April 21, 2014 | 1027 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best primer I've used to smooth out the large pores I have around my nose and inner cheek area. I like to try different primers now and then, thinking that there must be something even better out there (some I've tried: Korres, Murad, Smashbox - original and light, MUFE, Dr. Brandt's Pores No More, and BE - which breaks me out every.time.), yet I always return to my trusty cheapie Avon Magix. I use a pea-sized amount and apply it to just my nose and cheeks, let it set for a few seconds, and proceed with foundation (liquid or powder - it plays well with both). Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by BrendaT09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just repurchased for the 3rd time, this works great for controlling my oily skin and keeping my makeup on throughout the day. If you have dry skin, this product may be too drying for you because I have to use a good moisturizer or even skip some dry areas if I'm having some dryness. I live in a very hot/humid climate so this really helps keep the oiliness at bay. Much cheaper than Sephora or department store brands too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by mya2403

I would go as far as saying this is HG. I am on my 6th tube Avon have surpassed all my expections.

This costs 10 in the UK and is so worth it and then some. Leaves MUFE Nars and LM in the dust.

Really helps my makeup stay and doesn't cling to dry spots feels nice and only a tiny amount is needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by VioletDesdemona

This was an okay product. The first time I used this product it did nothing for me. However with continous use, I did find that it made my makeup look somewhat better. All in all, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by dante001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this around my eyes under my concealer. Makes my concealer go on nice and smooth and make up lasts all day. Avon has great prices for good quality make up.....their products have improved tremendously over the years

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sabelita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the worst product I've bought for what it's supposed to do - in fact it does NOTHING!! I wish I hadn't spent the money, little as it was. I could've bought a lot of Elf or WnW or something else to last me months/years. I should've known I was already spoiled from Clarins, EL, Clinique, etc.

Sorry!! I was too hasty in reviewing this. I don't know what I did wrong - tried it on too small an area maybe.

This is working GREAT for me. I don't need to use the Clinique pore minimizer any more. This does the same thing for a small fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by JosieTheDuck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have quite oily skin, with some dry patches. I'm buying this primer 3rd time now. I'm using it with powder products and now I don't use powder during the day. But in winter I have more dry skin, so it is ok with it too. When I don't use this primer I have greasy face in only few hours. Apart from that this is not the best primer in the world. I haven't tried too many of those, but if I use Avon primer with liquid foundation the results are not as good as with powder products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lemmingkiss

I have a love/hate relationship with this primer. Avon usually has sales, so you can get this for around $6 - $8. The first time I used it, a clear liquid and a white gel came out, which showed the product separated and it was kinda gross...I recommend squeezing the tube around to make sure everything is combined into ONE primer. Major problem I had is that this stuff SMELLS really, really bad. Really...chemically. If you're sensitive to smell, I don't think you can handle. I'm usually not, and this really caught my attention. The scent does die down once it's on your face, though. I admit, that this made my face really smooth, filling in the spaces of my pores, making my face ready for foundation. The lasting power isn't so great. I have oily skin and I found my oil fighting the primer, through my foundation, making my face look patchy, blotchy, and uneven. However, this could be touched up with some blotting papers and powder, but really? I don't want to go through with that. Overall, this isn't worth the price you pay for and I don't recommend it, despite the only good thing it can do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says on the tube. I cant smell anything when I use this product on my customers and clients. They love how it makes their skin smooth, sateeny looking and keep their makeup on longer. None have made any comment on horrid smells!!!! Primers are generally all silicone based products that must be used minimally. A very thin coating is all thats required.This seems to be where some clients go wrong and find their makeup beading. Fab product. Always use this product on a perfectly cleansed and toned skin. Its amazing how many customers tell me their skin is clean and its NOT!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WAY better than Laura Mercier, Mac, MUFE, and all the other brands. while I don't have a problem with pores (knock on wood) this helps my make up NOT move it will seriously last AMAZINGLY and it has this wonderful; silky texture. Now the cons for me I can get over but still, It doesn't dry and absorb as fast so that's more waiting during the makeup routine and the other thing is i have EXTREMELY dry skin and this accentuate them so that bothers me :(