December 21, 2014 | 1681 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a 37 year old woman with tough, oily skin and mild acne, I cannot ask for much more in a facial wash. It's inexpensive, smells lovely, removes all makeup, and exfoliates. The beads are smooth enough to not irritate my eye area or mess with my eyelashes and brows - but do the job of exfoliating. I can feel it in my skin when I don't use this - it feels less clean, less smooth, less refreshed. I even use it on my makeup brushes once a week (daily on my foundation stippling brush) to really get them clean. Now, if you have dry skin - not for you. If you have sensitive skin - not for you. If you have moderate to severe acne - not for you. But if you have oily, resilient skin with a few zits a month that needs a through cleaning and exfoliating - this is a great product.

PROS:
- inexpensive (shop sales)
- deep cleans
- beads are gentle yet effective
- smooths skin, prepping it well for moisturizer and makeup
- removes all makeup
- helps with mild acne
- great for oily skin
- great scent and color
- works well on my sigma and elf brushes
CONS:
- not a gentle product - sensitive skin beware
- not an HG acne fighter - you will still need zit cream on occasion
- can be drying for those without oily skin

For me, I think it's a great product for my oily, adult acne prone skin. I have been told I have great skin for my age, and this is definitely part of the regime that gets me there.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Zhanna41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have probably already bought my 6th one since first using this. I see big improvement in my skin after using this. I still get the occasional monthly breakouts but the rest of the month, my skin is so smooth and clear. A little pricey though but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by yesitslaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell is wonderful, just like grapefruit! This does better as an acne preventative rather than a treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by dhawan

I had acne all over my head and after using this product it did clear acne on my forehead but i noticed acne on my cheeks and it didn't help with blackheads! :( It would always get on my lips making them dry, chapped and bumpy. Maybe this product just wasn't for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Lexikitana97

Best face wash ive ever used. Not for dry skin but its the only face wash that has ever worked for me. And it smells amazing. I recommend it to people with oily skin not dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this a while ago. I brought it because I needed a facial wash. I looked to the neutrogena products as I have acne prone skin. It had nice packaging, cute pink colour and smelled amazing. After using it my face did feel refreshed but I usually feel refreshed after I wash my face anyway. This is where the good news stop. I didn't notice any difference with my acne and I actually noticed I broke out more around the time I used this but this could be a coincidence. It also left my skin feeling irritated and unusually red. Such a shame because it smells nice. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I felt this product really clean and purify my skin from most of my acne. it left my skin feel very fresh and thoroughly cleansed. After daily usage for months, I ran out. It took me about 1-2 weeks to re-purchase this product because I was very busy. When I finally re-purchased it and started to use it daily once again, I noticed how dry it was making my skin. I also felt its skin-purifying effect that it had on my acne with the previous bottle I used was slowly diminishing. So basically all I was getting my dry, itchy skin.
This product is good. But I only recommend it if you have super oily skin that is not easily irritated. It cleans the skin well. If you have other acne-prone skin types, I suggest you use it twice a week or so as an intensive skin scrub/purifier so you'll minimise the chance of irritation and severe dryness.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by girlmeetsworld

For the first few days of use, I have to confess I loved this product! The smell is great, and it exfoliated nicely! However as I continued using it, I realized I was developing acne on my forehead! I had never had actual acne before, only the occasional spot/pimple! So I came on here and found out the same thing was happening to other people. I immediately stopped using it and my skin eventually went back to normal. I do NOT recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mayarosec

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This both dried my skin and made me break out. I normally have fairly clear skin but it was a mess for the few weeks I insisted on using this scrub, thinking I should give it a chance before I gave up on it. I will say that the smell is amazing! So great in fact, that I can't bring myself to throw the stuff out. Now I use it to wash my feet, so it manages to serve a purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this scrub. It doesn't prevent breakouts and doesn't make my acne clear up faster. It reduces the redness of my acne and keeps breakouts from getting out of control.

I use this scrub once to twice a day and it rarely feels too drying, as long as I moisturize after. It smells absolutely AMAZING. I would jump ship for an acne scrub that actually clears up my acne, but until then I don't feel too bad about sticking with this product.