September 18, 2014 | 1900 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Anti-Shine Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ladybubblepop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this product.
I have oily/ acne prone skin. I love how the texture was silky and smooth.
I was partying all night and my skin stayed shine free.
I bought the product because I got 70% off :))))))))))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

So wasn't sure about this at first, but I figured out how to apply it and concluded that this was NOT what was making me break out (damn you NARS sheer glow) and now I gotta say I really really like it. Anything like the the smashbox photo finish is the antichrist for my oily skin so I need something light and shine controlling and decided to give this a shot. This stuff is reasonably priced, $23 CDN, comes in a tube which is sanitary so I can't complain, and has a light gel like consistancey. One lippie off because this stuff dries at the speed of light! Make sure you dot it on and spread it over your face in sections or the application will be patchy and weird. Once on it feels silky and does a nice job of smoothing out little lines and filling in pores (wouldn't use it under the eyes though). The truely awesome thing about this though is holy crap does it control oil!!! Seriously 8 hours later I have just a tiny but of breakthrough on my nose and forehead that is easily taken care of with just one blotting paper. Oh yeah, and my make-up? Right were it's supossed to be. I suspect this will become one of those items that just happens to always be in my stash and I'll keep going back to again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by babysoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and was looking for something that would help control my shine. The SA recommended this to me so I took a chance and bought it. It generally does help control my shine for about 2 hours, but then I get oily again an have to blot. Another bad thing about this is that It broke me out. So I will not be re-purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sometimes I don't have time to do touchups on my makeup (and sometimes I can't even find the time to blot my face). When I saw this on Sephora.com, I had to give it a shot. It sounded promising.

This product is actually very good if you have oily and/or bumpy skin. The primer evens out my face really nicely. Once it dries, it makes my face feel like velvet. I love the way it makes my skin feel, so sometimes I wear it without even putting foundation on top!

As for the shine control, I think it works really well. Granted, it isn't going to last you 16-hours, but I don't have a trace of shine for up to 7-8 hours. This primer comes in handy for wearing makeup during one's work day.

The packaging is decent. I would prefer if it had a pump, but squeezing the product out of a tube doesn't bother me too much (as long as it's sanitary, I won't complain too much). It does its job, and that's the important thing.

Overall, I recommend this product. Sephora surprised me with the quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is not my favorite product, i purchased this because my store was out off the sephora brand smoothing primer -- this dries so quickly on my face and makes it hard to apply my liquid foundation afterwards (i personally like the smooth feeling that other primers give that allow your foundation to slide on seamlessly)/ it does however, do what it says -- it gives a completely matte finish to my skin. i personally love matte skin, but this takes it a little too far for me. i find myself spraying fix plus on my face afterwards to liven my face up. photographs very nicely though -- this will probably end up being used up on the wedding party i am doing in the coming month.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lexiibabii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is prettyyyyy cool. I am ALWAYS oily, like I wash my face and 2 hours later if I run my fingers along my forehead it looks like I just grabbed a piece of fried chicken.. lol gross. So I will confess that I just used it today for the first time under liquid foundation and setting powder so I can't really speak to how it will affect my skin in the long run- break outs or that sort of thing. I've had it on about 9 hrs and I have ZERO shine. Dries fast which is a good and bad thing... good if you're in a hurry bad if you want to blend it out more. Other than that... I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought this a week ago and it's an ok product. You've got to get in on your skin fast as it dries quickly. It does a pretty good job making my oily skin looking matte, but I use mineral foundation and by 3pm my makeup is sliding off.

I will have to try this product under a liquid foundation to see if it works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by eelin77

This stuff is AMAZING!
For S$30, it's worth every single cent. All I need is a little pea-sized amount for my cheeks and forehead and I'm shine-free from 8am till at least 5 or 6pm. I used to have to blot 2-3 times a day, but with this, no more blotting required. It doesn't give a super matte finish (which is unreal), but it keeps the super shine away, and by the end of the day, with a little oil peeking through, it just looks like my make up is sheer.

As the name implies, it's an Anti-Shine Primer; so don't expect it to fill out your pores for a smooth base, it won't. It keeps shine away. What I've tried is to use a pore-filler, moisturise, then dab this primer just before putting foundation and powder. Works well for me. And I live in a super hot & humid equatorial country!

Hope this helps some of you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by so_fee_ahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had really high hopes for this product! In the end, it didn't live up to its claim. I used this in the morning prior to my mineral foundation application and it looked absolutely flawless. However, two hours into work already and I come to check myself in the mirror....and lo and behold my face looks so shiny on my cheeks, chin, and forehead!! Plus, it's balling up in little clumps in various areas. Overall, I WAS NOT SATISFIED. I returned it back to Sephora within 3 days. I think I'm just going to stick with my Smashbox primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Teenageaxium

I really like this product. About an hour after I finish my makeup my skin is already oily enough to where my powder and foundation will rub off on anything, even my hands after the slightest touch. When I use this my cheeks are matte all day, my skin feels soft and looks great. I might have to blot once if at all. I love it. The only thing I dont like is the smell, it smells sort of like that cheap clear mask you put on your face and peel off, but other than that its fantastic