD), but it is an obsession that is worth every penny (not really, but since this is the only mascara seal in the makeup market..I'll say it is worth it). I wanted this for a long long time before I bought it, probably over 2 years, because even though I really wanted it, I always thought that it is not worth it. I can always use an umbrella..which is free. But when stormy days come and umbrellas become annoying decorations instead of well..umbrellas, my mascara would smudge, waterproof ones would flake. Not pretty! So I finally forked over the money for this little tube of clear gel, and it has become HG in my makeup bag since then. I will buy this again and again. It stands firm in pouring rain, or pouring tears, makes mascara glossier, and it holds my mascara there like nobody's business. I can now run in rain with no fear, cry with no fear of black creepy tears rolling down cheeks creeping everyone out. It makes EVERY mascara you have BETTER, and you don't have to buy DiorShow waterproof(the only one that doesn't flake and is actually waterproof in rain) all the time now, you can use your favourite drugstore mascara! And it will be awesome on rainy or hot days too! This changed my makeup life, seriously. A little hard to remove, but totally worth the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

This is super expensive, but it should last forever for me, and it has an extremely long shelf life (unlike regular mascara) so I won't have to rebuy for a long time. I have freakishly greasy lids so every single mascara (whether waterproof or not) smudges and gives me raccoon eyes. But not with this! I just apply a light coat of this over mascara and it is absolutely sealed! I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by floraonly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It seals my lashes with smudgy mascara very well. I feel like it still smudges a little bit, but its not a bi problem. For no smudging at all you'll have to coat the top and bottom of ur lashes, which i find not a very good idea since at the end of the dy, you'll have to remove mascara that feels like you aapplied 100 coats on!
TOOOO pricey for a product like this
Would be betther with a different packaging that shows how much product u have left :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara topcoat basically solved my mascara dilemma! My lashes have decent length but it's very thin so it's hard to tell if I even have that many lashes without mascara. It's hard for me to find a mascara that gives me the volume and definition I want without clumping or deflating my curl while leaving no black smudges underneath. My favorite mascara of all time is Maybelline Full N' Soft in waterproof which is ironic because I've tried all kinds of brands, from cheap to expensive and this beats all of them. It makes my lashes look full, smooth, feathery, with lash separation and held a curl extremely well. Only problem was it gave me black shadows undernearth my eye after about 2-3 hrs. No matter how good your lashes look, it's not worth it if you look like you're tired. I experimented and tried so many different mascaras and wasted a lot of money while doing it. Nothing just measured up to the Full N' Soft. If I found any that didn't leave smudges, it usually made my lashes either rock hard or just didn't look good. This Double Fix is my solution. I applied this Fix mascara after my Fn' S, letting it dry for about 30 sec. I applied it at 5am this morning and still no smudges! Without the double fix, I would've looked like a racoon by now! A great thing is it doesnt alter the way the mascara looks on it's own, still keeps the curl and it's not crunchy. It actually holds the curl extremely well. Even after I wipe my eyes w/makeup remover, the mascara will be gone but not the curl. Weird I know but it's awesome. I think for those of you that have had your mascara still smudge, it's most likely because some of you are using this as a primer. It's not suppose to be used before your mascara, but after. I suggest waiting for your mascara to dry, then apply this clear topcoat. Will definitely repurchase! PS. I have oily skin and almost every mascara I've tried smudges on me, except for maybe 2 but those didn't make my lashes look good. Also, I tried this on my brows and I don't like it. I don't have this problem with my lashes but it makes my brows look flaky and some parts stick together.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is an amazing mascara coat! my mascara often smudges, i always look like a panda in the end of the day. after i applied this, my mascara didn't smudge at all! i even had a little bit trouble removing it! it is very waterproof!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by filippa89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this product it worked very well. Then I couldn't find it in my drawer for a while until yesterday. I put it on first before mascara, which had a lengthening effect; then I applied a couple of coats after mascara. Several hours later I realised it was smudging like whoa! Thought I'd try again and reapplied; the smudging didn't stop at all. I did put on some eye cream underneath my eyes and I have makeup eating skin around eye area, still, it's supposed to be waterproof! Could it hold a curl? Yes. But I bought it for the anti-smudging function, which it failed to deliver.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by qdenise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading the reviews here(Clarins Mascara Fix) and considering what I have already in my vanity bag, I finally decided to give it a try. I got it 10% off in Debenhams. They didn't have an eyelash curler so I couldn't see how good it is to hold the curl. It does leave a whitish cast ONLY IF you wear too many coats--that's what I found out when I was trying the sample.
I'm a fan of those 90 degree lashes, but my Clinique High Impact Mascara is terrible at holding my poker straight asian eyelash, it also smudges. But since I bought this mascara fix, I wonder how it's really gonna "fix" it. This morning, I used a curler to make my lashes all nice and 90 degree curly, put on the new Double Fix...it holds the curl !!! I was really pleased, cos usually (except my HG mascara HR Lash Queen) mascara makes them straight as if I haven't used the curler. Then I applied High Impact, several coats, applied Double Fix again, a couple of coats....you can't tell I've used it really, it stopt the High Impact smudge but left my lashes with this waterproof coat. It's late evening now but it hasn't smudged, my lashes still have the curl just slightly not as much as this morning.

After all, it's a great product if you just want to hold the curl, prevent smudge and the embarrassment after being too emotional. I will keep using it as long as I haven't finished Clinique High Impact.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Diva007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This wonderful stuff has rescued me from panda eyes forever! I just couldn't find a mascara that would stay on my lashes, from cheapies to really expensive stuff, but Mascara Fix holds them all in place.

Just put a single coat over the top of your normal mascara and you're good to go. I really tested it out the other day by having a really good cry and my mascara didn't move an inch (at least I can rely on the mascara fix, not sure about the man!).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No