July 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Sunscreen - Eucerin - Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only moisturizer I have found that I can use every single day without it causing redness or acne in my sensitive skin. I will probably keep using it for a while!

I use this as a daily moisturizer with spf rather than as a traditional sunscreen. As a sunscreen, however, it's definitely worthy of five stars. I don't know any other sunscreen that I could wear every single day without getting my pores clogged.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good sunscreen that would have a higher concentration of protection. It made my face oily so I gave to my sister.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to get a moisturizer with SPF in it, so I decided to give this one a try. I really like it b/c it sinks into my skin and doesn't feel sticky; there's not much of a smell and I like the pump it comes with. I've only used this in the fall/winter so far, so I'm not sure how it will perform for me in the summer, but I'll definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by NightShift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is very fair and sensitive, and sunscreen is my main defense against premature aging (most of the "sensitive" anti-aging products are far too strong for me), so sunscreens are something I try out a lot.

I wanted to try this sunscreen because it is marketed for sensitive skin, and have heard good things about Eucerin, so why not?

Well lets start with the positive, the texture is light and easy to spread (too light for me because my skin is dry, so I have another moisturizer) and it sinks in very quickly. There is a strong "sunscreen" smell. My skin is left matte and a little smoother. But then comes the fall.

As soon as I have applied this to my face it rolls off. Literally. Neck, forehead, cheeks, everywhere, it rolls off.

I actually asked a dermatologist about this, and his immediate response was, "You're putting too much on". At the time I was struck dumb so I let it go, but now that I've had some time to think about this I strongly believe it is just this sunscreen.

I have been using sunscreen *daily* since I was 14. Daily. I've tried a lot over the years and I have never had a sunscreen roll up on me like this. Just for my own curiosity I put a thinner layer on, and it still rolled up on me. I honestly think my chemistry does not work with this sunscreen.
While I do use a moisturizer underneath, I let it sit in for 10-15 before I put on the sunscreen (I have breakfast, etc), and again, I don't have this problem with other sunscreens.

..alas, the hunt for the HG sunscreen continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mistymew28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have been using it for years. I love that it's an everyday face lotion that has spf (without have the grease sunscreens frequently have). Not only does it have spf, but it's spf 30 and UVA/UVB. Other face lotions I have seen only have an spf 15 if they have any at all. I put this on right after the shower, and I don't go a day without using it. It moisturizes very well. If I'm going to be outside all day, I just apply it in the morning and I don't even have to reapply - even after being in the water! I don't get sunburnt at all, which really says something because I get beat red if I don't wear sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great spf lotion. It's gentle on my acne prone/combination skin. It doesn't irritate. It provides good yet not too heavy moisturization during the summer time. In the winter I'll put this over a slightly more winter friendly day moisturizer to still keep the high spf sun protection. (It doesn't provide quite enough moisture for my skin in the winter, hence the four lippies instead of 5.) I'll also mix this sometimes with my liquid foundations to create a tinted moisturizer. I love that it has a pump, because that makes it more sanitary. This is a solid product to be a part of anyone's skin care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by looseygooseyiamnot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just a bit of a background on my skin: Extremely reactive, and for a long time, I was unable to wear any kind of SPF I tried because they all caused severe irritations to my face.
For some reason, despite wanting to give up on finding SPF that worked, I tried this out of desperation. My skin actually loves it. It soothes, it moisturizes and it protects! It does have a bit of a white cast at first, but I make sure to blend it in really well. No irritation, no breakouts.
I find the finish leaves my skin quite dewy and healthy looking.
All I can say is thank the Universe for this product because I don't know where I'd be without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by himboden28

This didn't seem to actually moisturize my face very much. When I would finish putting it on there would still be dry spots. It only seemed to leave my skin feeling a bit shiny/oily. Only plus side, it comes in a decent bottle with a cap for the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jaylee74

moisturizing with a high spf without the spf smell and it comes with a pump. One pump of this stuff will do. What else can you ask for. A plus? CHEAP!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lesdesirables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Several months ago, I resolved to slowly start transitioning my skin care to less expensive, high quality, and tested products. I have tried several lines and regimens including Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Ole Henriksen, Caudalie and most recently, I have been using only Bobbi Brown skin care. I won't lie, I love it. I think that some high-end products are worth the cost and others, well you are just paying for the marketing and packaging. So, I've been on a quest to replace any product that is not on my "must have" list.

I'm really excited to write this review, because this product is the first to make it on the new list! It is replacing my Shiseido Sun Protection Cream for Face 55 SPF. I have been using this face cream religiously for years so this is a big deal! Before I found the Eucerin, I found no other face creams/ lotions with enough SPF that also didn't make me oily and gave me the kind of matte finish I loved about the Shiseido cream. Just for comparison, The Shiseido cream is a thicker consistency, smells delightful, comes in a tube, gives you a matte finish, and you get 2 oz for $32. It's really not bad when compared to other brands like Bobbi Brown, which has a SPF lotion 1.7 for $48. However, after reading reviews on this Eucerin on MUA, I decided to try it out. I'm so glad I did. I think I was determined not to like it over the first few days, but after about 2 weeks of use, I realized that the Eucerin lotion provided just as good results as the Shiseido did.

I am an avid sunscreen user. I believe that sun protection is the key to good skin. I also believe that there is too much hype on the SPF #, where pretty much after SPF 15, there is almost no difference. I did notice at least a slight jump in the protection between 15 and 30, so I do try to find lotion that is SPF 30. Anything beyond that is what I think is more marketing, less value.

I use this as my daily face lotion, after my serum and eye cream. Some things I love about it:
- Pump: I use 1 and 1/2 to cover my face and neck. I rub it in the palm of my hands and blot onto my face until I can see that there is a slight white layer evenly distributed. I just continue to blot away until completely covered.
- Matteness: Once the lotion dries, there is no white cast or oiliness. I have oily/ combination skin in the summer and dry/ combination in the winter, so it is important that a lotion does not make my oily. I was most impressed by the fact that midday, I was less oily than usual.
- Packaging: Okay, I'll admit it. I love beautiful packaging. So much so, that I will transfer my products that come in plain packages into my beautiful jars from used high-end products - just for how pretty it looks on my vanity. Call me weird, or just a normal female. However, this is one that I just leave as is, because of how well the pump works. It's functional.
- Consistency: creamy enough that I feel like I am getting good coverage, but light enough to spread easily. I would say just perfect, as I thought the Bobbi Brown lotion was too watery and the Shiseido was a bit thick.
- Fragrance: none at all! I would much rather no fragrance than a heavy one, or one I even mildly dislike.
- Cost: the best of all, but certainly not the only reason I use this - you get 4oz for less than $10. That's just awesome.

All in all, it has taken months to write this review, but I've stopped my quest for the SPF lotion. I'm still on it for others!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No