September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tiffi86

I really like this stuff. A lady at the counter recommended this to me for a flawless look which I like to go for. So many asian ads out there I really love the au natural look me being brought up with asian culture and beauty natural is best.
I gave it a try and I love love love it:) I just put a tiny bit on my face not too much and I get a lot of coverage. I use this with the shiseido concealer stick awesome!
I just dab it with a soft fluffy face brush and buff my imperfections away... weee:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Cakey and powdery. I have combination oily/normal skin and this stuff just sits on my face and doesn't do the skin melt. Blech. And I wish they came in more shades. I really like Shiseido (like their skincare and mascaras), but they really suck in terms of what kind of shades they can offer people, especially Asians, which I am one too because even I find it too yellow. And you know, there are some neutral-toned Asians out there. The O series of colour is ridiculously yellow to the point of orange and the I series of colour which is supposed to be neutral is STILL too yellow and then the B series of colour is just SO pink. I'm a bit stuck in between shades because I20 is a tad too light and too yellow and I40 is a bit too dark and yellow. But anyways, back to the foundation itself, it can give good coverage with a dense kabuki (don't bother with the sponge), but it just sits on top of your skin and it looks cakey and powdery. It also comes off really easily. I really wish Shiseido improved their foundations. They have the most inert ingredients, but the end product just does not cut it. Waste of what was almost 50CAD to buy this with the refill and the case (which, the refillable case is a great idea, btw).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't believe I almost didn't try this because I never liked the feel of shiseido powdery foundation.
This is amazing. I got my first compliment on the first day that I wore this. This is the best powder foundation I have ever used, and I have tried most of them.
This looks better than my own skin. It has a soft focus, melts into your skin after a few minutes, and I can't feel that I'm wearing makeup.
I have oily skin, but this has the staying power that I need. My face needed one average blot. No oxidation with this. I use 020 the same color I use for the foundation, and it's a perfect match for my NC25 skin. beautiful.. shiseido comes through again.
EDIT: I'm taking one lippy off because this settles a little into pores and dry areas. This is highly pigmented. I think I would take a little of the yellow away. No one is that yellow. It eventually blends into your skin, but the lightest shade in the O category is very yellow. I might see if I need a different shade for this powder. I also have to blot more frequently, and the makeup comes off. I am trying I20. Not sure this is as good as I originally thought. Oily breakthrough with this. Can't find a good color match. Come on shiseido. Why keep discontinuing the good products...
OILY SKINNED GALS BEWARE....this leaves a sheen/shiny film after about an hour!

