Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 4/25/2012 4:02:00 AM

I've been using this moisturizers for year. I have sensitive combination skin, and I burn really easily. I needed something that wasn't overly greasy, wouldn't make my face sting (the problem with a lot of moisturizers containing sunscreen) yet offered good protection. This stuff does a great job. It goes on smooth and light, and I never feel any sort of irritation or skin tingling. I love that it contains zinc oxide, and the spf 30 really lasts for most of the day (though if I'm out in the sun for a prolonged period of time, or in the late afternoon or later I'll add a second layer). It does have a light hue to it, but it fades away quickly on my skin. (I do have very pale skin, so it kind of blends in, I guess.)

Best of all, this stuff is very reasonably-priced! I would recommend it to anyone else who has pale, sensitive skin prone to burning in the sun.

I'm a huge fan of Eucerin products, and this facial SPF is my HG. For the longest time I was unable to use SPF on my face, each product I tried irritated my skin horribly, turning it red, blotchy and puffy. I just about given up until I remembered I used to use this product in my early 20's. This product doesn't irritate my skin, and actually protects it amazingly well from the sun (I put it to the test, more than once). It hydrates really well, sinks in well and leaves a healthy, dewy finish on my skin. It does come out a bit too white at first, but I blend it in really well and the white quickly disappears. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't cause acne, it's just perfect. To add to all the pluses, it's affordable, easily accessible and the packaging is hygienic. Here is to praying Eucerin doesn't discontinue it, like they did to their pore refining line.

on 4/18/2012 8:01:00 PM

I've come to really depend on this for my face, ears and neck and recently bought the 2/1 special at my local Walgreens. There are many things to like...the SPF 30 is probably a much protection for my skin tone, but I still feel that I need it. The pump is designed to dispense 1/2 a teaspoon of product which is enough for my face, ears and neck. The formulation is thick and creamy and rich, but contains no ingredients that break me out.

The formula has no fragrance or colors, is non-comedogenic, and uses a microfine zinc oxide as a physical block against sun damage. Because my skin-tone is "golden-beige" (light olive), it does give me a whitish sheen, however I don't find this a problem; it blends in with my (slightly darker) foundation and compliments my skintone extremely well once absorbed.

That said, I would not recommend this for any skin tones darker than NC42 because the whitish cast may not be as forgiving on the darker skin tones. The moisturizer is perfect for my sensitive, aging skin and truly helps keep wrinkles at bay. I wear it at night because I really don't use a night cream, just an eye cream. It also works well with my other skin care - especially the Skinceuticals Retinol and Hydroquinone products I use.

Finally it's got the Eucerin name which is a thumbs up with the Skin Cancer Foundation and my derm.

on 4/13/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Brilliant, brilliant product. Hands down this is the best facial sunscreen and moisturiser i have used. After running through a huge variety of sunscreens from expensive to cheap, i have finally found one that is perfect, and as luck would have it, it's one of the cheapest! Over the last year or so i have tried Clinique advanced protection face cream spf 30 (slight grainy feel, not moisturising, highlights flakies), an Anthelios face and body milk spf 50 (too harsh, made my face peel slightly), various chemist brands with spf that was too low, Jurlique spf 30 (way too expensive for long term use), i finally turned to MUA In desperation and bought a bottle of this on so many good recommendations. Nice thin, smooth application which moisturises my normal/ slightly dry skin perfectly and provides an excellent makeup base. Spf 30, awesome! Why companies still make sunscreens lower than 30 is beyond me! Skin cancer is real and can be deadly, i had a cancer removed from my back last year from damage incurred when i was a child, i haven't been in the sun without sunscreen for 15 plus years! And if you're not concerned about cancer, at least know that by putting a generous layer of sunscreen on every day you are doing the best possible thing to prevent lines and wrinkles later on, all thos anti-aging creams are worthless if you're not wearing a high spf. Save your fancy Aesop and Dr. Hauschka products for night time and grab yourself a bottle of this to use during the day, you can thank me
later!

on 4/12/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know what's up with this moisturizer, but it never fully absorbs into my skin. I mean, when you touch my face it *feels* like it's completely absorbed, but if I put makeup over it, my makeup rubs off way easy, like it doesn't wanna "stick" to the moisturizer. And this is Revlon Colorstay foundation I'm talking about! It just rubs right off! Also, the SPF is useless. I went to the zoo for 8 hours and came home with my face fried. I was never in contact with water, didn't sweat (it was only 60 degrees out), and by the end of the day it was all too apparent this moisturizer failed me. But it does moisturize quite well, and hasn't made me break out or anything, so I guess that's a plus.

on 3/31/2012 11:05:00 PM

I love this sunscreen :) i use it daily on my face and i bring it down to my neck, im careful not to put too much on because i feel like it gets greasy. I can put this over my eyes and it wont sting them or irritate them. There is a slight spf scent to it but that doesnt bother me.

on 3/29/2012 11:46:00 AM

I love this stuff! I had been searching for an spf moisturizer and this has done everything I have ever dreamed of. This leaves my skin moisturized all day. It doesn't leave any whiteness on my face. I leave my face damp after washing, warm this up in my hands and apply to my face. It is lightweight with no odor. Also, since using this, my acne has been clearing up (probably more due to me stopping usage of another product). It also hasn't caused any new acne!

on 3/24/2012 12:21:00 PM

This is my go to sunscreen and moisturizer. It is very light and does not leave my face greasy at all, even in the summertime. My skin absorbs it quickly, and I can apply make up, specifically powder based blush, without looking like a clown.

on 3/11/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a life saver! for ppl who hates buying sunscreen and hates wearing sunscreen! Although i love japanese brand sunscreen (no scent and very thin/liquidy, and MATTE) all of the ones in the states are really thick and heavy sunscreen scented and leaves you looking oily! the first couple of times i used this i noticed a slight sunscreen scent, but over time i couldnt notice anymore. and also at first it left my face a little oily but after about a week my skin got used to it and it was great! easily absorbed into skin and feels so light. sometimes when my skin is dryer i add a bit of vanicream and its all great. a little expensive around 8+ dollars so it took me a while to decide to pick this up but really, 8 dollars is NOTHING, i dont even kno why i hesitated b/c sunscreen on its own from the drugstore are usually lik 12$ so this is such a deal for spf30 and a good moisturizer.

on 3/10/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a no nonsense gentle moisturizer with SPF 30. I was using shiseido ultimate sun protection cream and before that I was using Avene, and I've tried many others in the past but I keep coming back to this one because it's so gentle for my otherwise easily irritated skin and it is moisturizing without being greasy.
It's so basic and so simple. The only downside to this is the cheap typical sunscreen scent which doesnt seem to really go away. I can smell the cheap typical sunscreen smell upto an hour after application.
But its a great product especially for the price.