Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

At first, I didn't notice anything. I was quite disappointed actually, and then I done something one of the other users suggested by mixing it in with my foundation on the back of my hand before applying. Wow, what a difference! I really like this product after all, would definitely re-purchase and I recommend it to people who may have dry patches of skin on their face otherwise easily noticed with other primers / foundations.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I had this primer for over 1,5 years; even though it's not the only one that I use, it still lasts a pretty long time. I absolutely love it, it eliminates shine, reduces the appearance of the enlarged pores near my nose area, helps the foundation to stay on longer. It's not a miracle product, but it works really well compared to other primers I have used -- like E.L.F. Mineral Infused Primer or L'oreal Studio Secrets, Lumene's, Bare Escentuals'. Avon's primer must be the best one in its price range, and I always seem to reach for that one when it's special occasion and I need to look extra nice.

on 3/5/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This product is okay. I have VERY OILY skin and i like to use this as a mattifying primer or sometimes i just use it alone. it doesn't really mattify like it claims it will, but maybe my skin is just to oily for this product. i will still continue to buy because it does kinda conceal my blemishes and it does mattify my skin for about an hour on cool day!

It does what it claims to mattify the skin, but it burn my cheeks. Will not repurchase. Also I hate that it can't stand properly on it's own.

on 2/18/2012 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This is very mattifying... keeps my face shine free all day long- for at least 12 hours. The price is reasonable. Good job Avon.

on 2/11/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I REALLY love this product! It works so well as a primer for underneath make up as it reduces my chances for blemishes and fights away existing ones. It also keeps me shine free and it has 20spf in it so that's just an added bonus. Its the best primer I have used and I don't see myself stopping use of this anytime soon :) btw the reason I gave it 4 stars is b/c i believe that there is always room for improvement.

on 1/18/2012 6:48:00 AM

I really tried to like it. I saw it, I read the reviews and thought to myself "hey, finally, an affordable primer!" but I hate it.
When I first bought the scent imeadiately throw me off but I kept using it because once its actually on your face you cant really smell it. But then again I see no positive difference in my face when I use it: its not matter, it doesnt blur anything, my pores look the same... If anything it leaves my face shinier and with this nasty greasy feeling on my face. I hate its texture!
But I was told it was a bad batch so I got another one... Same story! And now I have two tubes of this sitting in my vanity because I cant even use it for the sake of ending it.

on 1/14/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

The best primer I've used to smooth out the large pores I have around my nose and inner cheek area. I like to try different primers now and then, thinking that there must be something even better out there (some I've tried: Korres, Murad, Smashbox - original and light, MUFE, Dr. Brandt's Pores No More, and BE - which breaks me out every.time.), yet I always return to my trusty cheapie Avon Magix. I use a pea-sized amount and apply it to just my nose and cheeks, let it set for a few seconds, and proceed with foundation (liquid or powder - it plays well with both). Great product.

on 1/10/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just repurchased for the 3rd time, this works great for controlling my oily skin and keeping my makeup on throughout the day. If you have dry skin, this product may be too drying for you because I have to use a good moisturizer or even skip some dry areas if I'm having some dryness. I live in a very hot/humid climate so this really helps keep the oiliness at bay. Much cheaper than Sephora or department store brands too!

on 1/5/2012 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I would go as far as saying this is HG. I am on my 6th tube Avon have surpassed all my expections.

This costs £10 in the UK and is so worth it and then some. Leaves MUFE Nars and LM in the dust.

Really helps my makeup stay and doesn't cling to dry spots feels nice and only a tiny amount is needed.