O= ochre (yellow based)
I=ivory (pink/yellow based)
B=beige (neutral/peach)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This review is for this foundation except without the SPF. I had hopes for this product given it's non-comedogenic and it's a Shiseido product. I luved how this gave me a radiant glow and the colouring was so close to my skintone (NC 20 to NC 25) - bought I100 (i think it's called Light Ivory). However, it goes on cakey and it's quite prominent that I'm wearing a foundation (this never happened with my HG MAC Studio Fix powder foundation). In addition, it really accentuates the dry areas on my skin and makes it look very flakey. Not impressed. I also dislike the fact that I had to buy the cover separately at $9 Cdn (before taxes). The foundation refill is $34 Cdn (before taxes). The price range for the refill is pretty good compared to other brands of foundations. Giving it 3 lippies because it's non-comedogenic, appropriately priced, cover is so cute, colouring is great for my skin, and gives my skin a radiant glow. Wish it didn't go on cakey and didn't accentuate my dry areas. Did I mention, that It also really dried out my skin (and I'm oily/combination - Go figure!).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by moonstone2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is potentially ideal for those with normal to dry skin who normally are unable to tolerate the drying effects of powder foundations. I have dry, sensitive, Rosacea-prone skin and found that, if anything, a light dusting of this powder (I used my BB powder brush rather than the enclosed sponge) failed to completely mattify my sunscreen. I don't mind this, though, as I prefer a slightly dewy finish. Despite using a light hand, the foundation did manage to cover my pink areas perfectly, and left my complexion with a beautifully radiant glow. I agree with other reviewers that this formula can cake around the nose, so careful blending around this area is recommended. Also, if used with a heavy hand, it runs the risk of highlighting pores. But the finish is so smooth and attractive, the pluses outweigh the cons, imo. It's worth noting that this formula does run a bit darker than Shiseido's popular powdery foundation. I'm NW10 and discovered that the lightest shade, #100, is too dark for me. I think #100 would be most suited to someone around NW15-NW20. Even with these drawbacks, I'd give this foundation a higher rating, were it not that it appears to aggravate my Rosacea and may be causing my skin to slightly sting and flush. Because of this, I will probably not continue to use Perfect Smoothing, and will stick with my safe HG setting powder, minus foundation, for now. If you have normal to dry, reasonably resilient skin, I think this complexion-flattering formula is definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Me: About NC-25, NC-27. Warm light skin. Some sun damage, uneven skin tone. Tried this in O20 with the sponge it comes with...Oh, no! AWFUL. It emphasized every pore and wrinkle and made me look 10 years older! (Not the look I was going for). I decided to try it again the next morning as a finishing powder. I used BB Skin Foundation in Beige, then used the Shiseido powder with a powder brush to lightly set the make-up. I am happy with the finish. It's smooth and creamy, not too matte like before when using the sponge, yet it makes any sun spots disappear AND it looks natural. After blending the powder well, I topped it off with BeneFit's Coralista blush. I'm very happy with the results...radiant and healthy-looking skin. I recommend this to anyone with normal-dry skin who needs medium coverage. Make sure to use a brush, though.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Feels nice. Looks nice for 5 minutes then looks like crap. Very masky, melts into and accentuates deep lines - extremely unnatural looking finish. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried this on, I was blown away. I was on the upside from recovering from an extremely bad breakout, and I needed a full-coverage foundation to help cover up old marks and mask blemishes. When I put it on, my face looked FLAWLESS. Same shade all throughout, I thought it was a miracle! A recent graduate from liquid foundations, I found it super quick and ridiculously easy to get the same coverage all over. It was buildable too, felt light, and felt satin smooth to the touch. Couldn't have forked over my money quick enough. I also adored the sponge, and being on RAM and finacea, I adored the fact that it was SPF 15.

Over the next 2 weeks though, I noticed it was harder to cover up marks and blemishes, efforts to do so gave such an obviously mask-like pallor on my face - because THE BLEMISHES WERE INCREASING. It was heartbreaking, but I was getting small blemishes where they had been decreasing, and the only thing I changed was this. Returned it promptly, and I'm trying Cover FX's powder foundation which is similar but I've heard is great for acne-prone skin.

If this doesn't irritate your skin or clog your pores - I highly recommend it. It gives an unbelievable flawless airbrushed look. But be careful if you are clog-prone like me, because it will destroy your face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by isabelgk

Delivers natural to medium coverage, flawless/matte finish, easy application, goes on smooth and soft, have received numerous compliments since i started using it. ONly teensie downside is it doesn't keep my nose shine-free for very long, but that is easily fixed with blotting papers, so no big deal there... verdict: LOVE it and will definetely by repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ekim413

As long as I moisturize well before applying this powder I am able to achieve an even medium coverage without caking in any one particular spot. While it does initially appear powdery I find that it blends into my skin naturally and smoothly by the time I complete my face routine. Sometimes I spritz my finished face with a moisturizer spray to have a less matte, dewy glow. This is a very comfortable powder to wear and I have yet to experience any reactions in the 4-6 weeks I have been using this (I can't wear MMU due to sensitivity). This powder glides easily on my skin, with or without primer, however it accentuates dry patches so minus 1 lippie from originally 4/5.